Rock Climbing

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rock Climbing

any rock climbers here?

if so where you climb at and what gear you rocking?

i have like 4 pairs of shoes:

a pair of scarpas

a pair of fiveten moccasyms

a pair of fiveten galileos

a pair of la sportiva miuras

i do alot of my outside climbing at new paltz or in the high peaks area of upstate ny (mackenzie pond and the like)

ive been to rumney once, didnt get to climb really cause it was raining Sad

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I climb too (if you couldn't

I climb too (if you couldn't tell by what is slightly left of this text).  I haven't been climbing for long, and am not particularly good at it.  (5.8-5.9ish outside)  I've mainly done sport climbing (have led once or twice), and have not led trad yet.  I'm from the Ohio State University, and we take trips to the Red River Gorge, New River Gorge, and some annual trips, like the Horseshoe Canyon Ranch and Moab, Utah.  Right now I'm in central PA.  I've thought about joining a nearby rock gym, but don't know if I'll have time.

Gear:  Black Diamond harness, chalk bag, ATC.  My uncle's old Boreal Diablo shoes, and cams .25, .5, .75, and 1-5 (also from the uncle) that I certainly do not feel comfortable using... lol

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:I

v4ultingbassist wrote:

I climb too (if you couldn't tell by what is slightly left of this text).  I haven't been climbing for long, and am not particularly good at it.  (5.8-5.9ish outside)  I've mainly done sport climbing (have led once or twice), and have not led trad yet.  I'm from the Ohio State University, and we take trips to the Red River Gorge, New River Gorge, and some annual trips, like the Horseshoe Canyon Ranch and Moab, Utah.  Right now I'm in central PA.  I've thought about joining a nearby rock gym, but don't know if I'll have time.

Gear:  Black Diamond harness, chalk bag, ATC.  My uncle's old Boreal Diablo shoes, and cams .25, .5, .75, and 1-5 (also from the uncle) that I certainly do not feel comfortable using... lol

i prefer to boulder, alot cheaper, just need shoes, a pad and some chalk

i got a harness and a chalk bag and all that stuff, got a rope and some draws

new paltz has some really great trad climbing, as does upstate NY

great part about new paltz is you usually find a few pros

ive seen obi carrion and ivan greene there

theres a few rock gyms i go to around here

id def put some money into some new shoes, they have some amazing stuff out there, i love my miuras (they are actually the womans version, they fit much better, and actually look nicer not girly at all)

you have any climbing vids? i got a bunch