FurryCatHerder: Least ethical individual to ever register here?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder: Least ethical individual to ever register here?

...I know, we've had quite a few low life frequent the forums (myself included), but I'm pretty sure this one takes the cake.

So, the claims made so far by this one:

- She's an engineer.

- She's been raped at least 3 times in her pre-teen years.

- She's lived in a rat-infested house in New Orleans.

- She watched her grandfather die at her feet of malaria.

- She participated in the relief efforts / reconstruction efforts in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit.

Anyone want to play, 'How naive are you?' ?

All of these claims, of course, are used to downplay the trauma of things like rape, poverty and disease so she can continue championing her deity ('Hey, Yahweh's just letting us bowl with the bumper's off!' Oh, I'm sorry - the judeo-Christian God can't possibly be named Yahweh, since apparently the ancient Hebrews were unable to pronounce 'Wuh' back in the day).

Of course, Furry is more than welcome to provide evidence that substantiates the profoundly dramatic claims of her allegedly turbulent life & professional credentials. Until said evidence is forthcoming for such an extraordinary story, however, I'd say it's pretty safe to call bullshit on these reprehensible fabrications. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't been here long,

I haven't been here long, but it seems that Furry likes to compare her god to the christian god, and to me it seems to be an effort to make it sound more reasonable than it is.  But other than that, I can't say anything against her.  I will give her that her views are better than most, but it isn't really necessary to bring up the difference every single time someone argues with her...

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote: Least

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Least ethical individual to ever register here?

I take great issue with this...

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hell no. One of the most

Hell no. One of the most arrogant? Sure. Easily as arrogant as myself and a few others. One of the most ignorant of atheism? Sure, her constant claim of atheism as a religion and atheists as god believers is the perfect demonstration of such. One of the most fallacious? Yep, though only due to her erroneous and demonstrable/demonstrated false claim of being logical. Quickest to claim anti-semitism in the face of simple diversity? Yep, though I've been waiting with much anticipation for her to run into the only anti-semitic person here: A_Nony_Mouse. But least ethical? If I hadn't gotten an apology from her I might agree. But I did, so I can't. As would be expected with such an individual, I was one of the first, if not the first, to take her to task, and I've kept an eye out since.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Her use of ad hom may be the

Her use of ad hom may be the highest of a user since Matt was banned, her claim of credentials has never been supported (by deed or by example), but lies, insults, and illogical thinking are the staples of the theist. In this she is no different than any given theist who thinks they know god.

By definition, I must agree with Doomed. There have been plenty of less ethical posters. Mostly christian fundys, but a couple of atheists even have been worse. Matt & Nialler to name them.

Sorry Doomed, you just aren't nearly enough of an asshole to qualify. > >

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:I take

The Doomed Soul wrote:
I take great issue with this...

There may have been a time, Doomster, when you held this title. But, seriously dude, you've just been phonin' the evil in lately. Maybe you need to change your diet or something. Get back into that "Epitome of Darkness" shape.

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Deadly Fingergun

Deadly Fingergun wrote:

But, seriously dude, you've just been phonin' the evil in lately. Maybe you need to change your diet or something. Get back into that "Epitome of Darkness" shape.

Thats not true! THATS NOT TRUE! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

*runs off crying like a little girl*

I'm just not being as big of an asshole as i COULD be... true...

but i am still, by far, the least ethical person here... (although EXC has been catching up)

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate to break it to you,

I hate to break it to you, but EXC passed you almost a year ago. Even Brian has far surpassed you, talking about bbq'ing kittens and babies as often as he does, even if he's doing so through sarcasm. Your greatest recent contributions have been ripping on elves and pissing off Big E. Just doesn't qualify as unethical. Maybe you need to spend some time amongst the truly evil to restore your power.

Sticking out tongue

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whats more is that this

Whats more is that this Jewish person is far more than willing to rubbish Christianity and claim that it is merely a cheap knock off, but yet "I had all these horrible things happen to me, so therefor I have the one true god".

Wow, (sarcasm) how shockingly mundane and typical of human behavor. What does that say about one's selfishness and narcissism, and their claimed deity?

6 billion people on the planet and God chose YOU personally to use YOU as a lab rat so that HE coud SCARE you enough to USE you as a billboard. It's not like other people suffer far worse. Say the JEWS in death camps in WW2 or the Jews in Isreal. Or the Muslims and Christians in Dar Fur.

Muslims pull the same "poor me, so therefor Allah is real" crap too.

Religion teaches selfishness and self pitty and narcissism. And for what? So humans can prop up a fictional super hero?

If such a being existed, this would NOT BE a selfless being. It can only be viewed as self absorbed. Why should the altruism of humans be the worship of anything? In western societies we value common interest and common law based on consensus, not submission. Yet their super heros goal is to gain club members. But not by appeal, but through fear and suffering?

Furry seems to fail to understand that even the prior polytheism promoted the same tribal club mentality that the god characters of modern monotheism promoted. Religion is not the promotion of peace, but the promotion of peace through the submission, not consent, of others.

The God character  of Abraham is not an ellected official, but a dictator. This character has 3 names in "Yahweh/Allah/Jesus" but has the same attitude towards outsiders.

Furry, along with others, such as Cap, fail to understand that we have seen these arguments before. We refuse to allow anyone to gloss over the concepts put forth in any holy book. The concepts of "all powerful" and "all loving" are hollow, by themselves. But absolutely repugnant when added to the words of the OT or NT.

What you get from both, is "Thats not what that means". "God can do what he wants". "You don't understand".

Yes we do understand, which is why we are atheists.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I hate to break

Vastet wrote:
I hate to break it to you, but EXC passed you almost a year ago. Even Brian has far surpassed you, talking about bbq'ing kittens and babies as often as he does, even if he's doing so through sarcasm. Your greatest recent contributions have been ripping on elves and pissing off Big E. Just doesn't qualify as unethical. Maybe you need to spend some time amongst the truly evil to restore your power. :P

There was a cartoonist who put out a book "101 uses for a dead cat". I guess he hated cats.

I think you know Vaset, that I mention kittens, to poke fun at what believers falsely think of us.

But I think farting Lamborghini's out of my ass is far more fun. It does piss me off that no one believes me that I can really do that. I keep telling them that the Lamborghini's are invisible. WHY DO THEY LAUGH AT ME!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Just doesn't

Vastet wrote:
Just doesn't qualify as unethical. Maybe you need to spend some time amongst the truly evil to restore your power. :P

... and when was the last time anyone else here suggested the cessation of all relief supplies and AIDS medications to Africa as a form of managing the continent, its people, and the disease? To expunge the weak and stupid from a good portion of the planet?

... well?

Ya... thought as much >.>

If anything, people here have been learning from me

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"... and when was the last

"... and when was the last time anyone else here suggested the cessation of all relief supplies and AIDS medications to Africa as a form of managing the continent, its people, and the disease? To expunge the weak and stupid from a good portion of the planet?"

It was within the last month. Thank Exnilio and his support of christianity and the pope's actions in that continent. You're behind the times. Sticking out tongue

Besides, killing them all would simply end their suffering. If you want to be unethical, I suggest forming work camps for slave labour instead. Since the goal is depopulation, you don't need to even provide food and shelter, just work them to death.

Oh damn, now I've surpassed you. > >

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:There was a

Brian37 wrote:

There was a cartoonist who put out a book "101 uses for a dead cat". I guess he hated cats.

I think you know Vaset, that I mention kittens, to poke fun at what believers falsely think of us.

But I think farting Lamborghini's out of my ass is far more fun. It does piss me off that no one believes me that I can really do that. I keep telling them that the Lamborghini's are invisible. WHY DO THEY LAUGH AT ME!

Yes, I have a pretty good handle on you now. I also enjoy reading your posts. Especially on the semi-rare occasion when you rip out a few paragraphs of ownage. You're better at it than you think, I think. Laughing out loud

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: It was within

Vastet wrote:
It was within the last month. Thank Exnilio and his support of christianity and the pope's actions in that continent. You're behind the times. :P

Well i had made the remark several times infact, over a year and a half ago  

Vastet wrote:

Besides, killing them all would simply end their suffering. If you want to be unethical, I suggest forming work camps for slave labour instead. Since the goal is depopulation, you don't need to even provide food and shelter, just work them to death.

So you think a "Death by labour" sentence to millions, is more unethical... than removing life support to an entire continent of impoverished people and watching the unimaginable deterioration of said people over then next 20 to 30 years, all for my entertainment (and ... err... the betterment of humanity and all that jazz) 

Vastet wrote:

Oh damn, now I've surpassed you. > >

You've been a good pupil... hook, line, and sinker

What Would Kharn Do?

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
The most dishonest thing

The most dishonest thing FurryCatHerder ever did is not tell people that she was raped when she believed in Jesus.  Because then, if everyone knew that she was a Jesus believer when she got raped, they'd all want to know why she stopped believing in Jesus.  Isn't that just dishonest?  She should have immediately become an Atheist after figuring out that Christianity was totally bogus!!!

Kevin, no, I am not going to post my resume here in order to prove that you're an ass.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Well i had made the remark

"Well i had made the remark several times infact, over a year and a half ago"

So you've been slacking for 18 months eh? Sticking out tongue

"So you think a "Death by labour" sentence to millions, is more unethical... than removing life support to an entire continent of impoverished people and watching the unimaginable deterioration of said people over then next 20 to 30 years, all for my entertainment (and ... err... the betterment of humanity and all that jazz) "

Certainly. Removing all that would just be stepping back in time a few decades. It could actually fix the problems given time enough for evolution to do its thing. Eye-wink

"You've been a good pupil... hook, line, and sinker"

Lol.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who would ever believe that

Who would ever believe that she REALLY took this picture of a house on top of a truck?  I bet she STOLE this photo from someone else.  That makes her even MORE unethical!!!

And I bet she made it with Photoshop!!!

UNETHICAL!!!

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:The

FurryCatHerder wrote:

The most dishonest thing FurryCatHerder ever did is not tell people that she was raped when she believed in Jesus.  Because then, if everyone knew that she was a Jesus believer when she got raped, they'd all want to know why she stopped believing in Jesus.  Isn't that just dishonest?  She should have immediately become an Atheist after figuring out that Christianity was totally bogus!!!

Kevin, no, I am not going to post my resume here in order to prove that you're an ass.

I'm more interested in why you decided to switch from Jesus to the one you call G-d.

There's something about it that seems like you changed supports. You discovered that the one you had a relationship with wasn't there for you in bad situations so you went with a deity who isn't expected to have a relationship with anyone so when he wasn't there for you - you weren't surprised.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That pic looks a lot more

That pic looks a lot more like the results of a tornado than a hurricane, though it could be either.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I'm more

jcgadfly wrote:

I'm more interested in why you decided to switch from Jesus to the one you call G-d.

There's something about it that seems like you changed supports. You discovered that the one you had a relationship with wasn't there for you in bad situations so you went with a deity who isn't expected to have a relationship with anyone so when he wasn't there for you - you weren't surprised.

I stopped thinking Jesus was going to protect me before I was 10 years old.

Trying, and failing, to bring a parrot back from the dead when I was 14 -- that was the icing on the cake.  (No, do not laugh.  I had a parrot, it died, I prayed for Jesus to make it come back to life.  And it didn't.  Jesus owes me a new parrot.)

Judaism isn't a "religion".  That's the difference.  That and Jewish beliefs are much closer to what I believed about G-d, the nature of G-d, our purpose on this planet, the afterlife, etc. back when I was arguing with my father that that G-d (l'havdil) is really a heavy-set black woman who likes fried chicken and watermelon.  Or that G-d (l'havdil) doesn't have a penis.

Or it could be that my ancestors were Jews (true statement) and the Jewish soul (neshama) has a way of finding its way home.

You can pick whichever you like -- I'm attracted to Judaism's tradition of theological debate, or Jewish souls magically find their way back to Judaism.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:That pic looks

Vastet wrote:
That pic looks a lot more like the results of a tornado than a hurricane, though it could be either.

I think other photographers have used similar photos of the same house -- it's definitely a Katrina photo.

I was over by the Industrial Canal levee (the Industrial Canal separates the "Upper" 9th Ward from the "Lower" 9th Ward), in what we called the "Blue House" (I'll put up a photo of it in a short bit), chatting with some other folks about weird things we'd seen (keeping in mind that 'weird' covers the range from houses on top of trucks to some very tragic devastation), and they told me about that house.  What none of us realized, until I went over to it and tried to figure out how the truck was upside down, is that the photo is of the backdoor of the house.  It had floated off its piers away from the levee (the levee is in the same direction as the frame of the picture) and the truck had flipped over.  THEN it landed on the truck.

This photo will DEFINITELY provide the missing context Eye-wink

That photo is from the West End area.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Judaism IS a religion.

Judaism IS a religion.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fascinating. The 'left' side

Fascinating. The 'left' side of the house almost appears to still be on the foundation, and I was wondering how the truck got under it. But the flood picking it up makes perfect sense. Especially with most of the shingles remaining intact.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
For what it's worth, I used

For what it's worth, I used to live near New Orleans, and Furry's version of crazy is pretty damn common down there.  It's also culturally acceptable to call yourself an engineer if you fixed your porch after a flood.

There's something about the Big Easy that draws out the crazy.  My bet is she believes most of what she's said, and some of it's true, or at least based on a true story.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Judaism IS a

Vastet wrote:
Judaism IS a religion.

Yeah, and so is Atheism and being Canadian.

Judaism is a legal code, history, traditions, nation, people, etc.  Since there is no "You have to believe in G-d or else you aren't a Jew!" law, Judaism is definitely NOT a religion.  Some of my closest Jewish friends are devout Atheists who are making sure their children are all raised Jewish.  Even if they wind up Jewish Atheists just like Mom and Dad.

Hell, Atheism is more of a religion than Judaism.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Vastet

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Judaism IS a religion.

Judaism is a legal code, history, traditions, nation, people, etc.  Since there is no "You have to believe in G-d or else you aren't a Jew!" law, Judaism is definitely NOT a religion.  Some of my closest Jewish friends are devout Atheists who are making sure their children are all raised Jewish.  Even if they wind up Jewish Atheists just like Mom and Dad.

Sounds rather Monty Python to me

"You are born a Jew and can't get away from God no matter what"

"You're a Catholic the moment Dad came"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I have no delusions that

I have no delusions that this will work...

Hey, furry... you know how some words have two meanings?  Like... "I'll set up the chessboard, using the set of pieces I got when I won a set of tennis versus Jimmy Connors."

Try this on for size...

Judaism:  The legal code, history, traditions, and cultural identity of the ethnic group known as Jews.  The act of "being Jewish."

Judaism:  The religion based on the Old Testament, practiced in various sects, such as Hasidic or Reformed Judaism.

See?  Crazy concept, don't you think?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Fascinating.

Vastet wrote:
Fascinating. The 'left' side of the house almost appears to still be on the foundation, and I was wondering how the truck got under it. But the flood picking it up makes perfect sense. Especially with most of the shingles remaining intact.

The "foundation" is actually the front porch.  Those houses don't have foundations -- their are built on top of cinder block piers, then heavy wooden beams are put on top of the piers, then floor joists go across the beams.  There were some houses that had foundations, but most of those were newer (like, built since the 1950's or 1960's) than the ones that just up and floated.

There was a piece in CNN recently about a family that evacuated into their attic, then broke through onto the roof.  Their house floated a ways down the street before coming to rest.  I have a few other "floated houses" photos.

Here's the "Blue House".  It's no longer blue, but it was blue as long as I was around.  The "White House", the one with all the rats, is on the diagonally opposite corner.  It was also called "The Women's House" for a while.  Then I did a lot of repair work on it, made it nicer than the men's house, and it just became the "White House" because men were staying in it as well.

I think that street address is 1700 Deslonde, New Orleans, LA.  If you go with Google Maps the satellite image is old enough you can see the houses all moved around by the water.  The "Google Car Photo" guy didn't make it to Deslonde, but if you go to Tennessee and N. Derbigny, then look due west, you can see where the Blue House is.  Even if it's now white.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Judaism IS a religion.

Sounds rather Monty Python to me

"You are born a Jew and can't get away from God no matter what"

"You're a Catholic the moment Dad came"

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I have

Hambydammit wrote:

I have no delusions that this will work...

Hey, furry... you know how some words have two meanings?  Like... "I'll set up the chessboard, using the set of pieces I got when I won a set of tennis versus Jimmy Connors."

Try this on for size...

Judaism:  The legal code, history, traditions, and cultural identity of the ethnic group known as Jews.  The act of "being Jewish."

Judaism:  The religion based on the Old Testament, practiced in various sects, such as Hasidic or Reformed Judaism.

See?  Crazy concept, don't you think?

Yeah, really crazy because Judaism is also practiced by Atheist Jews, Buddhist Jews, and quite a few others.

Is going to a July 4th parade a "religious" event for Americans?

And I think some of y'all are just feeling burned as I roll out photos of Katrinaland ...

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hmmm... I'm wondering...

Hmmm... I'm wondering... did I say only ethnic Jews could practice Judaism?  I'm reading... I'm reading.... It certainly doesn't appear that I said only ethnic Jews could practice Judaism.  It looks to me like I clearly noted a distinction between Judaism the ethnic identity and Judaism the religion.

To the best of my knowledge, July 4th is a celebration of America's independence.  I'm not sure why you'd mention it in a discussion of religions that also happen to have the same name as the majority of practitioners of the religion.  Seems... odd.

Books about atheism

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's a photo from over by

Here's a photo from over by the 17th Street Canal -- that's another one of the canals that broke.

If I remember correctly, the water was about 10' deep where this was taken.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:To the

Hambydammit wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, July 4th is a celebration of America's independence.  I'm not sure why you'd mention it in a discussion of religions that also happen to have the same name as the majority of practitioners of the religion.  Seems... odd.

And what would Passover be?

Owned much?

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
funny part about Buddhism,

funny part about Buddhism, it's a philosophy as well as a religion, however one can integrate the philosophy of buddhism with almost any other religious concepts, such as christianity, hinduism, judaism, islam and so many other. However being a jew, such as being born of jewish parents does not mean you have to follow any traditions, any legal parts or anything, you are simply born of jewish parents, much like being born to irish parents makes you of irish background, same goes for german, japanese, etc, etc, etc. It doesn't mean you have to believe in jewish religion, it doesn't even mean you have to believe in the traditions, it simply means you are of jewish background.

But even more so, you can believe in whatever you like, your beliefs in a god, are just like everyone one else's belief in a god, without the evidence to back it up, mean squat, it is no more real that all the other gods and goddess out there believed by so many other people.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's the graph of power

Here's the graph of power consumption based on some research I did into energy systems management.  The technology I used to produce the sharp drop in April electric consumption is the subject of a patent I filed earlier this year.

(Don't have photos of rats, and I'm not going to post my resume, so I think this is it for me and proving that Kevin R Brown is THE most dishonest AND unethical poster here.)

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Vastet

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Judaism IS a religion.

Atheism is more of a religion

Oxymoron.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:But even

latincanuck wrote:

But even more so, you can believe in whatever you like, your beliefs in a god, are just like everyone one else's belief in a god, without the evidence to back it up, mean squat, it is no more real that all the other gods and goddess out there believed by so many other people.

There is no "You must believe in G-d or else" requirement to be a Jew or practice Judaism.  Which means that if Judaism is a religion, so is Atheism and being Canadian.

Personally, I think Atheism is a religion and being Canadian isn't.

But now we're drifting WAY off topic.  Anyone care to see more pictures of Katrinaland?  I have photos of the White House with all the rats.  I even have photos of the cat I stole from the momma cat that used to bring me dead rats in the morning.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Owned much?

Passover is the celebration of a story about how the god of the Jews saved his chosen people.

Independence Day is a celebration about how colonists militarily removed their empire from land that belonged to neither of them.

One could ask you the same question about ownage.

— George Carlin

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Or ... KILLER BEES!

Only an engineering geek would take THAT photo of a bee.

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
An engineer would've gotten

An engineer would've gotten it with a better resolution...

(joking poking fun )

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Owned much?

Passover is the celebration of a story about how the god of the Jews saved his chosen people.

Independence Day is a celebration about how colonists militarily removed their empire from land that belonged to neither of them.

Right.  Jewish independence from Egypt.

And you're just jealous because we have the best holidays.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:An

v4ultingbassist wrote:

An engineer would've gotten it with a better resolution...

(joking poking fun )

You can see individual hairs on the bee as well as pollen grains.  You insulting my camera now?!?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Yeah, and so is Atheism and

"Yeah, and so is Atheism and being Canadian."

Nope.

"Judaism is a legal code, history, traditions, nation, people, etc.  Since there is no "You have to believe in G-d or else you aren't a Jew!" law, Judaism is definitely NOT a religion.  Some of my closest Jewish friends are devout Atheists who are making sure their children are all raised Jewish.  Even if they wind up Jewish Atheists just like Mom and Dad."

Incorrect. Judaism is a religion. There are people who call themselves jews who are not religious, but it is still a religion by definition. The only reason said people get away with it is because it is ALSO an ethnicity. Christianity won't cease to be a religion if it converts to a more cultural approach either.

"Hell, Atheism is more of a religion than Judaism."

By definition, that is quite impossible, and you're merely proving my previous point.

Btw, thanks for the info on Katrina. I didn't put much thought one way or the other as to your involvement, but it is interesting all the same.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Owned much?

Right.  Jewish independence from Egypt.

And you're just jealous because we have the best holidays.

1. I do like how you conveniently skip the involvement of your god in your celebration. You can't make stories of divine intervention non-religious but thanks for playing.

2. The Hebrews had no land that was being occupied by the Egyptian military.

Outside of that, the celebrations are exactly the same.

The only thing that I might have been jealous of when I was younger was that you and the Catholics got s may holidays it really wasn't worth you bothering with school - no wonder you all kept religion.

— George Carlin

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"Yeah, and so

Vastet wrote:
"Yeah, and so is Atheism and being Canadian." Nope. "Judaism is a legal code, history, traditions, nation, people, etc.  Since there is no "You have to believe in G-d or else you aren't a Jew!" law, Judaism is definitely NOT a religion.  Some of my closest Jewish friends are devout Atheists who are making sure their children are all raised Jewish.  Even if they wind up Jewish Atheists just like Mom and Dad." Incorrect. Judaism is a religion. There are people who call themselves jews who are not religious, but it is still a religion by definition. The only reason said people get away with it is because it is ALSO an ethnicity. Christianity won't cease to be a religion if it converts to a more cultural approach either. "Hell, Atheism is more of a religion than Judaism." By definition, that is quite impossible, and you're merely proving my previous point. Btw, thanks for the info on Katrina. I didn't put much thought one way or the other as to your involvement, but it is interesting all the same.

"Judaism" is a "religion" because there are aspects of it that "look" like a religion.  Notice I said ASPECTS.  But if you looked at those ASPECTS you'll find the same types of ASPECTS in other groups which are clearly not religious groups.  The key difference that makes it "not a religion" is that participation in the things that makes one a member of other religions is not sufficient.  First and foremost in being a "Jew" is being a part of the "Jewish People".  Since "citizenship" is both necessary and sufficient, anything else that comes afterward has nothing to do with BEING a Jew.  You, personally, could do all the rituals, have all the beliefs, read all the books, eat all the food, and if you're not a part of the "Jewish People" -- nope, not a Jew.  And even if you did them way more Orthodox than me, still definitely not a Jew.  Or more specifically, doing the Jewish "religion" is neither necessary NOR sufficient, so the Jewish "religion" is not a defining characteristic.  QED, Judaism is not a religion.

As for Katrina, I can tell some great stories.  The rats aren't the most interesting of the bunch, though watching cats hunt rats was a great source of entertainment when we had no electricity and couldn't watch TV.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"Yeah, and so

(Duplicate post because the Interwebs has clogged tubes.)

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:1. I do like

jcgadfly wrote:

1. I do like how you conveniently skip the involvement of your god in your celebration. You can't make stories of divine intervention non-religious but thanks for playing.

Watch "The Exodus Decoded".

jcgadfly wrote:

Neither did the colonists.  The British colonies were sovereign British territory.

Quote:

The only thing that I might have been jealous of when I was younger was that you and the Catholics got s may holidays it really wasn't worth you bothering with school - no wonder you all kept religion.

Yeah, that's why I ran off and changed religions.

But -- that's off topic!

I want to discuss FurryCatHerder and how unethical she is!!!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder

FurryCatHerder wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Watch "The Exodus Decoded".

jcgadfly wrote:

Quote:

Neither did the colonists.  The British colonies were sovereign British territory.

Yeah, that's why I ran off and changed religions.

But -- that's off topic!

I want to discuss FurryCatHerder and how unethical she is!!!

I would discuss your ethics but I'd have to give a damn first.

I will check out the title you suggested.

Your colonial comparison would work if the Brits brought all of the colonists to Britain. The Hebrews were in Egypt - there were no Hebrew lands until they ousted the Canaanites. If you wanted to compare it more closely, it would be more like what the Americans did to the aboriginal peoples of what is now the US.

You were the one who claimed I was jealous because you had all the good holidays. All I said was that a good portion of the people I knew used their religion to get out of school more than any religious devotion.

— George Carlin

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Your colonial

jcgadfly wrote:

Your colonial comparison would work if the Brits brought all of the colonists to Britain. The Hebrews were in Egypt - there were no Hebrew lands until they ousted the Canaanites. If you wanted to compare it more closely, it would be more like what the Americans did to the aboriginal peoples of what is now the US.

The "Hebrews" were from Canaan.

jcgadfly wrote:

You were the one who claimed I was jealous because you had all the good holidays. All I said was that a good portion of the people I knew used their religion to get out of school more than any religious devotion.

And your point is?

Have you ever raised a teenager?  My guess is "No".

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:And what would

Quote:

Owned much?

You are incredibly stupid.  I seldom say that without explanation, but explanation wouldn't help.  You're too stupid.

Books about atheism

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Owned much?

You are incredibly stupid.  I seldom say that without explanation, but explanation wouldn't help.  You're too stupid.

Perhaps if you used really small words?  Like "the" and "a" and "an"?

Passover marks the establishment of the Jewish People.  Sort of like the American Revolution.

Do I need to define "establishment"?  It's like "to be".  Or in small words "Now We Be".