umm... i vote for me? But

umm... i vote for me?

But if I could vote for two people, my second vote would be for clockcar ;D

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
You couldn't argue that ClockCat has the cutest

Graphics around here with the big eyed kittens and whatnot.

But how about changing the focus slightly - who's your favourite theist on the site???

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Graphics around here with the big eyed kittens and whatnot.

But how about changing the focus slightly - who's your favourite theist on the site???

Probably Eloise and Ciarin.

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I vote for Clockcat!

Quote:

I vote for Clockcat!

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Am I high or something?

Am I high or something?  Why was that I like beef video so damn funny?  Clockcat, I'd like to see the "Do not want" cat picture a little more often, but make sure it's placed properly or it'll ruin it's hilarity.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't worry Brian, you are

Don't worry Brian, you are not high.  That is the work of Joel Veitch.  He has been kicking around the net for many years and most of his work is quite good.

Edit, the embed did not work. Let me try again.

Second edit, still no love. Try the link:

http://www.rathergood.com/science

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

I like screaming flailing machine.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rathergood.com/con

nevermind. That old trick did not work either.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't say I have a

I can't say I have a favourite or least favourite person on the forums. I like or hate everyone equally. I've had good and bad discussions with pretty well everyone here by this point. Yes, even EXC and our resident theists (hell, I've even had tiffs with Sapient, Hamby, DG, and others). Something about me allows me to have a downright vicious conversation and a happy conversation in two topics with the same person(s) at the exact same time. I don't hold grudges on the internet (good or bad), unless it is within the context of a particular topic (not thread, but topic of conversation).

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:  Something

Vastet wrote:
  Something about me allows me to have a downright vicious conversation and a happy conversation in two topics with the same person(s) at the exact same time.

Dude, I've seen this type of behavior before...... you're bi-polar.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol. Guess I'm too smart

lol.
Guess I'm too smart for the psychiatrists. Eye-wink

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
My favourite theist is

My favourite theist is without a doubt Luminon.  He drives me crazy but the breadth, depth and power of his belief could power a city I swear Laughing out loud

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

MichaelMcF wrote:

My favourite theist is without a doubt Luminon.  He drives me crazy but the breadth, depth and power of his belief could power a city I swear Laughing out loud

He does bring an interesting perspective to everything!

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I can't seem to leave

I can't seem to leave Luminon alone.  I appreciate how polite he always is and how much work he puts into his posts.

I think all of my favorite people on the forum are like that though, I appreciate civility.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I can't seem

mellestad wrote:

I can't seem to leave Luminon alone.  I appreciate how polite he always is and how much work he puts into his posts.

I think all of my favorite people on the forum are like that though, I appreciate civility.

Yeah I'm the same.  I keep swearing I'm done with him, and sometimes I get angry and become less than civil, but I always try to apologise because he's polite and sincere and deserves the same in return.  Even if he is a little crazy in my book Eye-wink

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
my favorite person on here

my favorite person on here is hands-down eloise, for reasons i've said before.  one, she's the only person on this forum who writes with the clarity and organization of a true theorist.  many of her posts read like scholarly monographs and this both charms me and makes me green-eyed with envy (wait--i'm green-eyed anyway Smiling).  two, she's absolutely stunning. 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I only care about myself and

I only care about myself and I'm the only person on the forum honest enough to admit this. So I think you can all guess who is my favorite.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:I only care about

EXC wrote:

I only care about myself and I'm the only person on the forum honest enough to admit this. So I think you can all guess who is my favorite.

Yes, ...but is your ego-centric pov merely an expression of societal conditioning or could it be the result of evolutionary adaptation ?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF wrote:My

MichaelMcF wrote:

Yes, I would include Luminon as a forum member who is actually quite endearing despite the wackiness ( from an atheists' perspective ) of his heartfelt beliefs.  He's a good guy.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Yes, ...but is your ego-centric pov merely an expression of societal conditioning or could it be the result of evolutionary adaptation ?

It's probably a genetic aberration. Mother nature decided to make someone that would get bored with pretending that unselfishness exists and then spread this dangerous idea among all the actors.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
The favorite clearly has to

The favorite clearly has to be todangst, especially when he layeth the smacketh down on some poor theist. They never recover. It is awesome.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think I think I have

I don't think I think I have a favorite person on the forum and even if i did i wouldn't say instead i shall just post my thoughts about various people and insist I have answered the question.

ButterBattle - For some reason i always think best name on this forum.. im assuming Dr Seuss? Although the mental images are quiet entertaining

ClockCat - Most adept in using lolcats

Vastet - Most proudly Canadian

EXC - most misunderstood on occasion

Luminon -  Confuses me to the point that i cannot reply to any of his posts as i have no clue what a chakra is. also i wonder why he has a theist badge and a superfan badge, this is what confuses me the most. Atleast he does have a science freak badge..... no offence meant naturally

Jeffrick - Why is there a ?map? as an avatar

Answers in gene simmons - possible my second favorite name here, ooo but the avatar is shiny as well.

and im bored so ill stop here

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote:The favorite

KSMB wrote:

The favorite clearly has to be todangst, especially when he layeth the smacketh down on some poor theist. They never recover. It is awesome.

Hmmm, I must say, I enjoy DG's epic smackdowns slightly more, especially when he posts his giant walls of text. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:KSMB

butterbattle wrote:
KSMB wrote:

Hmmm, I must say, I enjoy DG's epic smackdowns slightly more, especially when he posts his giant walls of text. 

I enjoy those too. Where is DG btw? Haven't seen him a long while.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Luminon is a cool theist

I initially thought he was completely mad but after reading some of his posts I decided reality might be more crazy than I'd thought.

I'm not sure it would be easy to disagree with luminon for long. He goes sideways like a mud crab.

Interesting no one has voted for a christian theist as their favourite.

Another thing worth nominating here is coolest Avatars and that gong has to go to ProzacDeathWish. This latest one is way cool.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I initially thought he was completely mad but after reading some of his posts I decided reality might be more crazy than I'd thought.

I'm not sure it would be easy to disagree with luminon for long. He goes sideways like a mud crab.

Interesting no one has voted for a christian theist as their favourite.

Another thing worth nominating here is coolest Avatars and that gong has to go to ProzacDeathWish. This latest one is way cool.

Don't know about avatars, but as far as sig's go; I LOVE Eloise's sig about fields arranged by purity.

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't know if he's still

Don't know if he's still around much, but Watcher was always one of my favorite members, along with GG and Kevin. Hey guys!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've got to admit, I like

I've got to admit, I like the people collectively. I like them for their virtues. I like them for their vices and mistakes, (to a reasonable degree) because the knowledge that I'm not the only imperfect person around is very comforting. I also like english-speaking foreigners, because it's so diffcult to meet a real live non-Christianic one here. So I want to say, you guys are all awesome, the more you express and develop yourself.
This has an unfortunate consequence that it's diffcult to say who's unique or standing out of the crowd, because I like you all for mostly the same things.

Of course, ClockCat, Doomy, ProzacDeathWish, have their style.
Hamby, DG, and MichaelMcF are the experts of science, which is good, because I like and need the science.
I can't imagine the forum without EXC, Butterbattle, iwbiek, Answers in Gene.. and others.
And Atheistextremist does really catch my attention lately. Did I just see a sign of unusual open-mindedness?

But as for theists... well, there is not much I can think about them, good or bad. They're usually too stuck in their own areas of interest. I like the people with broad scope of life, who have the brain and are not afraid to use it. I love that I can post almost any intellectual or obscure topic here and it will attract interest and knowledge, which would not happen with the people who live around me.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoa Luminon, I haven't seen

Whoa Luminon, I haven't seen your picture before. You look exactly like my brother.In fact, if I didn't know he was a hardcore xtian fundie, I would be tempted to think you are one and the same..hmmm. Unless he is a deist by night, secretly  posting here..

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:Don't know if he's

Loc wrote:

Don't know if he's still around much, but Watcher was always one of my favorite members, along with GG and Kevin. Hey guys!

Hey Loc!

You're the one that abandoned us in the chatroom.   What up?

My favorite theist on here was Wavefreak.  For atheists...well I liked a lot of them.  I can't really think of a favorite.  A lot of them don't come here anymore and a couple of them passed on into oblivion.

Actually one of the most intelligent people I met on here died just last year.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I don't have a favorite ~

I don't have a favorite ~ I love everyone   

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

That's not what you told me last night...

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Renee

Watcher wrote:

That's not what you told me last night...

Was that before or after I smacked you with my cane, sonny?  Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Was that before or after I smacked you with my cane, sonny?  Eye-wink

You know I like you to do that during...

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Loc

Watcher wrote:

Loc wrote:

Hey Loc!

You're the one that abandoned us in the chatroom.   What up?

I'll get back there eventually..just popping in on the boards.I took a loooong break from all the craziness

dudeofthemoment wrote:

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would also like to say

I would also like to say that another favorite is Deludedgod and take to the oportunity to ask if anyone knows if he's coming back to the forums.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm... too many to pick out

Hmm... too many to pick out a single Fav, but if I just see who comes to mind first without over-thinking this... Clockcat, Kevin, HisWillness,... enough already!

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
If I really had to pick

If I really had to pick favorites... Darth_Josh, Hamby, and BobSpence.  But there are a ton of people here I like.

I would like to call attention to a favorite NEW poster.  In fact we've had quite a few good new posters, if you want to give kudos to someone with less than 20 posts, I suggest doing so.

My favorite poster under 5 posts is Dogma Hater

Constructive advice for Atheist activismDogma Hater

The future of various religionsDogma Hater

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aargh! How could I not

Aargh! How could I not mention Hamby? I guess I haven't seen him on as much just recently, so he didn't pop into mind straight away.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology