God is Real!

BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
User is offlineOffline
God is Real!

My name is Badway and I believe in God, Elohim, Allah or whatever you wish to refer to the higher Deity. I understand how easy it is to be atheist or even agnostic , especially in this day and time however, the evidence of Gods' existence is too overwhelming to push under the rug of disbelief. I'm not here to make enemies nor convert for as a believer in God I also believe in freewill for He Himself is the Author of it. The Bible is merely a book not in so much as a book of laws but a handbook on how to live and treat each other and nature itself. The book is an inspirational work of literary art written by various authors to report their divine relationship with their creator. The Bible does not conflict with the theory of evolution nor contradicts it but does emphasize our development as we understand it. Many of the stories in this book are parables and allegories meant to relate our minds to our experiences and learn the message that is to be gained from it. Many of these stories are not meant to be taken as fact which is usually the main reason "Christians" and non theists supporters debate almost ironically religiously. The belief in God is not religion nor the acceptance of Christ as their Lord and savior but yet man has made a religion of it. The Messiah preached against religion so The Christ and atheists are in agreement. In other words religion is wrong whether it be Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Wiccan, or Voodoo too name a few. I know many atheist will contend such facts as Zoroastorism being a precursor to Christianity and that some of it's precepts may have come from that including Islam as well. The Bible speaks of God's nemesis the devil as being the father of lies which stands to reason that all of our alleged knowledge of particular subjects may have been authored by the evil one himself. It is okay to question, I do it all the time, however it is not okay to deny your God or His love excuse me unlimited love for each and every one of you. I will respect all of you who wish to correspond with me but let it be known I am no expert on God's holy word or any other subject, I am a believer because of things in my life that have transpired and luck nor coincidence can justify it. Bless you all and good luck to all of you. Sincerely yours Badway...it's kind of funny though when you think about the word atheist..break it down and you have A Theist..I'd like to think that's a practical joke planted by your pick..either God or Devil but it's ironic no matter how you look at it..maybe more appropo would be non-theist...take care hope to hear from you...

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think you have defined your god quite nicely, Badway

BADWAY wrote:

You would have a better chance at sneaking up on your own shadow or reflection in the mirror...but good luck with that!

He is a shadow, a reflection.

BTW, I like your sexy new look.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Tired of the BS
Tired of the BS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Reply to Badway

"Thirdly, in historic texts Jesus is mentioned throughout history. In Islam they not only believe that Jesus existed they also believe He had a supernatural birth."

Jesus has indeed been mentioned throughout history... for the last 2000 years, usually in conjunction with the claim that he is just about to return any second now. History is a good bit longer than the last 2,000 years however. Prior to his birth 2,000 years ago, not surprisingly, there is no mention of Jesus at all.

As for what Islam thinks of Jesus, let's have a look:

157. "That they said (in boast) "We have killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the apostle of Allah";-- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:--."

158. Rather, Allah raised him up to Him. Allah is Mighty, the Wise. (Koran, Su 4:157-158).

So, Jesus was neither crucified, nor was he raised from the dead. Instead God raised him up bodily to heaven. If the Quran is correct, then Christianity is constructed on a lie. If, on the other hand, Jesus was resurrected from the dead, then the Quran, God's perfect word according to Muslims, is in error. That would never do. Both sides can't possibly be right, can they! The question of who is right and who is wrong sort of turns on ones individual indoctrination, doesn't it!