Conservapedia is a joke.

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Conservapedia is a joke.

Without getting into what it says about us ignorant atheists , take a look at this excerpt from the harry potter article...

''The books also present witches and wizards as being both normal people and abundant. This deceit causes children to likewise accept magic and witchcraft as normal, and they identify with the children in the books, again furthering their acceptance and witchcraft. The reality about magic - that witches are evil and, thankfully, not COMMON(wtf) - is not presented.''

''The Harry Potter series is written in a way that embeds fantasy and wizardry into a real world setting. This could potentially lead to some children potentially exploring witchcraft, Wicca, and paganism.''

Maybe if you didn't teach them that you can turn water into wine, they wouldn't think that you can turn an animal into a cup.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky wrote:Us ignorant atheist

I can understand the point ,do we want our children to grow-up in a world that is full of escapism (F<>K NO) Kids should be focusing their attention on the things that really matter in life.It's like children growing up in Disney Land ( No Critical Thinking Needed )

Signature ? How ?

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
I never thought

I never thought conservapedia was so far gone.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
For a while conservapedia

For a while conservapedia had a picture of Hitler as the first picture for the atheism and the evolution articles and two pictures of Hitler as the first two pictures on the Charles Darwin article. They actually have cleaned up a lot. If you read their atheism and evolution artices now and think they are bad, just keep in mind that they were a lot worse.

If anyone here wants a good laugh read this: http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Lenski_dialog

Basically a professor ran a lengthy experiment in which eventually E. Coli evolved the ability to metabolize citrate. The founder of Conservapedia thought that was false because evolution isn't real. The letters these two men exchanged are worth a few chuckles. The professor's second letter was an epic smackdown of the founder of conservapedia.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
hmmm apparently my ip is

hmmm apparently my ip is blocked over there for being a liberal troll.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:If anyone

Jormungander wrote:

If anyone here wants a good laugh read this: http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:Lenski_dialog

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!

The pwnage.....it's so brutal, so absolute, so overwhelming, like taking a lollipop from a baby.

How can conservapedia have this on their site? Don't they censor/delete this kind of stuff? 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

Jormungander wrote:

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!

The pwnage.....it's so brutal, so absolute, so overwhelming, like taking a lollipop from a baby.

How can conservapedia have this on their site? Don't they censor/delete this kind of stuff? 

Simple. They don't think they are wrong so obviously they must, without a doubt, be right!

You can't ignore that from-the-gut-logic!

Btw, I had someone quote conservapedia as a reliable source to me in an argument roughly 3 months ago.

It was a bit distressing that there are people that actually think it is unbiased. They were using it for a definition of "neo atheism".

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:

It gives me :

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at www.conservapedia.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org&quotEye-wink
    * Are you certain this domain address exists?  Its registration may have expired.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites?  Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?  Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Can somebody post the letters here?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The site appears to be down

The site appears to be down for whatever reason.  I had t on screen last night and it is gone for me as well.

The wayback machine has it but it is really slow that way.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guys... Part of me is now

Guys...

Part of me is now officially tempted to call Poe on Conservipedia after seeing this article in which they want to edit the Bible to remove Liberal bias.  The Conservative Bible Poject.  Holy Fuck.

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF

MichaelMcF wrote:

Guys...

Part of me is now officially tempted to call Poe on Conservipedia after seeing this article in which they want to edit the Bible to remove Liberal bias.  The Conservative Bible Poject.  Holy Fuck.

Hmmm, re-edit the Bible to portray a more conservative viewpoint ? 

Well for starters those many acts of ethnic cleansing perpetrated by God's chosen people could be referred to as "collateral damage" from their (ahem ) military campaigns...doesn't sound nearly as vile as "genocide", does it ? 

And after the Hebrews were through killing men, women, and children and then went and plundered their enemies and stole their possessions, well that unfortunately was a case of "mission creep".

And all those slaves the Hebrews kept to perform menial tasks ?,  well they weren't really slaves they were just "temp workers" because the Hebrews decided it would be cheaper to out-source those jobs. 

and so on and so forth...

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Similarly, here's a page on

Similarly, here's a page on creationwiki that might be worth checking out, even just for the lulz.

http://www.creationwiki.org/Anticreationist_youtube_debate_tactics

In particular, they have a "Where to start blocking" list, which will, unintentionally, probably lead to some confident Creationist's deconversion.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

Jormungander wrote:

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!

I'm sure they wanted to, but in the second letter Lenski promised to sue them if they didn't print his reply in full.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/10/06/2009-10-06_conservapediacoms_conservative_bible_project_aims_to_deliberalize_the_bible.html

This is hilarious to me.

New Conservative Standard version of the bible may be the next version people are quoting things from.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:For a

Jormungander wrote:

For a while conservapedia had a picture of Hitler as the first picture for the atheism and the evolution articles and two pictures of Hitler as the first two pictures on the Charles Darwin article. They actually have cleaned up a lot. If you read their atheism and evolution artices now and think they are bad, just keep in mind that they were a lot worse.

Basically a professor ran a lengthy experiment in which eventually E. Coli evolved the ability to metabolize citrate. The founder of Conservapedia thought that was false because evolution isn't real. The letters these two men exchanged are worth a few chuckles. The professor's second letter was an epic smackdown of the founder of conservapedia.

That link is gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF

MichaelMcF wrote:

Guys...

Isn't there a divine edict about that? Why yes there is.

Rev. 22:18-19

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

Maybe if all the conservanazis rot in hell, heaven might be worthwhile.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Oh but they are!

This is one of the things they have to say about the trading card game Magic: The Gathering:

''The card game very quickly came under scrutiny for its inclusion of dark magic elements, such as demons. It was only after strong criticism from concerned families that these elements were scaled back. However, in recent years demons have been returning to Magic(rofl)[2].

Pastor David Brown has identified four key problems with the game:[3]

• 1) The primary focus on the occult
  • 2) The violent nature of the game(Yeah cause nothing says violent like placing cards on a table and then... dun..dun..dun.. place them SIDEWAYS.)
  • 3) The addictive nature of the game
  • 4) The identification of the players with evil characters.

To demonstrate the abundance of occult themes in the game there are 58 demon, 38 witch, 26 vampire, 228(ftw) zombie, 103 horror, and 6 devil cards.[4]

Additionally, a number of cards feature unrealistic and unusually sexy depictions of female characters. ''

Oooh yeeaaaah...

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh yeeeaaah nothing says

Oh yeeeaaah nothing says sexy like the undead  

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF

MichaelMcF wrote:
Guys...

Part of me is now officially tempted to call Poe on Conservipedia after seeing this article in which they want to edit the Bible to remove Liberal bias. The Conservative Bible Poject. Holy Fuck.

Yah, well it is running on media wiki, so anyone can Poe them at will. Off hand, I tend to agree with you as far as that page being a Poe.

Actually, read the history and talk on that page as they are in the middle of an edit war that is actually pretty humorous. Apparently, over night, someone suggested replacing the name Matthew as it is used by Hollywood liberals (Matthew Perry, Matt Damon, Matthew Broderick) and replacing it with a “more conservative name such as 'Steven' or 'Colbert'.”

Also, they are having a snit over whether to include the Pericope in the new bible. Now really, how many mental giants do you think they have to know that that is not part of original canon?

Heck but I might make an account over there so that I can suggest removing the last 12 verses of Mark. Hell but the KJV is pretty specific in the foot notes that that part should not be taken seriously. That and the fact that only 500 ignorant fucks from West Virginia would actually miss it. Honestly, the world would probably be a better place if they got hold of some real African or Australian venomous snakes and not just the timber rattlers that they normally use.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

MichaelMcF wrote:
Guys...

Part of me is now officially tempted to call Poe on Conservipedia after seeing this article in which they want to edit the Bible to remove Liberal bias. The Conservative Bible Poject. Holy Fuck.

Yah, well it is running on media wiki, so anyone can Poe them at will. Off hand, I tend to agree with you as far as that page being a Poe.

Actually, read the history and talk on that page as they are in the middle of an edit war that is actually pretty humorous. Apparently, over night, someone suggested replacing the name Matthew as it is used by Hollywood liberals (Matthew Perry, Matt Damon, Matthew Broderick) and replacing it with a “more conservative name such as 'Steven' or 'Colbert'.”

Also, they are having a snit over whether to include the Pericope in the new bible. Now really, how many mental giants do you think they have to know that that is not part of original canon?

Heck but I might make an account over there so that I can suggest removing the last 12 verses of Mark. Hell but the KJV is pretty specific in the foot notes that that part should not be taken seriously. That and the fact that only 500 ignorant fucks from West Virginia would actually miss it. Honestly, the world would probably be a better place if they got hold of some real African or Australian venomous snakes and not just the timber rattlers that they normally use.

You just made people that go to West Virginia megachurches cry.