Back from the dead

marthasplatterhead
User is offlineOffline
Back from the dead

Hi everyone,

I used to be a regular on here and even had mod rights about 2 years ago. After moving to Vermont, I needed to put down the computer and get out in the real world and meet some live friends. I am pretty settled now and thought to myself I should get back involved in this online community because I remember how nice it once was.

Anyway, hi again!!!

Do things happen to other people, or am I the chosen one? -Me (Bukowski said it first, apparently)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back.  You been

Welcome back.  You been well?  Not with Rayman anymore? 

What happened to your old account?  Did you delete it?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back!

Welcome back! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

marthasplatterhead
User is offlineOffline
I've been doing really well.

I've been doing really well. Yeah, we didn't work out. I had to call it quits after a LOT of crazy shit happened...

How about you? You and Kelly still together?

I was forced to delete my old account. Whew! Here's to thinking for yourself, eh? It's been almost a year and a half since I escaped that mind fuck I put myself in. I still fear him in some ways. I don't want to say it, but you were right all along (deep down I knew it then, but he was very controlling and abusive to me). I am trying to be careful of what I put on this public forum even now. I want to slap that girl (me) that let that happen.

Hopefully, I can begin all over again on here fresh.

I am currently attending college and looking to get into the human services field. I've made lots of good friends out here so I don't spend much time on the computer except to do homework. I feel like it's been an eternity since I've been on this forum. I've heard different things good and bad about the direction RRS has taken but I decided to come back and have my own opinion. I mean what I liked about it in the first place was that it wasn't that well known (before the "war on christmas" and "blasphemy challenge&quotEye-wink but it was just a group of people that I felt comfortable around simply because I'm an open-minded skeptic, too.  It felt healthy coming here and escaping the reality that is the world around you.

Do things happen to other people, or am I the chosen one? -Me (Bukowski said it first, apparently)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
marthasplatterhead

marthasplatterhead wrote:

I've been doing really well. Yeah, we didn't work out. I had to call it quits after a LOT of crazy shit happened...

How about you? You and Kelly still together?

Sorry to hear that didn't work out, and you went through "crazy."  Kelly and I aren't together, no.  We tried to make it work but it was a no go.   We're currently communicating ammicably a few times a week. 

Quote:
I was forced to delete my old account. Whew! Here's to thinking for yourself, eh? It's been almost a year and a half since I escaped that mind fuck I put myself in. I still fear him in some ways. I don't want to say it, but you were right all along (deep down I knew it then, but he was very controlling and abusive to me). I am trying to be careful of what I put on this public forum even now. I want to slap that girl (me) that let that happen.

Sorry you have to say those words.  I remember when you disappeared all of us were hoping for the best for you. 

Quote:

Hopefully, I can begin all over again on here fresh.

Deal.

Quote:
I've heard different things good and bad about the direction RRS has taken but I decided to come back and have my own opinion.

Oh yes, tons of "opinions" out there about RRS, most of them are full of shit, glad you decided to form your own opinion.  You'll find it to be just like the place you fell in love with the first time.  

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back I always

Welcome back Smiling I always wondered what happened to the person who had the second best taste in music (after me, ofc) on the forum.

marthasplatterhead
User is offlineOffline
hehe THank you

hehe THank you Smiling

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
MARTHA!!!!Welcome

MARTHA!!!!

Welcome back~~~~

Glad to hear things are getting better, sounds like you are loads happier

Hope you stick around for awhile!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh hello.Don't know who you

Oh hello.

Don't know who you are since I wasn't on this forum yet two years ago, but welcome back!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone Else in New England?

Hey, Martha - welcome back to the boards, but I think you left before I ever got involved with RRS.  I'm just excited to see someone else in the Northeast is posting on the boards.  If it's not too much to ask, what part of VT do you call home?  I'm in Massachusetts, but I'm two towns away from Richmond, NH if I travel north - to give you an idea.

Other than Yellow being up here for work, I don't know of anyone else on the boards in New England.  Just amused, methinks.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

marthasplatterhead
User is offlineOffline
Family_Guy wrote:Hey, Martha

Family_Guy wrote:

Hey, Martha - welcome back to the boards, but I think you left before I ever got involved with RRS.  I'm just excited to see someone else in the Northeast is posting on the boards.  If it's not too much to ask, what part of VT do you call home?  I'm in Massachusetts, but I'm two towns away from Richmond, NH if I travel north - to give you an idea.

Other than Yellow being up here for work, I don't know of anyone else on the boards in New England.  Just amused, methinks.

I'm in Burlington. The City of Queens! I love it here. It took a while getting used to since I came from the west about 2 years ago, but it's a pretty open-minded town. People have a "live and let live" attitude so I don't face the same passive aggressive behavior I felt out in Oregon. There's actually a lot of atheists here. But that said there's also a lot of everything here. I happen to have made friends with lots of Catholics but suprisingly enough they could care less what I believe.  Even though there are a lot of churches here, religion just seems to be something one keeps to themself. I can live with that.

What's up with the snow this year? We've only gotten hit once and it's already melted. How about there?

marthasplatterhead
User is offlineOffline
I almost forgot to return

I almost forgot to return hellos to Vastet and Renee! Hi you guys. How the heck have you been Renee? Smiling

Hi butterbattle. Cute name. Sounds like a messy time.