User is offlineOffline
Who can solve this riddle?

When the same person tells you that

A) your head is in the clouds

and that

B) your mind is in the gutter;

is the only appropriate answer not the one I gave:

"As above, so below." ?!?

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:When the same

Marquis wrote:

and that

AH Smiling but check this one out

Im high on the lowest level  

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Marquis wrote:

and that

It actually sounds like what a 10 year old would think of the christian God after reading the bible.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
It must be a foggy day(My

It must be a foggy day(My mind is never out of the gutter).

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline

Marquis wrote:

and that

Well, at least your mind is in the right place.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:It must be a foggy

EXC wrote:

Foggy day makes sense to me. 

EXC, I cannot read the small print on your avatar. Atheism ?????

Please tell me.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:EXC

ex-minister wrote:

EXC wrote:

Foggy day makes sense to me. 

EXC, I cannot read the small print on your avatar. Atheism ?????

Please tell me.

Because babies are tasty(don't want to advertise it too much).

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

vburach (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Riddle

To the fictitous speaker "Considering the size of the Universe, you seem to think there is a very small space for a mind to exist. Are you related to my ex-wife by any chance?"

To the readers "She was a confirmed atheist, the fact is she was not even imaginative enough to think of God one way or another. She held to her belief like a Good Catholic clutching a crucifix. She inherited it from her devout communist mother, who by the way started attending mass secretly as she passed into her mid eighties "

I suspect my ex has never acknowledged the contradiction and still believes her mother is an atheist! Like many atheists the possibility of a God might mean that they have to pay for the liberties they took during life. It is like not believing in debt collectors.

Like the questioner her mind was somewhere in between the clouds and the gutter and in that little space she never met God or the evidence of his absence.  I think like many people they only see themselves in a mirror or in other reflections.

How many atheists ever went looking?. Just like the theists they have no doubts either. So what really seperates an atheist from a theist? If they both have beliefs based on a failure to look for evidence.

It was not so much a riddle as self indulgence.

Fact is it says much more about the questioner than the supposed ignorance of the speaker. Your delight in the riddle simply suggests to me you are a Libertine at heart and would like to have command over both realms and perhaps have someone else pay for your drinks!

I imagine that the readers suspect I might be a theist. Believe me no self respecting theist would have me, nor I suspect would any atheist. I can't help but be critical of  anyone I suspect of using a belief system rather than

thinking. Being neither a theist or atheist what is left? The choice between clouds  or gutter is similarly limited.

Perhaps you should consider how insidious the Obama suspension of the Moon program is to society. Obama seems to have taken to heart that we are limited to the region defined by the clouds and the gutter. While we idle away our time about God or unGod we have trapped ourselves waiting for someone else to pay for the good times..

vburach "Cossack" 

a Turkish term of endearment meaning, so wretchedly poor and ignorant that he does not even have a Ruler. So somehow they existed between heaven and hell with no guide posts on a featureless steppe living by their wits alone. No Gods No Kings.  Oh by the way no gutters either, we shit on the same ground as the horses then we all die buried beneath the accumulated shit of generations, that was what kept the grass growing. Our purpose in life is to shit and die so the next Cossack can steal Turkish gold, get fucked and drunk. Somewhere in between all the hard work occasionally we ask what the hell is going on up above the clouds. We seemed to think we knew what was happening under our feet. Christianity destroyed us as it did the Vikings and the Native Americans. Cossacks were a miserable lot, not worth bothering with but keep your doors locked. Hang on to your crosses and atheistic icons. Maybe even weave a necklace from garlic. 

Like Groucho Marx, I would never join a club that would accept someone like me as a member.

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
vburach wrote:Your delight

vburach wrote:

Your delight in the riddle simply suggests to me you are a Libertine at heart and would like to have command over both realms and perhaps have someone else pay for your drinks!

Very good! I am indeed a libertine at heart.

And my answer betrays my sense of humour: As above, so below.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com