Jake Sent Me!

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jake Sent Me!

Hello everybody!

I've been a member of Atheist Network for 6-and-something years. Jake asked us to support Brian, so here I am.

Your smileys are way better...

"TRBB - Changing the attitude of the forums one thread at a time." - KSti

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Welcome!

Vastet wrote:
Welcome! :D

Gaming God, eh? Interesting...

What sort(s)?

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Hi.

butterbattle wrote:

Yo. Thanks, uh, birdie. Smiling

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Qualinesta wrote:Vastet

Qualinesta wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Welcome! :D

Gaming God, eh? Interesting...

What sort(s)?

Usually focus on RPG's, Strategy, Action/Adventure, and the old school Platformers. Occasionally Sports and Puzzle games. Sadly a tight budget has always forced me to restrict the number of games I can get my hands on, but I'll try anything once.
Currently playing a lot of GTA4 & Ghostbusters online, waiting for FFXIII, and scrounging enough to get The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition.

I'm using a PS3 to post this. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi!

Hi! Laughing out loud

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Hey thanks for coming by.

Hey thanks for coming by.  Sort of odd to get a comment that applauds this forum software over phpbb (which has always been my favorite).  

Anyway, enjoy the surroundings.    

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Any friend of Jake is a

Any friend of Jake is a friend of mine.  Welcome!

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hi Qual~Good to see you

Hi Qual~

Good to see you over here  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

hi Laughing out loud

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
jake welcomes you

through me.

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Back...

He sort of sent me this time too, but now it's not in a good way...

Hello again everyone.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi qual

Hi qual

TRBB
atheist
TRBB's picture
User is offlineOffline
OMGWIT! Qual! 

OMGWIT! Qual!

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Qualinesta wrote:He sort of

Qualinesta wrote:

Hello again everyone.

Oh boy, drama!

I remember reading your stuff over on that forum years ago, before I knew RSS existed.  Hope all is well!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Oh, I see Jake's shutting it

Oh, I see Jake's shutting it down, that sucks.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh hai again!

Oh hai again!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Qualinesta wrote:He sort of

Qualinesta wrote:

Hello again everyone.

welcome

see you again in a few years I guess.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline
A new again home for me too

A new again home for me too Qual.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Abandoned_Mind wrote:

I'd like to welcome  both of you to the site, post early and often.  But don't ask for bail money; your on your own.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
To quote Obe Wan in the

To quote Obe Wan in the original Star Wars,

Quote:
You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villiany

Well, what did you expect, Brian Sapient doesn't validate parking.

(Note to self, did I think this, or type it?)

Just being silly, welcome.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awesome.welcome...back?  sw

Awesome.

welcome...back?

sweet.

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well...

I may not post much until the AN is completely kaput. After that I don't really have any place to go so it may as well be here.

FB is blocked at work and I so need a place to 'get away' during work days.

Thanks for the welcomes. Again.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well there's also the

Well there's also the rationalskepticism.org site, but it's rather super busy. It's the dawkins forums reincarnated after Dawkins shut down his forums in favor of articles/comments style. I believe Rob thought of it as overly moderated when he ventured in there, and I agree. Which is why I rarely(if at all) post there.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin

Ciarin wrote:

Well there's also the rationalskepticism.org site, but it's rather super busy. It's the dawkins forums reincarnated after Dawkins shut down his forums in favor of articles/comments style. I believe Rob thought of it as overly moderated when he ventured in there, and I agree. Which is why I rarely(if at all) post there.

Was that your lovely voice I heard on The atheist experience discussing fyrnsidu?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Well there's

Ciarin wrote:

That really bugged me that Dawkins shut it down. I think he didn't understand that not everyone sits in a library at Oxford and sips tea and uses words like Ol Chap and Cheerio. And if you are going to sell books, OR BE IN BUSINESS in any case, social networking is a must today.

I don't like over moderated websites either. I think rules should be limited to, no spamming, no soc puppets, and no threats of physical violence(illegal in any case). Other than that, it is within human nature, ON ALL SIDES, to say things the other may not like. Trying to force people to like each other is absurd. The best we as humans can agree on, is to leave it at words.

I like this website because it shows far more patience than most for the most vile crap theists spew and does allow for dissent and disagreement.

And yes, we love having chewtoys like you to play with. If it makes you feel any better, my co-workers gang up on me all the time. You think I am relentless here, my co-workers tease me to no end.

AND if it makes you feel any better, when I went to the 07 convention, in meeting Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris and Dennet, I acted like a flustered Elvis fan throwing my panties at them. I got so tongue tied (star struck).

When I saw Dakwins in the hotel, he was going downstairs while I was walking up, I spotted him and excitedly said, "You're you you......." And he bent down to look at my event badge to make sure I had a valid pass as if to think, "SOMEONE CALL SECURITY"

When I met Sam Harris, I was getting his autograph and all I could think to say was, "I liked your book", and he looked at me puzzled because I wasn't having a book signed, must have been thinking, "Thats nice you liked my book, BUT WHICH ONE DIP SHIT'

Then I spotted Hitchens sitting outside sitting at a table and stumbled over my words asking for his autograph and I didn't have a pen, and he gave me a look, "Hey dip shit, come prepared"

But the worst, because I didn't know who he was at the time, was when I met a couple at the bus station bragging about the autographs I got and the guy said, "Do you want my autograph?"

And I said, "Why would I want your autograph?" Right as I said that, I looked down at his badge and it said, "Guest Speaker" DANIAL DENNET!

In all seriousnes I may ride you about your claims, or Cap or any theist here. And I DO take debate seriously, but in the end we are all humans and individuals. And even I fart and pee and do stupid shit from time to time.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Ciarin

Jeffrick wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Was that your lovely voice I heard on The atheist experience discussing fyrnsidu?

Yep.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Ciarin

Brian37 wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

That really bugged me that Dawkins shut it down. I think he didn't understand that not everyone sits in a library at Oxford and sips tea and uses words like Ol Chap and Cheerio. And if you are going to sell books, OR BE IN BUSINESS in any case, social networking is a must today.

I don't like over moderated websites either. I think rules should be limited to, no spamming, no soc puppets, and no threats of physical violence(illegal in any case). Other than that, it is within human nature, ON ALL SIDES, to say things the other may not like. Trying to force people to like each other is absurd. The best we as humans can agree on, is to leave it at words.

I like this website because it shows far more patience than most for the most vile crap theists spew and does allow for dissent and disagreement.

And yes, we love having chewtoys like you to play with. If it makes you feel any better, my co-workers gang up on me all the time. You think I am relentless here, my co-workers tease me to no end.

AND if it makes you feel any better, when I went to the 07 convention, in meeting Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris and Dennet, I acted like a flustered Elvis fan throwing my panties at them. I got so tongue tied (star struck).

When I saw Dakwins in the hotel, he was going downstairs while I was walking up, I spotted him and excitedly said, "You're you you......." And he bent down to look at my event badge to make sure I had a valid pass as if to think, "SOMEONE CALL SECURITY"

When I met Sam Harris, I was getting his autograph and all I could think to say was, "I liked your book", and he looked at me puzzled because I wasn't having a book signed, must have been thinking, "Thats nice you liked my book, BUT WHICH ONE DIP SHIT'

Then I spotted Hitchens sitting outside sitting at a table and stumbled over my words asking for his autograph and I didn't have a pen, and he gave me a look, "Hey dip shit, come prepared"

But the worst, because I didn't know who he was at the time, was when I met a couple at the bus station bragging about the autographs I got and the guy said, "Do you want my autograph?"

And I said, "Why would I want your autograph?" Right as I said that, I looked down at his badge and it said, "Guest Speaker" DANIAL DENNET!

In all seriousnes I may ride you about your claims, or Cap or any theist here. And I DO take debate seriously, but in the end we are all humans and individuals. And even I fart and pee and do stupid shit from time to time.

None of those things make me feel better. Some starbucks would though, how's about a venti Ice white mocha?

I'm trying to remember who you are btw. I don't recall you being relentless or chewing on me like a toy.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Brian37

Ciarin wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

None of those things make me feel better. Some starbucks would though, how's about a venti Ice white mocha?

I'm trying to remember who you are btw. I don't recall you being relentless or chewing on me like a toy.

Well, I guess I am a legend in my own mind. But, considering you have "theist" under your title, I warn you ahead of time, if you debate me, I do and will, pull out my fangs on your claims.

I may hate what people claim, but I do have the capability of separating the person, from the claim they make on a particular subject. I can like a person without liking everything they say.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 It's sad that Jake wants

It's sad that Jake wants to shut down the AN.  Here is the thread if anyone is curious: http://atheistnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30945

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: It's sad

Sapient wrote:

It's sad that Jake wants to shut down the AN.  Here is the thread if anyone is curious: http://atheistnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30945

Yep. I thought as long as we kept the server fees paid he'd let us go on forever.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: It's sad

Sapient wrote:

We owe Jake. That was the first website I joined. And that was right after 9/11. At first, because of the stupid fear society bombarded me with about atheists being bad, I briefly thought, "what am I getting myself involved in". But it took mere days to get over that.

A bit of history for those who don't know. Jake and Infidel Guy started the Atheist Network in the late 90s. Infidel Guy's website came later, and Brian Sapient started this as a result of being involved in the other two.

And although famous atheists wrote books prior to all this, I do think that ALL these websites set the mood in the atheist community for people like Dawkins and Harris and Hitchens to go beyond popularity in the community and become part of the mainstreem fabric of society.

ALL these websites have made it harder for the theistic majority to bully or demonize us. They all provide us a haven to communicate in a sea of theism.

Even if this is the end of the AN, I am quite sure Jake is not giving up the fight and because of him, there are far more people now open and unafraid.

If I had to write a book of the history of atheists, the Atheist Network would be a key part of our history.

Thank you Jake for everything you have done.

This isn't the end, this is just one block of the beginning.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Ciarin

Jeffrick wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

What episode?

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
TRBB wrote:OMGWIT! Qual!

TRBB wrote:
OMGWIT! Qual!

Fancy meeting you here... Eye-wink

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abandoned_Mind wrote:A new

Abandoned_Mind wrote:

We should be happy just to have a home in this economy, eh AM?

Have a beer 'n' a smoke for me!

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Hi qual    

Ciarin wrote:
Hi qual

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

What episode?

Yesturdays,  March 20.  I believe #701, and she calls herself  Anna from Memphis.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nashville, not memphis.

Nashville, not memphis.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Well, I guess

Brian37 wrote:

Well, I guess I am a legend in my own mind. But, considering you have "theist" under your title, I warn you ahead of time, if you debate me, I do and will, pull out my fangs on your claims.

I may hate what people claim, but I do have the capability of separating the person, from the claim they make on a particular subject. I can like a person without liking everything they say.

I doubt your fangs are anything to worry about. I think I already debated you and it was rather boring if I recall correctly.

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin, we're staying

Ciarin, we're staying overnight in Nashville Saturday, 4/02 if you want to meet up for a Grog or something...

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:mellestad

Jeffrick wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

What episode?

Yesturdays,  March 20.  I believe #701, and she calls herself  Anna from Memphis.

Awesome, thanks.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Qualinesta wrote:Ciarin,

Qualinesta wrote:

Ciarin, we're staying overnight in Nashville Saturday, 4/02 if you want to meet up for a Grog or something...

What hotel are you staying at?

Also @brian: http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/16931

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Red Roof.

Red Roof.

Edit: The one near the airport.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should stay at Super 8

You should stay at Super 8 instead. It's across the street from Red Roof, and it has an indoor heated pool and jacuzzi. Plus I work there.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:Brian37

Ciarin wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I doubt your fangs are anything to worry about. I think I already debated you and it was rather boring if I recall correctly.

No, my "fangs" are nothing for anyone to worry about. But"boring" is a point of view thing. Ok. I find golf boring. I find WWE boring. So?

So if we both agree that my fangs are nothing to worry about, adding "boring" as a comment about another thread having nothing to do with this one seems a bit superfluous, unless it was meant as a subtle dig.

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts. People have different tastes. Thanks for the news flash.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Jeffrick

mellestad wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

What episode?

Awesome, thanks.

Man, Matt needs to be involved in every episode.  Or Tracie.

Qualinesta
atheist
Qualinesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:You should stay

Ciarin wrote:

You should stay at Super 8 instead. It's across the street from Red Roof, and it has an indoor heated pool and jacuzzi. Plus I work there.

No shit? Small world.

We stay at Red Roof for the points, but they're pretty cheap. Nashville is the most expensive I've seen so far at $64.72 out the door for a Superior King, 2 adults 1 kid.

Can you get us a deal?

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Ciarin

Brian37 wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

No, my "fangs" are nothing for anyone to worry about. But"boring" is a point of view thing. Ok. I find golf boring. I find WWE boring. So?

So if we both agree that my fangs are nothing to worry about, adding "boring" as a comment about another thread having nothing to do with this one seems a bit superfluous, unless it was meant as a subtle dig.

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts. People have different tastes. Thanks for the news flash.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only who thought your one on one debate was pointless. Did you find it interesting? And I agree this has nothing to do with qual's intro, so it's curious why you felt the need to bring up your "awesome pwn skillz" and "fangs" in the first place.

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Qualinesta wrote:Ciarin

Qualinesta wrote:

Ciarin wrote:

No shit? Small world.

We stay at Red Roof for the points, but they're pretty cheap. Nashville is the most expensive I've seen so far at $64.72 out the door for a Superior King, 2 adults 1 kid.

Can you get us a deal?

I could do it for $45 plus tax.