Arguments for the existence of God

imthinking
User is offlineOffline
Arguments for the existence of God

I remember seeing on these forums a long time ago a link to a website that had a long list of arguments for the existence of god along with the corresponding counterarguments. Does anyone know this website?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
imthinking wrote:I remember

imthinking wrote:

I remember seeing on these forums a long time ago a link to a website that had a long list of arguments for the existence of god along with the corresponding counterarguments. Does anyone know this website?

Whatever it was, it would be as good as any other, which isn't saying much.

Belief in the super natural is merely a gap answer born out of ignorance. It is nothing more than human narcissism  in the wishful thinking in our desire to be infinite in the denial of our finite existence.

It is often called "the god gene" but in reality Richard Dawkins describes it best in "The God Delusion" as an evolutionary hiccup like the moth who mistakes a light bulb for natural moonlight.

It is a refusal to face our finite existence. As an evolutionary drive, it can be useful, but what believers fail to realize, is that it is not born out of science, but ignorance. Since we are pattern seekers, we far to often fill in those gaps in the patterns with falsehoods. The falsehoods may benefit us, but not in a real sense. The falsehoods act as a placebo, a coping mechanism that may make us feel good, but have nothing to do with reality.

Life is luck, not magic. I am here because of a sperm and an egg, not a divine plan. Any slight wiggle in a nanometer and the sperm that went into manifesting into me could have died. It just so happened it got lucky and what people don't want to face, were the millions of other sperm in that load, died. I got lucky, no magic to it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps you refer to

Perhaps you refer to http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs.html ?

If not, I don't know.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.