Blaspheming the Holy Spirit - Tipton Killingsworth's Challenge to the beamishboy!!!

beamishboy
User is offlineOffline
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit - Tipton Killingsworth's Challenge to the beamishboy!!!

Hi folksies!!!

I'm not an atheist because I'm still an altar boy in an Anglican church but I believe in church attendance only as a cultural thing.  I don't accept the hocus pocus abacadabra nonsense of the supernatural stuff of religion.

Recently, in a yahoo group, an American Baptist pastor called Tipton Killingsworth who has been constantly insulting me, challenged me to blaspheme the Holy Spirit on this forum.  It was he who introduced me to this forum.  He challenged me to post a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit here and that's precisely what I'm doing.

So here goes my blasphemy (dedicated to Tip):

The Holy Spirit is a base, filthy, turdy, shitty piece of excrement that I spit upon.

Cheers,

Ernest the beamishboy who slays the Jabberwock and all untruths.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lmao. Good for you, and

Lmao. Good for you, and welcome! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Beamishboy.Ah, an

Hi Beamishboy.

Ah, an undeniably original and entertaining first post. Welcome to RRS.

Oh, by the way, being an altar boy doesn't mean you're not an atheist. If you don't believe in God, you're an atheist. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, and well put.

Welcome, and well put.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
beamishboy wrote:Hi

beamishboy wrote:

Hi folksies!!!

I'm not an atheist because I'm still an altar boy in an Anglican church but I believe in church attendance only as a cultural thing.  I don't accept the hocus pocus abacadabra nonsense of the supernatural stuff of religion.

Read this page for the definition of atheist.

Quote:
Recently, in a yahoo group, an American Baptist pastor called Tipton Killingsworth who has been constantly insulting me, challenged me to blaspheme the Holy Spirit on this forum.

I challenge Tipton to be the man you are, and rid himself of the idiocy of the bible.  Go ahead Tipton, take the Blasphemy Challenge.   And for the record... I deny the holy spirit, and I'm not afraid. 

Quote:
It was he who introduced me to this forum.  He challenged me to post a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit here and that's precisely what I'm doing.

I'm putting your challenge on the homepage, you're famous in the morning.

Quote:
So here goes my blasphemy (dedicated to Tip):

The Holy Spirit is a base, filthy, turdy, shitty piece of excrement that I spit upon.

Cheers,

Ernest the beamishboy who slays the Jabberwock and all untruths.

I'd say you covered your tracks.  Maybe now Tipton will know you mean business.  

And Tipton, seriously stop being a dick by insulting the kid.  

What are these insults he's been throwing your way anyway, beamishboy?

Is this Tipton here? http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=9792  Tipton... tell Ergun Caner I said hi, but seriously if you're insulting him, STOP.  Come on our site, take The Squad on.

rdklep8
atheistScience FreakSuperfan
rdklep8's picture
User is offlineOffline
beamishboy wrote:Hi

beamishboy wrote:

Hi folksies!!!

You sound a lot like me, I was an altar boy when I was growing up with some doubts about christianity, but I prayed anyway because that was the 'good' thing to do and I was afraid of being a 'bad' person.  Don't stop trying to figure things out for yourself, especially when it comes to religion.  Leaning on anyone else to provide you with information is insufficient, go look for it yourself.

and by the way this was a fantastic way to wake up in the morning... the kid's funny

ObnoxiousBitch
Superfan
ObnoxiousBitch's picture
User is offlineOffline
O frabjous day! Calloo, callay....

Welcome to the dark side, beamishboy!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I find it interesting that

I find it interesting that he proudly lists himself as a Pastor of Assimilation.

Resistance is futile, anyone?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

beamishboy
User is offlineOffline
Thanks everyone for the

Thanks everyone for the welcome.  But what's a Pastor of Assimiliation?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Probably a missionary.

Probably a missionary.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
beamishboy wrote:But what's

beamishboy wrote:

But what's a Pastor of Assimiliation?

Someone who compensates for their lack of critical thinking ability with an important sounding and excessively ironic title.

Baconeatingatheistjew (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You mean like Bacon Eating

You mean like Bacon Eating Atheist Jew?

The Atheist Jew
The Atheist Jew's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:beamishboy

Sapient wrote:

beamishboy wrote:

But what's a Pastor of Assimiliation?

Someone who compensates for their lack of critical thinking ability with an important sounding and excessively ironic title.

You mean like "Atheist Jew" ?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pastor of Assimilation is a process in

which the emotional temperature in the human brain is increased until the mind is cleansed of all germs of thought.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck