Pope says Africa under threat from "toxic spiritual garbage"...

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pope says Africa under threat from "toxic spiritual garbage"...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Every time this moron talks

Every time this moron talks about morality I want to smack the crap out of him.

That's funny coming from him "don't use condoms". Not to mention he is head of a fiction club that sells the idea that eating human flesh will magically get you into heaven.

Lets not forget he is also a drivers ed expert and we wouldn't be able to read a speed limit sign without him. We are so retarded compared to the Pope.

Africa's problems stems from lack of resources and lack of education due to asshats like the Pope and his Muslim counterparts selling the poor false hope.

I bet you could auction off the Vatican, turn it into a hotel and with the proceeds wipe out hunger and poverty in Africa. But who cares about the poor, as long as the Pope lives in a palace of the sweat of the gullible who fill the collection plate.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
He's got a problem with

He's got a problem with religious fundamentalism ? That's news to me. I thought that was his thing.

Does this mean he's going to do something about this ? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwyx8UoApOE

About bloody time.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I imagine they love the

I imagine they love the poor, ignorant countries of the world because misery is a great environment to spread their theocracy.

They are far more concerned about saving souls than helping humans in the real world.  I imagine they would rather Africa remain a highly religious but broken continent than see it turn into a highly successful but secular region.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, this is the same

OK, this is the same pope who said that sending condoms to Africa would encourage Africans to get laid and when Africans get laid, they get AIDS? Right?

Just checking...

Also, can we get linkage to the source?  It must have moar lulz in it...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Unfortunately the source is the Metro, the free paper we get on public transport.  I'm trying to source a link elswhere

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF wrote:Answers in

MichaelMcF wrote:

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Unfortunately the source is the Metro, the free paper we get on public transport.  I'm trying to source a link elswhere

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/04/pope-benedict-africa-catholic-synod

I originally saw it on...either BBC or CNN.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/04/pope-benedict-africa-catholic-synod

I originally saw it on...either BBC or CNN.

Much Obliged.

Pope FuckNugget the Millionth wrote:

Groups claiming to be from religious backgrounds are spreading across the continent.

"They are doing so in the name of God, but with a logic that is opposed to divine logic: teaching and working not with love and respect for freedom, but with intolerance and violence," he said.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Pope Kettle, meet Mr. Pot.

Pope Kettle, meet Mr. Pot. Do you know Mr. Pot says you're black, Pope Kettle?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Pope Kettle,

jcgadfly wrote:

Pope Kettle, meet Mr. Pot. Do you know Mr. Pot says you're black, Pope Kettle?

But you don't understand, our religion is the right one, it says so in our holy book!

Duh!!!

(Said to the poor, starving, uneducated masses from inside his warm golden robe with his golden crown and golden scepter.)

What a dick.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
What should be obvious in

What should be obvious in history which is not new, is that even before the modern monotheism "oracles" existed. By any name these were people claiming to have an inside track to the super being that could connect them to a utopia. In the Catholic faith they call that "oracle" the Pope, and his underlings "bishops and priests" . In Islam they call them Imams AND clerics. With Hebrews, they call them Rabbis.

As soon as the species realize that their is no utopia, these comic book salesmen will cease to have power.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog