Another analogy of the immorality of the flood motif in the bible.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another analogy of the immorality of the flood motif in the bible.

You always get the bullshit cop out, "God can do what he wants"

ALONG WITH

It's mans fault.

Lets go with that model for argument's sake only.

I doubt that Christians would dare claim that babies and children didn't exist outside the Noah family, even if they believe this horrible fairy tale.

Now, what if I was a lifeguard at a swimming pool. Lets say the parent is there but neglectful and not watching the kid. The kid falls into the pool without any flotation device and doesn't know how to swim, and I allowed the kid to drowned. What would people think of a lifeguard that said, "I didn't force the parent to be neglectful. I didn't build the pool"

Please tell me, if this claimed being has a beef with humans, at the time of the flood, what would a baby or 3 year old deserve for an all powerful being to allow that kind of "collateral damage" when he has it within his "limitless power" to be more selective?

"God can do what he wants" would make him a monster. Much like a lifeguard who would blame a parent for their kid drowned at the pool knowing they could pluck the kid out? Why wouldn't you save the kid despite what you might think of the parent?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are you trying to suggest

Are you trying to suggest that the flood story doesn't even make sense within their own doctrine?

You actually trying to accuse the Bible of being inconsistent or contradictory?

HOW DARE YOU TRY AND RUB THEIR FACE IN THEIR OWN STUPIDITY! YOU MEANIE!

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Please tell

Brian37 wrote:

Please tell me, if this claimed being has a beef with humans, at the time of the flood, what would a baby or 3 year old deserve for an all powerful being to allow that kind of "collateral damage" when he has it within his "limitless power" to be more selective?

"God can do what he wants" would make him a monster. Much like a lifeguard who would blame a parent for their kid drowned at the pool knowing they could pluck the kid out? Why wouldn't you save the kid despite what you might think of the parent? 

Brian, you know perfectly well the babies were tainted by evil and sin because of contact with those who were sinning against the god. The god was very clear that he had made a mistake by creating man and beast. Clearly the only solution was to wipe out every trace of his error, how would it look to the other gods if they realized Yahweh had fucked up? He'd lose face or at the very least his place at the head of the table in the hall of gods.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, remember that this was

Well, remember that this was just a short time after Sodom and Gomorah. I guess that the almighty found out that killing innocent babies is like eating potato chips: Once you have had one, you can't stop until the whole bag is gone...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well, remember that this was just a short time after Sodom and Gomorah. I guess that the almighty found out that killing innocent babies is like eating potato chips: Once you have had one, you can't stop until the whole bag is gone...

You're confused, Sodom and Gomorah happened supposedly during Abe's life, years or perhaps minutes later in the mind of the fantasy writer of Genesis.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Are you

BobSpence1 wrote:

Are you trying to suggest that the flood story doesn't even make sense within their own doctrine?

You actually trying to accuse the Bible of being inconsistent or contradictory?

HOW DARE YOU TRY AND RUB THEIR FACE IN THEIR OWN STUPIDITY! YOU MEANIE!

Damn right! And Australians are the worst! How the fuck you think you can piss upside down without some magical Koala bear's help amazes me. YOU ARE UPSIDE DOWN!

"Gotta fly Quantas. Judge Wapner comes on at 3. Gotta buy my underwear at K-Mart"

You don't get it do you? Delusions rule!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog