Your voice DOES make a difference.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Your voice DOES make a difference.

If you google "atheist" and click on news,

YOU will find that there are billboards going up in NYC subways. I billboard going up in Chicago, and one in West Virgina.

Boy how times have changed since 01.

Your voice does count. Even if it is just posting on websites. Don't just post here. When you see a story or video anywhere on the net, TV, radio, blogs or any website that allows comments, speak out.

Especially when it comes to newspapers tv networks, or local tv, and radio.

I felt lucky back in 01 to get my opinion printed in a local paper. BUT I also lived in a city, full of believers of all sorts, who were bullied by the Falwell family and a newspaper brave enough not to be bought off by them and always stood up to them.

Atheists have best selling authors, constant mention in the media now, and billboards. Keep it up. We have a long way to go, but I know where we were and we can and will make an impact.

You don't have to write a book, or be famous. Just speak out. Every voice counts.

I can remember running into a former boss where I used to live after he had read my opinion. We had small talk and the last thing he said to me was, "Brian, give up that atheist thing".

I wonder what he would think about the atheist voice now?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Great encouraging post!

Great encouraging post! You've inspired me to write for a zine that my friend is publishing about marijuana. It will be about legalizing marijuana but I will work in an atheist perspective (if I decide to write on something where I can).

I don't know how globalized zines are (or if they even exist out side my region), so for those of you who don't know they are small magazine published once a year (sometimes twice). They are non-profit and sometimes contain ads but the printing is often funded by whoever organizes the zine. Also, my university and many others have yearly contests where the zine is submitted and the best one receives funding for (I think) 500 copies to be printed.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Agreed Brian.

Agreed Brian.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Just did my daily google of

Just did my daily google of "atheist" and BOSTON is now among the cities that will display transit adds for us cootie spreaders!

Like I said folks, raise your voices in the media. Your voice does count.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog