Wait a minute

Philophile
User is offlineOffline
Wait a minute

It's a little strange to  me that this forum is called Freethinking Anonymous and then it strictly forbids Theists from posting anything. I'm not a theist persay, but I'm in no way an atheist. I just find it frankly rediculous to claim the ability to think freely as long as you don't think there's a God.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Since there's doubt, you'd

Since there's doubt, you'd think maybe you'd at least lodge your complaint in the general conversation forum.  Or maybe read one of the other 50 threads about this issue by doing a search of the site.  

I've moved your post to general conversation since you don't exist anyway... seeing as everyone on Earth is either an atheist or a theist.   Way to welcome yourself to our website and put your dirty shoes on my couch... learn some manners man.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Post away

Philophile wrote:

It's a little strange to  me that this forum is called Freethinking Anonymous and then it strictly forbids Theists from posting anything. I'm not a theist persay, but I'm in no way an atheist. I just find it frankly rediculous to claim the ability to think freely as long as you don't think there's a God.

"I'm not a theist persay (sic) but I'm in no way an atheist."

Mmmmmm.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philophile wrote:I'm not

Philophile wrote:

I'm not a theist persay

Ah, so you don't believe in any deities.

Philophile wrote:

but I'm in no way an atheist.

So you also don't not believe in any deities.

How can you not believe something (not a theist) and not not believe it (not an atheist)?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another thing

Philophile wrote:

Philophile's fulcrum-ish position and creative spelling remind me of someone we all used to know...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philophile wrote:It's a

Philophile wrote:

What's the problem? One forum out all the others on this site where we want to be able to discuss issues apart from the Theist-vs-Atheist issues - there is much more to the world and understanding than those God arguments. 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline

Philophile wrote:

I'm not a theist persay, but I'm in no way an atheist.

Quote:

dumdum

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Philophile wrote:

Philophile's fulcrum-ish position and creative spelling remind me of someone we all used to know...

It was the first thing I thought of, and it's been checked already.  It doesn't seem to check out, philophile seems to be his own person... so far.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Philophile wrote:It's a

Philophile wrote:

Do you have an alternative suggestion, or are you just bitching for fun? I'm sure if you had a suggestion that screamed out in its awesomeness, it would at least be considered, even if it got rejected. Whining certainly isn't going to change anything.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
User is offlineOffline

Philophile wrote:

I'm not a theist persay, but I'm in no way an atheist. I just find it frankly rediculous to claim the ability to think freely as long as you don't think there's a God.

You'd have to be really thinking freely to come up with this, like outside the confines of logic.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”