9 year old girl gives birth

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
9 year old girl gives birth

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1247889/Girl-9-gives-birth-health-baby-boy.html

Quote:

A nine-year-old Chinese schoolgirl has become one of the world's youngest mothers after giving birth to a healthy boy.

The unnamed girl was brought to a hospital in Changchun, which lies in the north-east of the country, when she was eight and a half months pregnant.

Two days later, she gave birth to the 6lb boy by Caesarean section, a Chinese newspaper has reported. 

The child comes from the nearby town of Songyuan. Her family refused to discuss the pregnancy, but confirmed they had reported it to the police.

Last night police were reportedly trying to establish who the father is.

In the province, sex with a child under the age of 14 brings an automatic rape conviction and a lengthy jail sentence.

A legal expert told the paper that women under the age of 14 do not have sexual rights  - 'so any argument of being consensual as a defence is completely untenable,' he said.

He added: 'Anyone who had sexual relations with a girl under 14 means they have committed rape and is to be punished severely.'

A  hospital in China's largest city, Shanghai, recently said that about 30 per cent of abortions were on school-aged girls.

The youngest reported mother in the world - and the most bizarre of all young pregnancy cases - is five-year-old Lina Medina of Peru, who gave birth to a 6lb son named Gerardo in a Caesarean operation in 1939.

Her father was arrested on suspicion of sexual abuse but was later released because of lack of evidence.

In 1957 another Peruvian girl, aged nine, gave birth to a girl weighing just over 6lb and, curiously, it was in 2006 that yet another Peruvian girl, aged eight, gave birth to a 4lb 4oz girl.

Several other girls aged nine, from Thailand, Singapore, Rwanda and Brazil, have also given birth.

Mothers aged as young as 10 and 11 have also become an increasing occurrence.

The youngest mother in Britain is believed to have been 11 when she got pregnant and 12 years old when she gave birth.

and  at 30 percent of abortions being school aged girls

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, what was the point of

Ok, what was the point of this post?

That humans fuck at far too early an age when their brains cant grasp the concept of planning ahead?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I fail to see the point as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina

Pregnancies can happen much much earlier. See? She was knocked up when she was 4, and had a kid at 5.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
So... the only thing that

So... the only thing that stands between the memory of rape, incest, and children, of these little girls... and a relatively normal life...

Is abortion...

What Would Kharn Do?

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:So...

The Doomed Soul wrote:

So... the only thing that stands between the memory of rape, incest, and children, of these little girls... and a relatively normal life...

Is abortion...

you are doomed and damn right lol

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:I fail to see

ClockCat wrote:

Pregnancies can happen much much earlier. See? She was knocked up when she was 4, and had a kid at 5.

Wiki can really suck for information. Note under her pic they cite she died at 40, and that does not square with the rest of the article or the other one where she is in her late 60's refusing to have an interview with Reuters.

I really don't take wiki as any kind of authoritative source and that is only one example of so many. It is a good way to get information that you then have to verify though.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1247889/Girl-9-gives-birth-health-baby-boy.html

and  at 30 percent of abortions being school aged girls

I feel ill all of the sudden......... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ggghuurrgghhh rghhhuurrghghg *splatter*

edit: at the lina medina article... holy shit my stomach never adapts to that story.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
StrawberryJam wrote:ClockCat

StrawberryJam wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Wiki can really suck for information. Note under her pic they cite she died at 40, and that does not square with the rest of the article or the other one where she is in her late 60's refusing to have an interview with Reuters.

I really don't take wiki as any kind of authoritative source and that is only one example of so many. It is a good way to get information that you then have to verify though.

Thank you ALL for reminding me why I have to take immodium AD while surfing the web. Anyways...

No, Wikipedia isn't reliable AT ALL for the emotionally-charged articles (ones infinitely prone to intellectual bias)

HOWEVER, the I consider the Lina Medina article mostly unbiased -just full of confused BS from people without the facts lying in front of them. I consider it unbiased because this is a girl who hasn't (in roughly 80 years) divulged too much on her molestation/rape, who never displayed maternal instinct ONCE after giving birth, and whom even refuses to be interviewed on the subject.

Wikipedia sucks on EVERYTHING not math/science, but it sucks a bit less with regards to this particular woman.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam wrote:

Look closer at that.  It says that her son died at age 40.  She, apparently is still with us.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=