Wasting Valuable Lifetime

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wasting Valuable Lifetime

Why argue with morons?

It is, in my opinion, impossible to "believe" in theistic religion unless you are mentally challenged. Retarded. Insane. Idiot Savant. If you believe in theistic religion, there is something wrong with you. You are an inferior species. A fossil. A cognitive underachiever. It is impossible to respect someone who believes in any theistic concept of God and cosmogony. It's just weird. Creepy. Like some kind of hidden but still detectable, demented sexual deviation.

I consider my life time to be far too valuable to squander on the likes of these vermin.

Christians are not worthless. Far from it! They do in fact have negative value. Having to spend time around them steals away from your life. Having to listen to their message pollutes your consciousness. Having to turn down their filthy solicitations in utter disgust removes chunks of quality from your life. Why are they here? Why are they breathing? Why can't they just go away? They are creepy. Ugly. Unwelcome.

A friend of mine said he wanted to exterminate the world of Christians. In reply, I suggested that it would perhaps be more economically beneficial if we made them into slaves. He replied that the disgust he would feel every day from having to be around those people simply isn't worth it. I kind of agree with that.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is ridiculous crap.

This is ridiculous crap. You're advocating extermination based on what someone believes? Sorry, but it's not even a Godwin to say that you sound like a Nazi. You need to re-evaluate your own beliefs. Clearly you're not rational. You're argument is basically an argument from disgust. Well, your rhetoric disgusts me, so by that reasoning, you should exterminate yourself. Doesn't sound very logical, does it?

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum!I have

Welcome to the forum!

I have Christian friends... 

Do you?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:You are an

Marquis wrote:

You are an inferior species. 

Copyright, Doomy Inc

natural wrote:

You're advocating extermination based on what someone believes?

I like this guy!

What Would Kharn Do?

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Welcome

butterbattle wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

I have Christian friends... 

Do you?

Thank you.

No I don't. I find it ridiculously impossible to have Christian friends. That's like having child molester friends and thinking it is OK. I have zero tolerance for the Christian paradigm. I refuse to interact with them, to greet them, or to touch any part of their bodies. This is not a negotiating issue. My intolerance of Christians is 100%. If I can avoid it, I will not let the sound of their voices pollute my ears. Nor my eyes. No amount of washing in this whole wide world would relieve me of that stain of impurity. I consider them vermin. But I will leave them alone and let them get on with their lives as they see fit. Live and let live. Just keep them away from me.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not a great fan of

Christians/muslims and have suggested eye for eye lake of fire treatment for them in these forums.

However, I'm forced to concede that unlike the godly, I don't think people deserve to die on account of their beliefs.

I have christian friends and family. I like the liberal/intelligent/questioning christians quite a lot. The fundys I am against.

I have a brother and a mother and a sister fundy, and a brother and sister liberal.

I don't know what's behind this outburst from the marquis de sade but I have felt this way before.

Recently I asked eXni whether he would be prepared to kill atheists on judgment day, given it was perfect justice (apparently) and he said he wouldn't have to

as god would do it for him. I think Cap or jumbo recently suggested hell was a beat up.

Look - death to christianity. The christians - maybe just six of the best, trousers down....

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate Christianity and

I hate Christianity and religion in general, but that doesn't mean I hate religious people.

They are not necessarily stupid either. Religion is like a meme virus and some people get infected by it. Some recover and some are carriers their whole lives. that doesn't mean that they are bad people.

I don't like cancer, but that doesn't mean that I hate people with cancer.

I have good friends and family who are Christians, face it they are everywhere. Most of them rarely mention god.

A persons actions are more important than their private belliefs. Judge them all individually.

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
ronin-dog wrote:I hate

ronin-dog wrote:

I hate Christianity and religion in general, but that doesn't mean I hate religious people.

Then you are more tolerant than I am. Kudos for that.

Personally, I find it hard to separate religious people from their religion. It is a stain of guilt that they have to carry - just like the child molester.

I personally ave no problem with the "religion" as such. It is the religious people that I hate.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Marquis, I can relate to

Marquis,

I can relate to some of those feelings, but I do agree with Natural... and you really should examine how you feel more closely.  If we view the world in a manner desiring to exterminate those unlike us, what's to stop someone from feeling the same about atheists?  We need to work together, if you want to help you must associate with them.  You must steer them from their irrational beliefs by making it make sense to them, and this will require you to at least act friendly... even if you don't respect their beliefs.  

I must say there was a time when I said I can't stand all Christians, I have no respect for their beliefs and therefore don't respect them.  You must realize that to the majority of the population God belief feels normal, so those brainwashed from an early age often have no idea why they should question their beliefs.  You could blame them, lose respect for them, but it's not entirely their fault.  And the same might be true of the people that brainwashed them.  

More importantly than acting on my suggestions is at the minimum... realize that the view you espouse is going to encourage more hatred towards atheists.  

You should know that while I take my quest to end religion extremely seriously, it dominates my life, I do actually have one Christian friend who I enjoy playing golf with.  We even debate religion from time to time in a friendly manner.  His views get me frustrated but I enjoy playing golf with him, and like who he is as a person.  I know he's a good guy, honest and loyal, and he tries to practice what he preaches.  Here is the only other religious person that comes to mind when I think of religious people I can stomach....

What do you think of him?  Coolest "father" you've seen yet?

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I exterminated all my

If I exterminated all my theistic friends who would I have to mock and belittle?

All my Atheist friends are far more clever than I am.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Why argue with

Marquis wrote:

Why argue with morons?

Entertainment.

Marquis wrote:

A friend of mine said he wanted to exterminate the world of Christians. In reply, I suggested that it would perhaps be more economically beneficial if we made them into slaves.

Thats just not right.  Are you an enlightened athiest, or just an angry anti-thiest, the former is so much more powerful.  I was an angry anti-theist, even more so before i actually joined the discussion.  This is counter productive to our cause and you certainly don't represent the enlightened ethical athiests around the world with that comment.  Bad form.      

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:at least act

Sapient wrote:

at least act friendly... even if you don't respect their beliefs. [..........]

at the minimum... realize that the view you espouse is going to encourage more hatred towards atheists.

You are correct, of course.

Out in the real world, I live by the standard of being nice and polite to everybody; whether they are deserving of this or not.

Let's say it is a bit of a "don't ask and don't tell" attitude with regards to the more metaphysical ideas and matters of life.

However, when I start writing, I have a tendency to get carried away. Some times the silky gloves must come off so I can flex those rusty iron claws. But that's mostly for show. And a little for the hell of it; like throwing a string of firecrackers into a room of uptight prudes. (Just a metaphor, I'm not calling anyone names.)

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:Are

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Are you an enlightened athiest, or just an angry anti-thiest,

I am whatever I am. Including a jester. Which implies that if and when I say outrageous things, they are said in jest.

However, I agree that this particular post overstepped the line. My bad.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:In reply, I

Marquis wrote:

In reply, I suggested that it would perhaps be more economically beneficial if we made them into slaves. 

Slavery. Still not funny.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:However, when

Marquis wrote:

However, when I start writing, I have a tendency to get carried away. Some times the silky gloves must come off so I can flex those rusty iron claws. But that's mostly for show. And a little for the hell of it; like throwing a string of firecrackers into a room of uptight prudes. (Just a metaphor, I'm not calling anyone names.)

I can really appreciate that.  Sort of Eminemish.  Saying the things we feel sometimes but realize we aren't supposed to say. 

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:  Slavery.

Abu Lahab wrote:

... i laughed...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll only return fire. I'll

I'll only return fire. I'll never take the first shot. That way I have the moral high ground if the blood flows. I'd much rather we mitigate religion than attempt to conquer it. But if it must come to war, I stand ready.

In the meantime, I'll do all I can to make sure it doesn't come to that.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I must say again

Marquis wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Are you an enlightened athiest, or just an angry anti-thiest,

I am whatever I am. Including a jester. Which implies that if and when I say outrageous things, they are said in jest.

However, I agree that this particular post overstepped the line. My bad.

That I know where you are coming from with this elemental hostility, Marquis. Don't be troubled. All our grumpiness can never outweigh the truth that most theists look forward to guzzling champagne and strawberries the day after judgment day when they finally get the furnace doors shut on the last of us. When we bristle at the godly we are just aerating. Most of them actually believe the hellfire doctrine and accept it as perfectly fine by them. That's part of the reason I have a soft spot for liberal theists and find it impossible to categorise them in the fundamentalist bracket. Consider this. Has any hellfire breathing theist ever retracted their belief on this forum and decried the lake of fire? I think not.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
History check.

Abu Lahab wrote:

Marquis wrote:

In reply, I suggested that it would perhaps be more economically beneficial if we made them into slaves. 

I think it is funny also.  BUT; for accuracy the pyramids were not buildt by slaves.   The Egyptians would not allow mere slaves to construct a sacrad tomb to their living gods.              The skilled labor was year round and lived near the construction site,  they where citizens -- civil servants and well paid for their labors-- engineers, riggers, stone cutters and scribes.  More citizen labor was added -- as a tax; not slavery-- between sowing and harvest to do the drudge work,  hauling and lifting.  Any slaves in the area would be allowed to do cleaning and cooking and house keeping for the work force but not directly involved in the actual construction;  that would be a  blasphamy.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote: I think it

Jeffrick wrote:

I think it is funny also.  BUT; for accuracy the pyramids were not buildt by slaves. {SNIP} 
   Never let historical accuracy get in the way of a good joke, Jeffrick!

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Marquis, I can

Sapient wrote:

Marquis,

I can relate to some of those feelings, but I do agree with Natural... and you really should examine how you feel more closely.  If we view the world in a manner desiring to exterminate those unlike us, what's to stop someone from feeling the same about atheists?  We need to work together, if you want to help you must associate with them.  You must steer them from their irrational beliefs by making it make sense to them, and this will require you to at least act friendly... even if you don't respect their beliefs.  

I must say there was a time when I said I can't stand all Christians, I have no respect for their beliefs and therefore don't respect them.  You must realize that to the majority of the population God belief feels normal, so those brainwashed from an early age often have no idea why they should question their beliefs.  You could blame them, lose respect for them, but it's not entirely their fault.  And the same might be true of the people that brainwashed them.  

More importantly than acting on my suggestions is at the minimum... realize that the view you espouse is going to encourage more hatred towards atheists.  

You should know that while I take my quest to end religion extremely seriously, it dominates my life, I do actually have one Christian friend who I enjoy playing golf with.  We even debate religion from time to time in a friendly manner.  His views get me frustrated but I enjoy playing golf with him, and like who he is as a person.  I know he's a good guy, honest and loyal, and he tries to practice what he preaches.  Here is the only other religious person that comes to mind when I think of religious people I can stomach....

What do you think of him?  Coolest "father" you've seen yet?

if it was so blacks and scots would not be here

i wont be here

Ontopic my whole family is theistic you just have to live with that and just try to avoid them when they start to talk thier shit   

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Why argue with

Marquis wrote:

Why argue with morons?

It is, in my opinion, impossible to "believe" in theistic religion unless you are mentally challenged. Retarded. Insane. Idiot Savant. If you believe in theistic religion, there is something wrong with you. You are an inferior species. A fossil. A cognitive underachiever. It is impossible to respect someone who believes in any theistic concept of God and cosmogony. It's just weird. Creepy. Like some kind of hidden but still detectable, demented sexual deviation.

I consider my life time to be far too valuable to squander on the likes of these vermin.

Christians are not worthless. Far from it! They do in fact have negative value. Having to spend time around them steals away from your life. Having to listen to their message pollutes your consciousness. Having to turn down their filthy solicitations in utter disgust removes chunks of quality from your life. Why are they here? Why are they breathing? Why can't they just go away? They are creepy. Ugly. Unwelcome.

A friend of mine said he wanted to exterminate the world of Christians. In reply, I suggested that it would perhaps be more economically beneficial if we made them into slaves. He replied that the disgust he would feel every day from having to be around those people simply isn't worth it. I kind of agree with that.

Sounds like more religion to me, bro.

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:more religion    

jmm wrote:
more religion

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're still a very

You're still a very religious person regardless of how many Agnostic Front videos you post.

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote: You're still a

jmm wrote:

You're still a very religious person

If by "religious" you mean that I feel awe and venerance before that which you might call Creation, yes I am. If by "religious" you mean that I feel lost and frightened in a cosmos which is large, unpredictable and predatorial, yes I am. If by "religious" you mean that I don't understand what life is about and I am scared to think of death and being gone, yes I am. I feel all those things. But if by "religious" you mean that I surrender to any thought that was ever conceived by man in such a sense that I bow before an idol or surrender my free spirit to any man-made "law", no I am not.

We may discuss what it means to be "religious". If so, I would argue that it is a feeling.

Others may argue that it is the act of conforming to a set of preconceived ideas. We might never agree.

But... one thing that is damn sure... you can't scare me. I am part of a different horizon.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
More so in the sense that

More so in the sense that you are an absolutist.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well... damn.  I guess I

Well... damn.  I guess I have to weigh in.  I really don't want to.  I think you're going to be fighting with EXC for most irrational atheist on the site pretty soon, and I will probably stop commenting when it becomes obvious that you're not interested in learning, just preaching...

BUT...

I should go ahead and mention that your views defy pretty much everything we know about human cognitive function.  It would be hard for you to have a more unscientific opinion of religious people and their beliefs.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:More so in the

jmm wrote:

More so in the sense that you are an absolutist.

Absolutism isn't owned by the "religious."  Not to mention your argument is weak.  Maybe you should clarify and expand a little.  

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the rant was a

I think the rant was a little bit extreme, but that's neither here nor there.

I do have a problem with your reference to Savants, though. I've dealt with quite a few over the years (as it was applied to people with high-functioning variations of autism), and they're actually extremely intelligent people whose company I've enjoyed quite a bit. They just have a more narrowly focused typed of intelligence and have a lot of difficulty with social interaction. Stupid or delusional they are not.

Not to get all PC on you, but I'd be pleased if you could be more careful with your insults.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
A word for you.I am in line

A word for you.

I am in line with the idea of EXTIRPATION, not EXTERMINATION.

Huge difference, but close sounding.

Removing religious belief from the world doesn't start with killing the religious. It would just come back like a weed.

In order to guarantee the death of an aberrant thing, the roots must be destroyed and the growth will be halted allowing it to wither and die.

To extirpate, remove by the root, religious belief then the foundations of the belief must be destroyed. Since religions have such strong roots worldwide then it won't be accomplished by even a billion atheists. It must begin with showing the folly for what it is.

Discussion and debate with the adherents of the religions is by far the most economical and humane way of achieving the goal of a religion-free world. It is also the most ethical approach in that it does not impinge upon any individual rights.

While maintaining the 'moral high ground', it is still possible to make a difference by showing 'them'(adherents of faiths) exactly what bothers you the most concerning the belief.

Think of it as pity, if it makes it better for you. You see a world in which explanations are still sought. They see a world in which blind faith is all they need. A question for us stimulates our mind and senses. A question for them is eternal damnation.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Sterculius
Sterculius's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:Discussion

darth_josh wrote:

Discussion and debate with the adherents of the religions is by far the most economical and humane way of achieving the goal of a religion-free world. It is also the most ethical approach in that it does not impinge upon any individual rights.

While maintaining the 'moral high ground', it is still possible to make a difference by showing 'them'(adherents of faiths) exactly what bothers you the most concerning the belief.

Discussion and debate against religion and by living an ethical lifestyle are strong tools for ending religion ultimately.

I think there is some cause for hope given the post-modern European and even in this country I think we have seen some

trends which show that there has been some progress.    At least these days we're not being tortured and killed by the state

for heresy and athiests are starting to gain mainstream acceptance and visibility more and more.  

I think one of the great principles that the constitution is based on is freedom.
I don't want to turn things around and have the scientific inquisition to try and root out religious belief like our
kind had in the old days.    I will speak and debate against religious beliefs but as long as I'm free to be areligious I'm ok with
other people having the right to be religious.

Like George Carlin says in his 10 commandments bit ...  I wish they'd add one more commandment (after editing them down)... 
"Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself"

As long as you don't try to impose your beliefs on me I'm willing to leave you be to live your life in the manner you want so long as you're not
hurting other people.  

In the meantime I'm going to try to educate as many people as possible to the dangers of religion as a way to get rid of it.

I think that religion is going to die but it's going to be slowly.   Every generation is starting to wake up a bit more and no we won't see it in our
lifetimes but I think that the weakening and death has already started.

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such."
Homer Simpson