Ray Comfort is a Plagiarist

Switch89
User is offlineOffline

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Can I repost some of that

Can I repost some of that with a link to your site on http://wotmwatchdog.rationalresponders.com

Also... do you have more?  And can you confirm he didn't give Stan Guffey credit anywhere in the book?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well well well. I'm eager to

Well well well. I'm eager to see how he defends this. My prediction is that he mirrors the standard theist plagiarist.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Further investigation shows

Further investigation shows PZ has something up about this, and that this guy was merely one of those plagiarised. He also paraphrased wiki. lol, this is most amusing. So much for accomplishing anything more than paying a publisher.

Edit: tried to find it @ PZ, but I guess it's still in the works. Still, the net is aflame over this. Google Dr. Stan Guffey for lulz.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Can I repost

Sapient wrote:

Can I repost some of that with a link to your site on http://wotmwatchdog.rationalresponders.com

Also... do you have more?  And can you confirm he didn't give Stan Guffey credit anywhere in the book?

KNOCK KNOCK.

axeldor (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Well guys, I'm sorry but I

Well guys, I'm sorry but I went running to my shelter to read the bible, and seems to me that copy-pasting others words is not a Sin... So we must forgive him and pray for his eternal soul... to be punished for all the ages... (lol).

One wise man said once: "If you don't know how to explain it, it's that you just don't know". If Ray doesn't know how to explain it (as he must copy others) it's just that he does not know.

I've come to this site through seeing all the youtube videos of Ray and Kirk with the RRS... It was funny how Ray let Kirk talk even when everyone knew that was being used because of his popularity, moreover, both of them are extremly dangerous as converted are always more aggressive than all the time believers.

axeldor (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
WHat happened to my account?

WHat happened to my account? mI have had to register again.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
axeldor wrote:WHat happened

axeldor wrote:

WHat happened to my account? mI have had to register again.

Sorry, deleted a bunch of spammers and got you by accident apparently.

axeldor (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
LOL, nextime I will be

LOL, nextime I will be Axeldor-non-spammer. Sticking out tongue.
Nevermind!

Switch89
User is offlineOffline
Sure Sapient, You can quote

Sure Sapient, You can quote it, repost it, whatever.

And No, Comfort did not cite his almost word for word plagiarisms. Check them for yourself against his introduction:

http://assets.livingwaters.com/pdf/--OriginofSpecies--.pdf

Also, here's a comment I left on my blog which further clarifies that what Comfort did WAS plagiarism:

As one commenter put it,

"I have to say some of the commentators here seem to have a bogus view that if Comfort had attributed this stuff it would be OK. You have to either put the ideas in you own words with an attribution or you have to quote with an attribution. If you lift the words directly and then attribute without quotation that's still plagiarism."

He's exactly right on this. Doing what Comfort did does not fall under "fair use". I know Comfort's ministry probably means a lot to you, but when Comfort does things like this he is making his own faith look bad. If I were a Christian, I wouldn't have anything to do with Comfort. He is a dishonest conman, and, no offense, but if you'd open your eyes a little you could see that.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Switch, thanks for

Switch, thanks for permission.  I'll put something together within a week with a nice link to you.  I appreciate the work you did, your findings, and letting me archive it on the site dedicated to exposing those fucktards.

Switch89
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Switch, thanks

Sapient wrote:

Switch, thanks for permission.  I'll put something together within a week with a nice link to you.  I appreciate the work you did, your findings, and letting me archive it on the site dedicated to exposing those fucktards.

Glad I could be of service.

Sorry it took so long to respond. To be honest I had forgotten I posted this here.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
"Finkle-Inhorn-Inhorn-Finkle-

"Finkle-Inhorn-Inhorn-Finkle-Finkle-Inhorn-------------Inhorn is a.................."(I know all there is to know about the crying game&quotEye-wink

"I've been to Psychoville and Comfort is the Mayor"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog