I'm having a hard time buying a subscription.

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm having a hard time buying a subscription.

Okay, I'm not computer savvy by any means.  But I've been trying to purchase a subscription for three days and it's not working.  My PayPal account is set up and fine, and I called PayPal to find out what's going on and they said that everything is fine on their end and that I may want to contact the other party about it.  When I click the little rectangular PayPal button I get directed to the PayPal website with this message:

Quote:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Like I said before, my PayPal account is fine.  Can anyone tell me what's going on and how I can buy a subscription?

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
I think Brian Spaient made a

I think Brian Spaient made a post to someone else concerning this. Apprently the problem is on their end.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gypsy,Did you go to 'My

Gypsy,

Did you go to 'My Account' at the top of the page and then scroll down to the 'Paypal Subscriptions' and then click 'subscribe' on the appropriate level?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
???? trubble???

Stosis wrote:

I think Brian Spaient made a post to someone else concerning this. Apprently the problem is on their end.

The someone else was me.   I managed  to buy in for one (1) month when I was trying for a full subscription, all this after having a gold membership for over a year.  The problem is actually three (3) way,  RRS,  Paypal  and my own computer illiteracy.  I am going to try again for the fulltime membership on November 2,   the first is a Sunday.   If I had any tallent with computers I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yah, that was me who

Yah, that was me who was canceled despite being current. As I understand matters, the forum software does not automatically shut off people if they stop paying. So he flipped a switch to purge to older subs. As luck has it, my email addy for the site is not the same as my paypal account so he did not know to put me back on manually after the switch.

If you click on his avatar, that should bring you to an info page on his account and from there, there is a link to email him with your info. From your description, it sounds like he may have turned off the thing that let's him automatically accept payments, possibly as a software dependency from the other switch. If so, he may not even know that he did it and he will be hurting for cash if he doesn't connect it again.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes.

darth_josh wrote:

Gypsy,

Did you go to 'My Account' at the top of the page and then scroll down to the 'Paypal Subscriptions' and then click 'subscribe' on the appropriate level?

I did exactly that.  Then it brought me to this page that said:

Quote:

PayPal Subscribe

Silver Rational Response Squad Membership

Silver Rational Response Squad Membership

Rate $10.00 for 1 Months. Recurs till cancelled. User becomes member of role MemberSilver. (Duration - till cancelled.)

And then there's a little rectangular button, and when I click the button, it brings me to the page I described in my first post in this thread.

Liberate your mind. Fuck religion.

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
User is offlineOffline
I Know you going to hate this!

But , Maybe God doesn't want you to subscribe to such bull because He really does love you in spite of your adolescent attempt to belittle something much greater than you and I!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can we ban the troll yet,

Can we ban the troll yet, like it's obviously trying for?

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow I got under your skin!

Gee Thom whats wrong....can no longer hang with the big boys...so you want to ban me because my tongue is sharper than yours...well boohoo!!!! Grow up, clean your room or something and why your at it clean your mind because it is so full of garbage!!1

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Big boys?  You're referring

Big boys?  You're referring to yourself.  I'm tired of having you around.  We'll see how much longer everyone else can stand you.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Gypsy, try this link and let

Gypsy, try this link and let me know what happens.   PAYPAL LINK FOR SILVER SUBSCRIPTION.  (anyone else wants to try it feel free)

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL!

BADWAY wrote:

But , Maybe God doesn't want you to subscribe to such bull because He really does love you in spite of your adolescent attempt to belittle something much greater than you and I!

Makes sense.  God loves me enough to fuck with my computer, but the starving people in Africa dying of AIDS don't measure up to his liking.  What a great guy. *sarcasm*  Seriously, you're boring now.  You might have been something to laugh at and entertain ourselves with a few days ago but now you're like a hooker who won't leave.

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
You rock.

Sapient wrote:

Gypsy, try this link and let me know what happens.   PAYPAL LINK FOR SILVER SUBSCRIPTION.  (anyone else wants to try it feel free)

Thanks Brian.  It'll have to wait for this weekend though.  After balancing my checkbook it seems I overspent at the strip club for darling boyfriend's birthday    .  So it looks like I'm broke until payday.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
!!??!!??!!

GypsyWytch wrote:

BADWAY wrote:

Makes sense.  God loves me enough to fuck with my computer, but the starving people in Africa dying of AIDS don't measure up to his liking.  What a great guy. *sarcasm*  Seriously, you're boring now.  You might have been something to laugh at and entertain ourselves with a few days ago but now you're like a hooker who won't leave.

You have my interest,   what do  you know about  hookers  who don't know when to go home?   Please tell me it's from personal expirience,  my cigerette is on stand by.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick, check this new

Jeffrick, check this new subscription page out and try the manual subscription when you're ready:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/18654

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
?

Sapient wrote:

Jeffrick, check this new subscription page out and try the manual subscription when you're ready:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/18654

Brian I have been doing things manually for so long I may as well be single,    ooops ;   you ment the computor right?

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
A hooker who won't leave.

I've never rented a hooker.  But I have bought the services of many whores.  They're annoying when they do what they were paid to do but then they won't GTFO.  I'm sure you've had the same experience yourself.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
GypsyWytch wrote:Thanks

GypsyWytch wrote:

Thanks Brian.  It'll have to wait for this weekend though.  After balancing my checkbook it seems I overspent at the strip club for darling boyfriend's birthday    .  So it looks like I'm broke until payday.

I never heard of a woman paying for her boyfriend's trip to the strip club.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

GypsyWytch wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with it. 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
A woman paying for her boyfriend's trip to the strip club,

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

GypsyWytch wrote:

We both went.  We go there for his birthday every year.  I pay for the drinks, stage dances, and lap dances and I might get one or two myself.  It's lots of fun.  My boyfriend is such a gentleman that I have no problem with it.  I have as much fun as he does. 

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:But , Maybe God

BADWAY wrote:

This means that if anybody manages to subscribe to the RRS, then they've defied God. Jeez, God is a weakling. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare