Rational response needed to serious spiritual conundrum

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rational response needed to serious spiritual conundrum

I have died and as I am a sinner I've been cast into the fiery pit of hell, replete with demons, pitchforks and eternal re-runs of my three sons.

When I died my earthly body passed away and I became a spirit. Given the fundamentals of convection, how long can my spirit remain in

the lake of fire before being wafted up to heaven?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, that all depends

Well, that all depends on the nature of hell.

If Hell is endothermic, then you are pretty much screwed as convection is relatively unimportant. Eventually, hell will freeze over and you will be stuck there.

On the other hand, if Hell is endothermic, then all that you need to worry about is how long it will take for all hell to break loose. After that, you can go wherever you want.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You used endothermic for

You used endothermic for both descriptions. Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I have died and as I am a sinner I've been cast into the fiery pit of hell, replete with demons, pitchforks and eternal re-runs of my three sons.

When I died my earthly body passed away and I became a spirit. Given the fundamentals of convection, how long can my spirit remain in

the lake of fire before being wafted up to heaven?

I don't think you want to act like a troll if you expect to last long on this forum. If you have something you want to debate us about, we would be more than happy to take you on.

Your metaphoric tripe will not sit well with the mods.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You used

Vastet wrote:
You used endothermic for both descriptions. :P

Crap!  And in one of the forums where I can't edit my own posts even.  OK it is an exothermic hell that must eventually break loose.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Vastet wrote:
You used endothermic for both descriptions. :P

Crap!  And in one of the forums where I can't edit my own posts even.  OK it is an exothermic hell that must eventually break loose.

Of course you cant, you are a Republican. What does that have to do with anything?

To quote Spaceballs, "Lonestar, I am your father's brother's cousin's former roommate."

"So what does that make us?"

"Absolutely nothing"

Just being silly.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm no troll, my friend

And I hope my sense of humour doesn't offend anyone.

But rather than accept that all I'm talking is metaphorical crap I'd like to point out that

while some people have brains the size of bathtubs, there are those of us whose disbelief

is spawned in a different way. When you consider the fact that when I'm dead I'll be devoid of

nerve endings, neurons or any capacity to feel, the lake of fire concept is obvious bullshit.

It's the little inconsistencies in the doctrine that matter to me, whether or not they are important 

to you is not my problem.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Well, @ brian37:  

Well, @ brian37:

That is just the thing, I took the questions (both here and in the other thread) as somewhat humorous and thus I provided a humorous answer. Even so, sometimes such a thread can end up turning to a good enough discussion. Perhaps you remember the guy we had around here last spring (I think his forum handle was Julio or something similar) who asked a bunch of strange questions. His threads often became interesting discussions.

Anyway, @ AthiestExtreme:

Don't worry about having been called a troll. Even if it were true (and I am assuming not) we are fairly odd around here in that we feed the trolls just to see what they will do next. So you are not likely to arouse any ire on the part of the mods the way that you are going.

In any case, we all come to atheism in our own way (and it is not even a single destination BTW) and we all have our own needs and questions to deal with. As far as the whole “after you are dead” thing goes, I would like to point out that you apparently spent approximately 13,700,000,000 years not alive before you became alive. The same holds true for all of us. I don't think that I am going too far out on a limb to say that the universe will do just fine after we are done with it.

What matters is that you get your kicks while you have the chance. If it helps you to frame your questions in the way that you have been, well knock yourself out dude.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
More humor

We need more humor on this site,  even the weird kinky type;  The kinkier the better.  I rather like the way Atheistextreme writes,  have you read any of his other postings?

One thing .....extreme, the way you spell humor (humour) makes me think you are Canadian, art thou and/or what city  are you in?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm Australian

And I live in Sydney.

It's nice to live in Australia which is allegedly the most secular country on earth.

At the last election our PM was asked if he'd be consulting god on the running of the nation.

He paused lengthily beofre replying that he'd be consulting the public service.

Not sure a U.S. president could have snuck that one through.