It doesn't have to be either or. It's a matter of respecting one's belief or lack thereof

John147
John147's picture
User is offlineOffline
It doesn't have to be either or. It's a matter of respecting one's belief or lack thereof

I just ask that you listen to a song, without passing judgement, and then you may understand what I am trying to convey. The song is titled, One (Universal Theme Song), and it does fit in with this groups' way of thinking. Just go to http://www.rmusic.com/unsigned/johnnie_newkirk_jr.html

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
theTwelve wrote:Sapient

theTwelve wrote:

Sapient wrote:
 But I've updated him to a more appropriate role for now.  Skip the asshole badge, it's not as good of a fit as "troll" is.

Ah, yes the infamous troll badge, and asshat avatar. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of choosing a more appropriate ass-hat picture. 

7/10 for effort not a bad score. if you wish a better score i suggest drawing the "lord baron" mastache on your avatar. although i will say im sticking to my previous comment, you get off on this far to much

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Anonymous12 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote: you get off on

Tapey wrote:

you get off on this far to much

Haha, ah it can be a little too fun sometime, but alas the Gods have banned me. 

peace. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
,grabbing popcorn to watch

<grabbing popcorn to watch theTwelve engage in a one-man pissing contest>

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
theTwelve wrote:And Bob is

theTwelve wrote:

And Bob is offended, because I said I like DJ Groethe's style, and the Center for Inquiry, and didn't think he was anymore lenient on Benjamin Wiker, than he is with his other guest. 

For the record, the thing about your response on that Wiker thing that reinforced my feeling about your real agenda was not so much your defence of Grothe, where I specifically made a point of saying I understood his position, it was your inability to see anything particularly wrong with Wiker's arguments. IOW it was your defence of the dishonest (or dim-witted? one or the other, or both) near-fundy Wiker that pissed me off.

Quote:

And according to Bob, and you, being critical or harsh on the views of certain individuals here, is equivalent of being a theist. Ah, yes, a textbook example of broken logic. I'm curious though Sapient, do you consider all those individuals at the RDF who are not your biggest fans, who are critical of the RRS, to be closeted theist as well? I'm guessing if they were here, you'd be running out of theist badges huh?

No, its not your criticism of 'certain individuals', it is your predictable reaction to any dissing of common religious views and the effects of religion that seems to send you off on your foaming tirades.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous12 wrote:Tapey

I've removed this comment as it's been seen by at least one other member to verify the story.  Thetwelve ended up threatening my safety and as he lives in my area and has a ton of Christian friends who one would assume are as low down and dirty as him, I had to take the threats seriously.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This topic fails on so many

This topic fails on so many levels.

First, to call RRS a site full of arragont assholes then act like one while making the accusation is kinda hypocritical.

Second, to label a person as a Theist when they don't agree with points made by the RRS [No matter how much a dick he is when he disagrees] is kinda dumb and goes against the slogan uniting atheist activists.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Second,

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Second, to label a person as a Theist when they don't agree with points made by the RRS [No matter how much a dick he is when he disagrees] is kinda dumb and goes against the slogan uniting atheist activists.

Pineapple and Butterbattle, the next time I tell you I think someone is a theist, just keep your traps shut and wonder how I know.  I've done this for a long time, lived a lot of shit that I wouldn't wish on either one of you, and have become an incredible judge of certain characters.  

I now have conclusive proof that not only is thetwelve a theist, but he is in fact a Christian.  The only reason I have not yet posted it, is I have a concern for privacy issues.  His facebook page was not private, however about 2 seconds ago he chose to make it private.  Nice try thetwelve, I saved it all before you did so.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR HYPOCRITICAL DISHONESTY, BURN IN YOUR HELL.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
And how do you know that

And how do you know that it's HIS facebook page?

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:And how

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

And how do you know that it's HIS facebook page?

you have to put your email in when you register... im guessing anyway.

All animals are equal.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:And how

I've removed this comment as it's been seen by at least one other member to verify the story.  Thetwelve ended up threatening my safety and as he lives in my area and has a ton of Christian friends who one would assume are as low down and dirty as him, I had to take the threats seriously.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 And I just confirmed

Anonymous98 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: And I just

Sapient wrote:

And I just confirmed outside of facebook a connection to his interest in Fusion Ministries.

Take his shit off right now mother fucker. Cuz I will fuck you up.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
apologies but confirming

apologies but confirming somones name? what unversity they go to? finding out who his friends are? it all points in one direction

oh the joys of the internet... stalking made easy  

no offence ment but there are lines that are not appropriate to cross. There is a reason we all use aliases on the internet. His religion fine understandable but there is no need for the other things. im just going to assume that you didn't go out of your way while looking for his religion and just happened to find those things. if so disregard all previous statments.

All animals are equal.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
So he was lying, huh? Game

So he was lying, huh? 

Game over, dude.

Alright, Sapient, I'll be less skeptical when you accuse people of being theists in the future, but I would appreciate it if you at least waited until you had some evidence. My intuition also suggested that he was a theist, but he said he wasn't, which, to me, was more important. Sigh....I just don't like to think that people are lying. Maybe I'm becoming too nice for the Internet.

Edit: Also, I hope you don't give out any more of his personal information.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Peter, I'm no longer

thetwelve, I'm no longer approving your comments.  The "he's my brother" act is not working, the story doesn't jive, I've looked into it.  The threats of physical violence aren't going to get you far either, threaten me again and you'll force me to ask the police to pull you out of class.  

Leave it alone, you're done here, it was a run further than anyone else in the pretending to not be a christian routine, you win the prize for most deceptive lover of Jesus. And if you don't think I take your threats seriously you are mistaken, I don't take threats from someone so immoral, lightly at all.  Now go on your way so I don't make it a project to dig up everything I can on your ministry.   

In fact as you can see your threats of physical violence have urged me to remove the evidence as it's now been verified by the folks who were most skeptical.

And Tapey... calling me a stalker under the circumstances is fucked up.  I'm not sure what other things you mean, but the only thing I was looking for was his religion, I just happen to stumble on more.

Thetwelve, I have saved everything, pictures of everyone, and a packet that is now being printed out and stored in a safe place to ensure that arrests are made if you go through on your threats of physical violence. 

Anonymous38 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I mind.2821

Sapient wrote:

I mind.

2821 Glenview St.

If that's not your current address, I will find it out. 

Take his shit off of, or I will find you soon enough.

You could leave whatever else you want, like claiming i'm a theist, I don't give a fuck about that, but take his name off, and  the pictures of his facebook page.

Cuz we all have family, and I'm sure you're not going to like if someone fucks with yours. 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 I changed my mind, your

I changed my mind, SOME of your threats are posted, and I've removed the evidence against you.

Now leave.

Butterbattle, had you not doubted me, this wouldn't have gotten to this level.  If you doubt me on that, don't.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: And Tapey...

Sapient wrote:

And Tapey... calling me a stalker under the circumstances is fucked up.  I'm not sure what other things you mean, but the only thing I was looking for was his religion, I just happen to stumble on more.

I left it up to you if what you did was stalking as I don't know what you did. As I said disregard that entire post if you just happened to see what you did and were not purposfully looking. Im perfectly happy with you deciding that.

All animals are equal.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah

The christian love, resort to violence and threats, it's always fun, although the last person to threaten my family, well never really understood the complications that arise by doing that. Not that I care, my family knows how to take care of themselves. It's always fun to watch idiots make threats.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
hey john147 - i really did feel the love on your thread

John147 wrote:

I just ask that you listen to a song, without passing judgement, and then you may understand what I am trying to convey. The song is titled, One (Universal Theme Song), and it does fit in with this groups' way of thinking. Just go to http://www.rmusic.com/unsigned/johnnie_newkirk_jr.html

And i loved the song. listening to it i could feel the love of jesus embracing my soul. ok so it was the mujaja cuddling my spiritual innards but what the hell. 

Awful thread everyone. Reading it I felt like I was on the titanic and the fireworks were going off. 

A week or so ago I suggested 12 was godly and apologised when he ripped my head off. Silly me.

Those wild spontaneous personal insults were a pointer.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

This thread is like the Titanic. Above post is absolutely right.

First starting out with the best intentions.

Next the crash, followed by people struggling and drowning over a long period of time.

Then cold silence.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Boy I went out of my way to

Boy I went out of my way to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

I don't see why people, not just this guy, but anyone, has to get upset that we blaspheme their deities. These same people blaspheme others. I am quite sure people like this are with most of the western world in condemning the threats of death against the Danish Cartoonist who depicted Muhammed with a bomb in his turben. Everyone is fine untill they get picked on.

WE ALL GET PICKED ON, so do atheists. We've been equated to Hitler and Stalin and been falsely accused of lacking morals. We expect that. But no one, no atheist or theist should advocate or threaten violence.

To all reading this, atheists do not, or at least should not expect a pedistal. And to theists, I can only speak for myself, I do not expect a pedistal, but when we blaspheme god claims, we are saying that no one deserves a pedestal.

This website is not a hate site like this particular poster wanted to falsely and deceptively accuse it of. It most certainly is blasphemous. But for the reasons already stated in prior posts. It is here for atheists to have a place to hang out, AND  a place for theists to come and challenge us and themselves in debate. But it is not here for trolls or martyrs an under no cercumstances should any poster, or any website, theirs or atheists, on the web or in real life, threaten people. That is unacceptable and should be to anyone, believer or not.

Getting along is not about being nice all the time or always saying nice things all the time. Getting along depends on the empathy that we are all capable of the same range of emotions and actions and we all want to be able to say what we want without fear. In that, we have a common interest as a species, in real life, and not just at this website, the mutual desire to be free from fear of physical violence.

If this person was trying to convince us that a god existed, threatening physical violence IS NOT the way to do it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
And nothing was lost. I

And nothing was lost.

I knew this was only a matter of time. And for the record, I'm amazed at the patience the administration showed regarding this little troll. I'd have kicked his ass to the curb a month ago or more. Was amusing reading what remains of his butthurt responses to that which he knew was coming, and had plenty of warning to avoid. But he just kept dripping venom and ignorance everywhere.

I wonder how he'd like it if we returned the favour, and posted his address all over the trollnet. Fortunately for him, our ethics are superior.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey clockcat

ClockCat wrote:

This thread is like the Titanic. Above post is absolutely right.

First starting out with the best intentions.

Next the crash, followed by people struggling and drowning over a long period of time.

Then cold silence.

You forgot the spitting contest!

It's not the real titanic without a spitting contest!

I reckon we got ourselves a pretty good one here.

Maybe some kindly mod could put this thread to sleep...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Stupid of me but isn't 12 saying something here that's

theTwelve wrote:

I demean, ridicule, and appear angry for a purpose. I enjoy parody, and believe it to the best means of imposing reflection on the individuals you mimic. I've only taken on the language, ridicule, and mockery of the RRS to others and turned it back on them. I do so out of a compassionate concern for the individuals here, so they no longer live in spite, or delusions, but face reality with their passions in check. 

My hostility is not knee-jerk, it's actually carefully plotted, and it's why I can turn it off and on, with a flick of a switch. 

Partly identical to the statement Sapient made early in the thread that was the catalyst for 12's entire brain snap? Look at the third sentence. Lol - maybe 12 had an unexpected sense of irony.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

theTwelve wrote:

I demean, ridicule, and appear angry for a purpose. I enjoy parody, and believe it to the best means of imposing reflection on the individuals you mimic. I've only taken on the language, ridicule, and mockery of the RRS to others and turned it back on them. I do so out of a compassionate concern for the individuals here, so they no longer live in spite, or delusions, but face reality with their passions in check. 

My hostility is not knee-jerk, it's actually carefully plotted, and it's why I can turn it off and on, with a flick of a switch. 

Partly identical to the statement Sapient made early in the thread that was the catalyst for 12's entire brain snap? Look at the third sentence. Lol - maybe 12 had an unexpected sense of irony.

There is some sense to the approach he describes, but it needs the user to be aware that his assumptions about the individuals he is targeting may not be true, but actually reflect his own 'delusions', and it may be he himself that needs to "face reality with [his] passions in check". Maybe he did realize it, at least at some level, as you suggest.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
It's like watching a

It's like watching a horrific car accident...I want to look away, but I can't. 

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
No - I think he didn't realise it

BobSpence1 wrote:

There is some sense to the approach he describes, but it needs the user to be aware that his assumptions about the individuals he is targeting may not be true, but actually reflect his own 'delusions', and it may be he himself that needs to "face reality with [his] passions in check". Maybe he did realize it, at least at some level, as you suggest.

But it was funny to see him pull the Raincoats' cruel to be kind thing out given it was the very sentiment that lit his fuse originally.