Atheism is a Fraud

Big E
Big E's picture
User is offlineOffline

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Wow, someone who woefully

Wow, someone who woefully misunderstands atheism, religion and government.

And that was just in the first two paragraphs.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol. When physical education

lol. When physical education teachers try to be scientists and philosophers, tonight at 11. Laughing out loud

P.S. No offence intended to Big E, just an observation on the 'coach'.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Big E
Big E's picture
User is offlineOffline
The reason I posted this was

The reason I posted this was because somebody posted this in another place I frequent and did so in all seriousness. I gritted my teeth reading it. Now I have to argue why this whole thing is filled with BS. I mean, how can you be wrong about absolutely everything? Not to mention flat out lie. ( I don't want an answer to the first question from the lot of you) lol

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great Grotty Grue, that man

Great Grotty Grue, that man is made of 100% pure American ignorance, and proud of it. And, he's from Ohio.

Sure, we had a fairly cool summer. But today is also the first day it's snowed here in Cleveland. (Wait -- I think there were a few flakes last week, too.) Normally, we should be up to our asses in snow right now, but it's in the low 40s today.

I like how he larned all about theories and hypothesis. That makes him a philosopher of science, I reckon. So Darwinism isn't a fact, and creationism would be a science, if only scientists studied it.

Thanks, Big E. My faith in humanity hasn't been that great lately anyway. This sure ain't helping.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Big E
Big E's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Thanks,

nigelTheBold wrote:

Thanks, Big E. My faith in humanity hasn't been that great lately anyway. This sure ain't helping.

Muh bad...but I didn't want to feel alone.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I like how that dipstick

I like how that dipstick posted:

Quote:
I did a project on it in high school Biology and, if I remember correctly, I fudged the facts a bit to make the crisis seem worse.

Well he's still fudging the facts... but it's good to know he comes from a dishonest background, and had no understanding how to utilize science in a fair manner.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
PE teacher wrote: Theories

PE teacher wrote:
Theories are neither good nor bad. They are merely a starting point for an idea. The job of “Science” should be to study the theories, not promote them. If global warming and her sibling macro-evolution (origins) were proven they would no longer be ‘theories.” Why don’t “scientists” promote the theory of gravity? They don’t have to because truth speaks for itself..

The stupid........it burns.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Parallel
Parallel's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Internet: With the power

The Internet: With the power to grant exposure even to those who have the IQ of a bag of hair.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
How depressing.  

How depressing.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
For fucks sake, first

For fucks sake, first sentence: ''Atheism is the established religion in America.''

Say what now?

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHKJDKJDKJKJGGJOJGODLNLDNJPQFKPGJEDJGELGELG!!!!!!11!!!!

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
What a funster he is

"Atheism is the established religion in America. Humanism, Environmentalism, Darwinism, Materialism, and Global Warming are examples of its denominations."

Isn't it interesting how christianity needs to occupy the woe-me ground? And it's hilarious the way your classic theist numbat ties all this stuff together.

I can't say it without a mental grimace but until there's no fucking ice left in the Antarctic these goons simply not will not believe in global warming.

I've called for my celestial mayflower before and after reading this I need it again. I need to get off this stupid planet urgently.

P.S. I reckon this bloke should take my mother out on a date. They have soooooo much in common...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Parallel
Parallel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Racism is fun isn't it?

Racism is fun isn't it?

EDIT:

Bloody hell, I read it again; now my whole face melted off. I bet they put some prayers on that article to eliminate all evil readers.

Or it's just a matter of this;

"I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them." ~Galileo Galilei

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm sorry, i just can't

i'm sorry, i just can't finish this.  i gave up after he said "a theory is an hypothesis."  ("AN hypothesis"?  seriously?  wtf, is this guy an edwardian english nobleman?)  this statement really makes me doubt he ever had a high school science course, contrary to his statement.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

WisdomVendor
WisdomVendor's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Parallel,I needed a

Thanks Parallel,

I needed a good laugh.

And face-palm did it  Smiling

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read it all. And

I read it all.

And really... pardon me for saying so... but shit like this makes me think that America deserves all that's coming to her.

I know there are good people too, but you really gotta do what the bad people say: GTFO.

The shithouse WILL go up in flames. (Not literally, of course, more like the flatulent sigh of a dying old man.)

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would call that a steamy

I would call that a steamy pile of shit, but that would be insulting steamy piles of shit.

Oh big E, you of all people who served in our military should know it is your place to pay taxes, risk your life and play Uncle Tom and say "yessem massa" and sit quietly at the back of the bus. Now be a good kitten barbecue'r and don't pick on the zombiegod fans.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:I read it

Marquis wrote:

I read it all.

And really... pardon me for saying so... but shit like this makes me think that America deserves all that's coming to her.

I know there are good people too, but you really gotta do what the bad people say: GTFO.

The shithouse WILL go up in flames. (Not literally, of course, more like the flatulent sigh of a dying old man.)

Sooo... anyone living in Canada or Mexico willing to put me and my dog up in case we have to flee the country?  I ask this in quasi-sincerity because even if nothing serious goes down, it's good to have an exit strategy.

JonathanBC
User is offlineOffline
I think this guy has been

I think this guy has been blasted and laughed at on all the obvious fronts, so I'd like to point out something else kind of funny. He links to a dictionary definition which, I'm sure, contains what he quoted. I haven't checked, I'm giving him that as a token of good will. But I happen to have the latest version of the OED which I consider the authoritative English language dictionary. So I checked it.

Yes, "ism" is a word by itself. But the separate listing, as a suffix, is "...to act like, do after the manner of, practise the habits, customs, or language of, side with or adhere to the party of, those people." Therefore, if he wants to throw definitions out there, the Oxford English Dictionary would say theists are acting like God, not atheists.

Cheap shot? Yes. But he isn't nearly intelligent enough to hold an intellectual conversation, so I started with that.

Come to think about it, I can convince myself to finish with another cheap shot. I wonder what he thinks about patriotism. Or racism. Personally, I think he could use some realism.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh he's a deep thinker, that

Oh he's a deep thinker, that one is...

LogicalThinker
LogicalThinker's picture
User is offlineOffline
God prefers athiests? Wow,

God prefers athiests? Wow, that isnt the most contradictory statement ive ever seen. Athiest's goal is to eliminate the theory of God its self, hence 'killing' God and yet sence we have more rational reasoning skills in life situations God likes us better. But of course it was just a comic strip...next time, try picking statements that are more efective.

Gods are very fragile things; they can be broken with just the tinniest whiff of science or a small dose of logic...

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that would be a great

Wow, that would be a great satire.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I have to ask, has anyone

I have to ask, has anyone confirmed that this is serious? It seems much more likely to me that this was written by an atheist who is trying to make a parody of arguments some misinformed Christians use.

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
Whatthedeuce wrote: I have

Whatthedeuce wrote:

I have to ask, has anyone confirmed that this is serious? It seems much more likely to me that this was written by an atheist who is trying to make a parody of arguments some misinformed Christians use.

I just looked him up on Facebook, and went through like 20 of his friends... they're all hardcore Christians/evolution deniers/homophobes/ect.  Amazingly, this man's stupidity seems to be legitimate (unless he is just SO good that he has duped all these Christians into buying it).

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
Ok, this dude is legit.  He

Ok, this dude is legit.  He once lost a lawsuit for praying with his football team....

Pillowpants
atheist
Pillowpants's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I barely got through the

I barely got through the first sentence.

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
I read it all; it wasn't

I read it all; it wasn't anywhere nearly as bad as I expected.

He's so ignorant of science that it's not likely anybody who already isn't more ignorant than he is will take him seriously, and he didn't really say much.

Climatologists might be offended, though, since he credited all of their work to Biologists.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoa... whoa

I could hardly get through the first couple of paragraphs. The level of science illiteracy is so stunning in this one. It just amazes me that the guy is still alive, and hasn't been awarded a Darwin award yet. WOW! 

Marquis wrote:

I personally feel that if all the good rational people with the wealth to leave get going, what happens to those not lucky enough or privileged to GTFO. I feel it is my responsibility to fight for my ideals where ever I am, and that includes my home.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!