WTF?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
WTF?

I found this article just a few minutes ago; it really doesn't stun me to think that some ministries are actually making the world worse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
wtf......

It shows the blind hate mongering ignorence of Rick Warren and other like minded PR driven fundies.  They know nothing about any culture beyond the end of their bigoted noses.

In all sincerity they thought that Ugandan religios were just like the white bread airheads that sit in their churches back home.  Surprise ASSHOLES Ugandans are not from the US of A biblebelt.   What they stirred up was a murderous hornets nest of violence against people and by people they know nothing about.  

They now try to distence themselves from the bloodshed they started. No decent person should allow the Rick Warrens to slunk away from the blood on their hands,  they should be reminded and held accountable when  ever possible.  They are guilty of a crime against humanity. 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I happy to have heard the US

I happy to have heard the US State Department has told the Ugandans that the USA will hold back billions of dollars in aid to the country if the bill passes in to law. Of course, the Ugandan government has replied, "OK, instead of death we will do life in prison" but that isn't going to fly either with the Obama administration. They have already replied that if this bill passes in any form that aid money will go bye-bye.

I find it interesting that the "christian" portion of the Ugandan government is all hot fired to murder all the gays in the country, but when it comes to billions of dollars in aid the "word of god" goes right out the window.

I guess "money talks and bullshit walks".

As for the christian assholes who go around causing these types of problems, it reminds me of the "ministries" which have been with holding medicine and food from 3rd world citizens if they don't convert to christianity. The practice has been banned by several governments in SE Asia.

They are complaining that the governments are "anti-christian" and that they are "suppress" the word of god.

Jeffrick wrote:

It shows the blind hate mongering ignorance of Rick Warren and other like minded PR driven fundies.  They know nothing about any culture beyond the end of their bigoted noses.

In all sincerity they thought that Ugandan religios were just like the white bread airheads that sit in their churches back home.  Surprise ASSHOLES Ugandans are not from the US of A biblebelt.   What they stirred up was a murderous hornets nest of violence against people and by people they know nothing about.  

They now try to distance themselves from the bloodshed they started. No decent person should allow the Rick Warrens to slunk away from the blood on their hands,  they should be reminded and held accountable when  ever possible.  They are guilty of a crime against humanity. 

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:if

digitalbeachbum wrote:

if this bill passes in any form that aid money will go bye-bye

We are holding our breaths in anticipation of this new hardline also being applied to the apartheid state of Israel.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline

That damn Bible is a three million pound anchor to progress.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:We are holding

Marquis wrote:

We are holding our breaths in anticipation of this new hardline also being applied to the apartheid state of Israel.

That wall cuts down on suicide bombings. I support it. If Americans frequently suffered from suicide bombings from Mexico, we would build a wall too. In fact, the Israelis are unbelievably patient and willing to take abuse before retaliating. Americans would be way faster to shoot and blow up attackers than the Israelis are. And yet people bitch and complain about that life-saving wall that the Israelis built.

The out of control (and under FBI investigation for the second time) Muslim Student Union on my campus has made the laughable claim that Israel is an apartheid state many times. Once a year they host an on-campus hate fest to vent their vile hatred for Israel. Last year it was called "Israel, the apartheid state" and before that it was "Israel, holocaust in the holy land." They have this 12'x20' wall made mostly from cardboard that they leave out on campus for that week. It is the 'apartheid wall.' On it they draw terrorists attempting to kill Israelis and label them 'freedom fighters.' I am not making any of this up.

Don't insult our intelligence by refering to Israel as an apartheid state. Non-Jews in Israel get to vote and get legislative representatives. They get all the same legal rights as Jewish Israelis. That isn't apartheid. That is regular Western Democracy.

For anyone thinking that Israel is a big meany: imagine how many motar attacks Americans would withstand before brutally retaliating. I commend the Israelis for their restraint and mercy.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:Marquis

Jormungander wrote:

Marquis wrote:

That wall cuts down on suicide bombings. <SNIP>

Don't mind Marquis, he's on his second reading of The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion and still doesn't realize it's a work of (piss poor) fiction.

"Let's all laugh at Millwall, let's all laugh at Millwall!"

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
I felt the following reader

I felt the following reader comment to be appropriate:

Daniel from Washington wrote:
I don't think any of them were duped by those in Uganda. When you preach a gospel of hatred do you expect love to blossom?

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philosophicus wrote:That

Philosophicus wrote:

That damn Bible is a three million pound anchor to progress.

Any civilized society should BAN the bible with all the intolerance, hate, murder, rape, slavery, sexual slavery, human sacrifice, etc. in it.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:Don't

Jormungander wrote:

Don't insult our intelligence by refering to Israel as an apartheid state.

Israel is not only an apartheid state, it is also a fascist theocracy. That "holy land" doctrine sits well with Americans, of course; who also had to hack, chop, and kill their way into possession of their stolen land, followed up with draconian and flagrantly unjust "laws" (under the gun) to upkeep the blatant lies. Lies that continue to this very day... and which will no doubt carry on into oblivion. As long as some W.A.S.P. motherfucker needs to make some money from sitting on his lard arse and claiming extorsion revenue from natural processes, the US government will be there to aid and assist in the holy war against the "natives" (or "savages", as it were).

I personally find it quite unbelievable that any thinking man or woman can seriously defend the Israeli position. Really. How can you look at what they are doing and think this is OK? I am absolutely not saying that bombings and terrorism is acceptable even in the very least... but FFS! That shit that Israel is doing is just WRONG! And what you have to compare with is the US being bombed from Mexico???!!!??? Are you fucking insane or what???

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Jormungander

Marquis wrote:

Jormungander wrote:

Don't insult our intelligence by refering to Israel as an apartheid state.

Israel is not only an apartheid state, it is also a fascist theocracy. That "holy land" doctrine sits well with Americans, of course; who also had to hack, chop, and kill their way into possession of their stolen land, followed up with draconian and flagrantly unjust "laws" (under the gun) to upkeep the blatant lies. Lies that continue to this very day... and which will no doubt carry on into oblivion. As long as some W.A.S.P. motherfucker needs to make some money from sitting on his lard arse and claiming extorsion revenue from natural processes, the US government will be there to aid and assist in the holy war against the "natives" (or "savages", as it were).

I personally find it quite unbelievable that any thinking man or woman can seriously defend the Israeli position. Really. How can you look at what they are doing and think this is OK? I am absolutely not saying that bombings and terrorism is acceptable even in the very least... but FFS! That shit that Israel is doing is just WRONG! And what you have to compare with is the US being bombed from Mexico???!!!??? Are you fucking insane or what???

Marquis I've heard some stuff about the ill treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis but don't know much about it.  Can you please tell us what's going on there to make it apartheid and please provide some links if you have any?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

some links if you have any?