http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhOJsxCT4Tc

Calling out around the world,
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right
For praisin' in the street - Praisin' in Chicago
Down in New Orleans - In New York City

All we need is Jesus, sweet Jesus, There'll be Jesus everywhere
There'll be swingin' swayin' and records playin', - praisin' in the street
Oh it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there.
So come on everyone, grab a Bible, Everywhere, around the world

There'll be praisin' - praisin' in the street
This is an invitation across the nation, a chance for folks to meet.
There'll be laughin' singin' and music swingin' - praisin’ in the street

Philadelphia P.A. - Baltimore in D.C now,
Can't forget the Motor City
On the streets of Brazil
Back in the USSR - don’t matter where you are

All we need is Jesus, sweet Jesus
There'll be Jesus everywhere
There'll be swingin' swayin' and records playin' - praisin' in the street

Oh it doesn't matter what you wear - Just as long as you are there.
So come on everyone, grab a Bible, Everywhere, around the world

They're praisin' - praisin' in the street
Way down in L.A., everyday , praisin' in the street
Cross in China too, me and you
Praisin’ in the street

Don’t you know
They’ll be praisin’- praisin’ in the street

Don’t you know
They’ll be Alleluia
Praisin’ Praisin’ in the street

Copyright@ 2009 (All Rights Reserved)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, you need to remove

OK, you need to remove your copyright notice jackass.

I am a working musician, so I know what I am talking about. You think that you are cute but you are not. That song was written in 1964 by Marvin Gaye and it is currently still under copyright in the original form.

Even if the copyright had lapsed, you would not be able to claim a copyright on it as it would have become public property and your version would remain derivative of that.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Christian Parody

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK, you need to remove your copyright notice jackass.

I am a working musician, so I know what I am talking about. You think that you are cute but you are not. That song was written in 1964 by Marvin Gaye and it is currently still under copyright in the original form.

Even if the copyright had lapsed, you would not be able to claim a copyright on it as it would have become public property and your version would remain derivative of that.

Then you are well aware with the parody exception to copyright law. And the parody may take a copyright status as a parody.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote: Then you

stephen1969 wrote:

Then you are well aware with the parody exception to copyright law. And the parody may take a copyright status as a parody.

Except your interpretation isn't a parody.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
It kind of makes you wonder

It kind of makes you wonder what horrors these folks are inflicting on "I Heard It Through The Grapevine."

Conor

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:stephen1969

geirj wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

I await the lawsuit to defend worshipping Jesus in the streets.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969, it has come to

stephen1969, it has come to my attention that you are incredibly lame. Go away.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:geirj

stephen1969 wrote:

geirj wrote:

stephen1969 wrote:

I await the lawsuit to defend worshipping Jesus in the streets.

Ok I'll repeat geirj's statement because your answer had nothing to do with it.  Your interpretation isn't a parody.  A parody is a send-up, mocking commentary or spoof of the original.  This is none of the above.

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

stephen1969
User is offlineOffline
Parody, according to wiki...

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədiː/; also called send-up or spoof), in contemporary usage, is a work created to mock, comment on, or poke fun at an original work, its subject, or author, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon (2000: 7) puts it, "parody … is imitation with a critical difference, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith (2000: 9), defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice." Often, the most satisfying element of a good parody is seeing others mistake it for the genuine article.

Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has a rather wider meaning than for other art forms), and cinema. Parodies are sometimes colloquially referred to as spoofs or lampoons.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey!  the troll discovered

Hey!  the troll discovered the dictionary!  That right there puts him a cut above most theist trolls.

Now, are you going to explain how your equate theft with humor?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
stephen1969 wrote:A parody

stephen1969 wrote:

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədiː/; also called send-up or spoof), in contemporary usage, is a work created to mock, comment on, or poke fun at an original work, its subject, or author, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon (2000: 7) puts it, "parody … is imitation with a critical difference, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith (2000: 9), defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice." Often, the most satisfying element of a good parody is seeing others mistake it for the genuine article.

Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has a rather wider meaning than for other art forms), and cinema. Parodies are sometimes colloquially referred to as spoofs or lampoons.

Ohhh I see, you are mocking religion! Sooo then you are an atheist?

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ahem....Has anybody bothered

Ahem....

Has anybody bothered to ask if there has been a real attempt to copyright this drivel?  If he's just posting bullshit copyright symbols online, there's probably not much to do but call him an idiot and edit his post.  If there's been a copyright attempt, and any attempt to use the copyrighted material for profit, a polite letter to to the original copyright holder might be in order.  AIGS can't bring a suit, but there are people who could...

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism