Disprove the resurrection -- i dare you [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Disprove the resurrection -- i dare you [YOU RESPOND]

Subject: [Defend my God!] resurrection

robert sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Disprove the resurrection of Jesus Christ to dismantle Christianity--of
course you can't because Jesus did resurrect..NO DOUBT about it......so try
and disprove the resurrection--i dare you....

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude, it is your job to

Dude, it is your job to prove that it happened.  You go first.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Jesus did resurrect..NO DOUBT about it...

Indeedy.

Well, then you should have no trouble proving it, which would be a win for you. If neither of us can prove or disprove one way or another, then that alone makes it doubtful that it happened.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry rdefrank

The resurrection never happened for the simple reason that your Jesus charactor never existed.  The storys of the annointed one are just storys;  actualy  several myths and legions mixed in with tales of a few itineret local preachers.

1)  Latest archaelogical studies show Nazareth did not exist untill after 25 C.E. (A.D.).  How did your savior manage to grow up in a town that  didn't exist?

2) The Church of the immaculate Conception , supposedly buildt on the site of Mary's family home was actually buildt over a graveyard. Now no Jew - then or now- would build anything least of all a house atop a graveyard- it is unkosher.

3) The Nazarenes were a sect of Judaism at the time. The name had nothing to do with the City of Nazareth; Nazareth did not exist for another century or more.  Joshua is such a commen name there were more then likely dozens of part time preachers called Jesus the Nazarene.

4) The Christos were a small sect  of Judaisim living outside of Palastine who believed their Christ had already arrived. Their numbers were never big but groups have been traced to Damascus and Rome in the early first century, at the time Julius Caeser was growing up, Julius may have ran into these people in the Insulae his mother owned. He later wrote about traditional Judaens who also followed Lord Mithra.  Now were his neighbors the Christos or just Jews playing lip service to a local deity?  Eather answer is possible.

5)  Lord Mithra,  was an eastern god of the Zorastrian religion. He was born of a Virgin on Dec. 25th, he had 12 deciples. When he died at easter each year he rose again in 3 days and ascends into heaven until his rebirth on Dec.25th.

Mithra entered the Roman pantheon in the 4th century B.C.E. and rose to prominence, highly popular with soldiers up to the time of Constantine (4th century C.E.).  Mithra 's main temple in Rome was located on Vatican hill and the head priest was called the Papa.

6) Now combine # 3,4, and 5 and you have 1st century Cristians.  Saul of Tarsus was abusing these people when he had an epilieptic seisure on the road to Damascus. Greek speaking Saul became Paul and took Mithratic/Judaisim on the road to what you call modern christianity.   Paul never wrote about  J.C.'s birth or much else about a real person named Jesus because any real person would have gotten in the way of Paul"s mystical religion.

It is possible that not even Paul on  his worst day (he had more seisures in his life) ever thought there was a real Jesus.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
I hate to tear you away

I hate to tear you away from your "Fair and Balanced" busy TV schedule, but how much time should a "thinking person" devote to disproving a Fantastical (and clearly silly) concept based on what is likely a "Fantasy" figure ?

Prove that this list of historical figures that your "jesus" figure was almost certainly plagiarized from did not also resurrect... I dare you !

Osiris, Tammuz, Dionysus, Odin, Adonis, Baldr, Attis, Mithras, Persephone, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, I'm sorry, those gods aren't currently marketed by mental giants like Sean Hannity.

Did that come out sarcastic? It's so hard to tell.  

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, i don't want to. I have

No, i don't want to. I have no desire to waste my time on your dare. On a side note, I just resurected myself! I am lord and master... prove me wrong

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:No, i don't want

Tapey wrote:

No, i don't want to. I have no desire to waste my time on your dare. On a side note, I just resurected myself! I am lord and master... prove me wrong

I saw it happen.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote:Tapey wrote:No,

Magus wrote:

Tapey wrote:

I saw it happen.

Me too! It was awesome. In fact, I'm going to write a book about it.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Magus

nigelTheBold wrote:

Magus wrote:

Tapey wrote:

I saw it happen.

Remember to write that there were 1,000,000 eyewitness. Nobody could deny the resurrection if there were 1,000,000 eyewitnesses.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
You try it.

I'll go ahead and disprove the resurrection.  Are you ready?  Here it is:

It's biologically impossible for a dead person to come back to life.

There you go.

Liberate your mind. Fuck religion.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
GypsyWytch wrote:I'll go

GypsyWytch wrote:

There you go.

Unfortunately, that isn't gonna work with a believer, because one of the most important points about he resurrection is precisely that it is a 'miracle', ie that it is impossible without divine intervention. IOW that impossibility is 'proof' of his divinity.

The problem is for them to prove it really happened - the only 'evidence' they have for it is some ambiguous reports of 'sightings' in a book dedicated to proving that it all really happened.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

ive only been here 3 days and im already so sick of these guys. 

if it wouldnt be so illmannered of me to awnser your question with a question, i might ask you to disprove that i just farted.  wait aaaaaaaannnnnd a bunch of hot sexy mermaids came out my bum!!!

disprove that!!!

ill tell my stepsons cousin to wright a story about it for you as proof of my mermaid orgy!

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
1) no eyewitness accounts,

1) no eyewitness accounts, only hearsay.

2) no tangible evidence.

3) to date, no second coming.

done.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

nigelTheBold wrote:

Magus wrote:

Tapey wrote:

I saw it happen.

Remember to write that there were 1,000,000 eyewitness. Nobody could deny the resurrection if there were 1,000,000 eyewitnesses.

For everyones hard work in spreading the good news I grant you all, access into hevan, in addition you will all recieve 1 cupon to the beer pong table in hevan, 1  free cupon to our killer rollercoaster and last but not least a 1 day pass into Hell where if you so chose you may recieve a lap dance from a chineese ladyboy.

All animals are equal.

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:GypsyWytch

BobSpence1 wrote:

GypsyWytch wrote:

There you go.

Unfortunately, that isn't gonna work with a believer, because one of the most important points about he resurrection is precisely that it is a 'miracle', ie that it is impossible without divine intervention. IOW that impossibility is 'proof' of his divinity.

The problem is for them to prove it really happened - the only 'evidence' they have for it is some ambiguous reports of 'sightings' in a book dedicated to proving that it all really happened.

I understand that.  I was just reminded him/her of very little brain that we think rationally and with our brains and not with a book in our hands.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
GypsyWytch wrote:I

GypsyWytch wrote:

I understand that.  I was just reminded him/her of very little brain that we think rationally and with our brains and not with a book in our hands.

But the book is so much easier.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold

nigelTheBold wrote:

GypsyWytch wrote:

But the book is so much easier.

Not really.  You actually have to pick it up and flip through the pages to find what you're looking for.  But your brain will always be with you and there's no flipping through it.  You think, you reason, and problem solved.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
GypsyWytch wrote:I'll go

GypsyWytch wrote:

There you go.

WHAT THE FUCK? NOOOOOOOOOOO. WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS?

Next thing you are going to tell me is that a human cannot fart a full sized  Lamborghini out of their ass.

I bet you left Santa brownies with laxative in them.

YOU ARE SUCH A KILLJOY!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

BobSpence1 wrote:

GypsyWytch wrote:

There you go.

Bob, while it is true that the more deeply indoctrinated and in love with a myth they are, you are right, it can be quite hard to crack that illusion.

BUT, many here, including me once believed these absurdities. If humans can live without believing the sun is a thinking being as once did the the Ancient Egyptians, it is not impossible for people to give up on theses current popular myths.

I'm not that pessimistic. I believe any Christian or Muslim or whatever, if they really want to challenge themselves, they can free themselves from the mind shackles that imprison them.

Heck, Captain Pineapple came in here gangbusters a couple years ago trying to convince us that the universe itself was a giant conciousness. Look at her now.

It is hard to show theists their errors, but it is not impossible.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Disprove the resurrection

Disprove the resurrection of Jesus ? Who bloody cares !  Besides, prove that Godzilla hasn't repeatedly stomped the shit out of Tokyo.  It's all on film. I've seen the proof.    

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
GypsyWytch

GypsyWytch wrote:

nigelTheBold wrote:

But the book is so much

easier

Not really.  You actually have to pick it up and flip through the pages to find what you're looking for.  But your brain will always be with you and there's no flipping through it.  You think, you reason, and problem solved.

I think you underestimate the difficulty many people have with thinking rationally, and overestimate the difficulty in letting other people tell you what the book says.

I guess I should've said, "The book is so much easier, especially when you don't have to read it."

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote: I guess

nigelTheBold wrote:

I guess I should've said, "The book is so much easier, especially when you don't have to read it."

scary that hey. The number of christians that have never read the bible..... I mean if the  bible is the word of god wouldn't you want to read it?

All animals are equal.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:scary that hey.

Tapey wrote:
scary that hey. The number of christians that have never read the bible..... I mean if the  bible is the word of god wouldn't you want to read it?

Well, technically, yes, but, you know, it's hard; there's a lot of words....

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, I am jaded.

Yes, I am jaded.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Here's my take:John 14:12

Here's my take:

John 14:12 states "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Well, he's back with the Father. I'm not even going to ask for greater things.

Simply repeat a resurrection in a scientifically controlled environment. Not a resuscitation - a resurrection.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great thought

We could combine this experiment with the one outlined on another current thread where in the OT god cooks a few steaks to prove he exists and we could select a range of leading christians to sacrifice themselves

for the greater good of humanity. The pope, for instance. He looks like he needs to be reborn. Why would he argue?

The god ones are killed and if the lord brings them back to life, well, we all convert and are saved. What could be simpler??

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

WisdomVendor
WisdomVendor's picture
User is offlineOffline

BobSpence1 wrote:

GypsyWytch wrote:

There you go.

Hey Bob,

I'm new here, but I've read many of your reponses and it seems you write as I think. 

You mention the expression "divine intervention" which is something I use in conversation with the more religious types.  I ask them :  "if god is so perfect , and created such a perfect universe, and is without flaw , why is it that the term "divine intervention" even exists? "why would a perfect god have to intervene in his own perfect creation if he is an all powerful perfect god?  "And if he did intervene, would that not be an admission by this perfect god of being imperfect?"

My god has a hammer, jesus was nailed to a cross. Any questions?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I like that. Yes

I like that. Yes indeed.

*Monty Burns voice*

Excellent.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Psychosavant
Psychosavant's picture
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

Disprove Pandora's Box, Prometheus's fire, the minotaur on Crete, the existence of a teapot orbiting Jupiter... well, I think my point is made.

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Someone might want to

Someone might want to convince me of the actual existence of Jesus as anything but a literary character before we can get to the magic tricks.