hello all

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
hello all

Hello everyone. I have been a cheap ass non-paying member of this site for about a year now. I am a pretty new atheist(about a year). I just haven't taken the time to introduce myself. I am a Navy Vet, never on a ship. I flew on EP-3s. I missed it so much that I will be returning shortly. I plan to retire after my kids have graduated and moved out. I am hoping to get stationed back up in WA. I love the outdoors and back country hiking/camping. My pic is of me getting tazed by 50k volts. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I recommend not getting tazed if you are ever given the choice. I was raised Southern Baptist and continued to practice by choice since I was about 14. I wrote another post when I first joined explaining my reasons for denouncing religion.  If anyone cares to read. http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16870

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:My

marshalltenbears wrote:

My pic is of me getting tazed by 50k volts. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I recommend not getting tazed if you are ever given the choice.

I always wanted to get tazed... just to see if i could struggle enough to get the pylons off of me

Cause... thats, uh... useful experience, to some people...  

What Would Kharn Do?

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
 Let me say this loud and

Let me say this loud and clear!!!! Once those things are in you there is nothing you can do. We watched videos of "Tough Guys" trying to take it and every one of them dropped like a rock. I didn't even try to fight it. The only thing I focused on was not screaming like a little girl. Your body contracts so hard that it feels like your spine is going to crush. My wife is a cop on the base, so she invited me to their open house. They have to get tazed before they are allowed to carry the gun. So she got tazed first, then I decided I couldn't watch her get tazed and not do it. So like an idiot I volunteered. 

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a great pic. It looks

It's a great pic. It looks like it's out of a movie. In fact, I thought it might be a pic of Henry Rollins getting tazed in some movie unknown to me.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: Let

marshalltenbears wrote:

Let me say this loud and clear!!!! Once those things are in you there is nothing you can do. We watched videos of "Tough Guys" trying to take it and every one of them dropped like a rock. I didn't even try to fight it. The only thing I focused on was not screaming like a little girl. Your body contracts so hard that it feels like your spine is going to crush.

Eh, immense pain i can deal with, whether or not i can fight off the muscle spasms and lack of bodily control is another thing (and the main purpose of my desire to do it)

And getting tased in the spine is retarded and unrealistic (even i know its futile to struggle against that!... mainly because you no longer physically can)

What Would Kharn Do?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears

marshalltenbears wrote:

Hello everyone. I have been a cheap ass non-paying member of this site for about a year now. I am a pretty new atheist(about a year). I just haven't taken the time to introduce myself. I am a Navy Vet, never on a ship. I flew on EP-3s. I missed it so much that I will be returning shortly. I plan to retire after my kids have graduated and moved out. I am hoping to get stationed back up in WA. I love the outdoors and back country hiking/camping. My pic is of me getting tazed by 50k volts. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I recommend not getting tazed if you are ever given the choice. I was raised Southern Baptist and continued to practice by choice since I was about 14. I wrote another post when I first joined explaining my reasons for denouncing religion.  If anyone cares to read. http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16870

You have military experience? Lucky bastard!

I, because of two potentially deadly endocrine diseases (insulin dependant Diabetes, Addison's disease) that will ensure I NEVER see the front doors to Basic Training(... grrrrrrr.) So, I spend most of my time exercising my 'grey matter muscle'.

You were tazed with 50000 volts? Wow. I know in the military they often discipline recruits with "pain conditioning", to give them psychological resistance on the off-chance they are captured by whatever enemy we are fighting at the moment- this includes 'waterboard training'. DAMNED nasty stuff, to be sure.

Feel free to drop by anytime...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

Let me say this loud and clear!!!! Once those things are in you there is nothing you can do. We watched videos of "Tough Guys" trying to take it and every one of them dropped like a rock. I didn't even try to fight it. The only thing I focused on was not screaming like a little girl. Your body contracts so hard that it feels like your spine is going to crush.

Eh, immense pain i can deal with, whether or not i can fight off the muscle spasms and lack of bodily control is another thing (and the main purpose of my desire to do it)

And getting tased in the spine is retarded and unrealistic (even i know its futile to struggle against that!... mainly because you no longer physically can)

Same here.... I can fight off pain that most people can't even BEGIN to handle... this includes a periapical abscess, (basically a pus buildup at one of the roots of the teeth).... it hurt like fucking hell... but I beat it... without the help of a dentist, even. My psychological resistance to pain is almost top notch... now I just need to find a way to adapt to the pain of a fire ant sting, then a bullet ant, then several dozen/hundred/thousand bullet ants stinging me on the hand at once - like a certain Native American tribe does to grant the male hunters of the village an UNTHINKABLE level of pain resistance... they do this up to twenty times, IIRC. Hint: it's not the actual stings that hurt the most, but what happens for HOURS afterwards.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have but one question...

I have but one question... did you turn into chewbacca?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears

marshalltenbears wrote:

You deserve to be tazed,..........you know atheists cant join the military, that is a Jesus club.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao

Kapkao wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

You have military experience? Lucky bastard!

I, because of two potentially deadly endocrine diseases (insulin dependant Diabetes, Addison's disease) that will ensure I NEVER see the front doors to Basic Training(... grrrrrrr.) So, I spend most of my time exercising my 'grey matter muscle'.

You were tazed with 50000 volts? Wow. I know in the military they often discipline recruits with "pain conditioning", to give them psychological resistance on the off-chance they are captured by whatever enemy we are fighting at the moment- this includes 'waterboard training'. DAMNED nasty stuff, to be sure.

Feel free to drop by anytime...

The navy isn't allowed to use pain directly as discipline. I am a civilian in this photo, my wife is active duty. Because of my job I went through some schools that use pain and torture, both mental and physical. It is called SERE. I had a blast, the worst part was not eating for 6 days. I will take an ass whooping any day over not getting dinner. I did get to suck a rabbits eyeball out of its head for electrolytes. 

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

You deserve to be tazed,..........you know atheists cant join the military, that is a Jesus club.

I actually disagree. I think the media makes people think that most in the military are religious. In my squadron I was one of the few that was actually a devout xtian. Most people I would talk to it about would tell me that they were agnostic, or just didn't care. My best friends were all atheist. But this was only my squadron. It is probably different for army/marines who are getting shot at and blown up. 

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pain....Yeeuuk!

To make that taser experience less painfull next time  why not wear handcuffs and a leather hood;   and have the zapper wear a leather bustier and 12 inch spiked heeled boots.   It works for me everytime.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?