Creationists: Explain Evolution

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Creationists: Explain Evolution

I have found that many times, when a creationist makes an argument against evolution, it seems that they have no understanding of evolution, whatsoever. I've never had a creationist follow up explaining that they, in fact, do understand evolution. For this reason I don't think its fair to keep badgering them and claim that all creationists don't understand evolution.

I am asking creationists to explain evolution, whether or not you believe it in doesn't matter. Just explain it and prove to me that creationists aren't simply ignoramuses.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry to do this eX but I have to slot in

your argument against evolution as a case in point in support of Stosis' interesting post.

"As a Christian who denies that humans came from a lower life form, I don't see anything as ever validating Darwinism... because it never happened.

For fossils and mutations to be evidence for Darwinism you have to presume that Darwinism is true, otherwise you just have bones in the dirt."

eXnihilo.

There you are folks. Pesky evolutionary theory crushed by assertion it never happened...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Parallel
Parallel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well I think I saw this

Well I think I saw this video on here before but here we go again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9IPoAdct8

"I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them." ~Galileo Galilei

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Speaking as an ex-fundie I

Speaking as an ex-fundie I can say that I would have flat out said absolutely nothing about evolution was true and that would be it. If I had to explain evolution back then I would have said the belief that we all came from monkeys No really,., I swear to FSM I once said " If humans came from monkeys why are there still monkeys"

I also said " If evolution was true, people wouldn't be born they would just grow from monkeys'

In my defense I was only about 13 at the time, but I still believed evolution was a lie for years after that.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Speaking as an

Loc wrote:

Speaking as an ex-fundie I can say that I would have flat out said absolutely nothing about evolution was true and that would be it. If I had to explain evolution back then I would have said the belief that we all came from monkeys No really,., I swear to FSM I once said " If humans came from monkeys why are there still monkeys"

I also said " If evolution was true, people wouldn't be born they would just grow from monkeys'

In my defense I was only about 13 at the time, but I still believed evolution was a lie for years after that.

lol i myself but i never spoke to any atheist 

i came this this position thru learning because i have a passion for knowledge 

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
So, no takers? Also, lol at

So, no takers?

Also, lol at the humans growing from monkeys.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well - argue with my christian brother

Here he demands I supply myriad intermediate forms:

"Why don't you  and i buy a proper science text that deals with the gaps between the living species and the fossil ones and we can see then.

the entire fossil record does not support evolutionary theory if there should be hundreds no thousands of obvious intermediate forms leading inexorably to the next thing in line.

anyway, unless the theory only worked in the past it should still be working shouldn't it?  is that agreed?

and if it is not as there do not appear to be too many intermediate forms living as opposed to thousands, did it ever?"

King of Tithing

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

fishpaste (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I'm pretty sure francis

I'm pretty sure francis collins could explain evolution much better then you can.

Then again, perhaps you mean young earth creationists.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
fishpaste wrote:I'm pretty

fishpaste wrote:
I'm pretty sure francis collins could explain evolution much better then you can.

Lol, of course.

We're asking 'Creationists' to explain evolution. As in, the people that don't accept the theory of evolution and think that God made all organisms instantly with all of their present characteristics. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare