Crop Circles

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crop Circles

I suppose this phenomenon is more "Fortean" than scientific, but there are a few problems connected with it.

Obviouisly, many crop circles are man made. Then thee are the ones that are so designed, so well crafted and accurate both in details and relative measurments within the structure such as "the Julia set" series) that I would REALLY like to meet the guys who carried them out.

The thing is, I have spent the first half of my professional life on working with creative and performing arts. During the course of this I have been a part of much "land art" and large scale works of art so I know first handedly how difficult it is. Then add the second half of my carreer, which has been spent working with engineering and construction. It is HARD to transport a design from blueprints to actual, physical reality.

In conclusion: If somebody actually designed and made "the triple Julia set" just for the hell of it, I would very very VERY much like to hire these guys to come and work for me, a.s.a.p. Not only are they good at designing complex patterns, but they are veritable geniuses at the noble art of creating image representations of said patterns out in the field, with such precision and on such a scale that you have to feel awe.

www.cropcircleconnector.com/Millennium/kris96a.html

The question is: Does anyone here have ANY clue about what is behind this phenomenon? Scientific and apropriately skeptical approaches are preferred.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Jormungander

Marquis wrote:

Jormungander wrote:

Is there something I'm missing here?

Yes there is. Two things, actually.

Firstly, that "crop circles" have been observed in sand, snow and treetops (foilage) as well.

Secondly, that there are biological anomalies in plant material samples from some (not all) crop circles. These anomalies are uniform and they happen only in crop circles. There are also metallic anomalies in soil samples taken at the same locations. There are some very serious people gathering data for the purpose of scientifically researching these anomalies, but they are so far not postulating any hypothesis.

www.bltresearch.com/plantab.php

www.swirlednews.com/article.asp

Please observe that I have no objections to the very reasonable claim that some - if not most - of the crop circles are made by humans.

However, the fact remains that in others, there are some strange anomalies occurring which suggests some other source.

So, are you like the world's first (truly) rational insane conspiracy theorist, or something?

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stosis wrote:So, are you

Stosis wrote:

So, are you like the world's first (truly) rational insane conspiracy theorist, or something?

Sir, I think that in order to qualify as a conspiracy theorist, the very least of requirements is that you harbour and advocate at least ONE conspiracy theory, which I really don't. My sin is to admit ignorance, not to jump to conclusions.

Whether I am insane is of course a question which is open for interpretation, but I do not think so, nor do I think you would find very many who know me that would testify to such an interpretation of my thoughts, speech and deeds in this world.

In lieu of this, please find some other derogatory name to use on me.

Or even better yet, address the issue at hand.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com