Atheist Apocalypse...

nostro
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Apocalypse...

nothing you liars ever say or do means anything:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/jref-news/640-million-dollar-challenge-update-its-not-ending.html

HOW WE WON THE JAMES RANDI MILLION DOLLAR PARANORMAL CHALLENGE:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=264

the objective was simple:

1) to reveal that Nostradamus was a genuine prophet who could predict

the future with 100% accuracy;

2) to demonstrate that prophecy and atheism are not compatible with

each other and are mutually exclusive;

3) therefore dawkins, pz, randi and their skeptic atheist followers

were deluded liars...

and we achieved our MISSION 100%...

http://www.zerotime.com/lostbook/nospre.htm

"For God's mercy will be poured forth only for a certain time, my son,

until the majority of my prophecies are fulfilled and this fulfillment

is complete. Then *****SEVERAL TIMES***** in the course of the doleful

tempests the Lord shall say: Therefore I shall crush and destroy and

show no mercy; and many other circumstances shall result from floods

and continual rain of which I have written more fully in my other

prophecies, composed at some length, not in a chronological sequence,

in prose, limiting the places and times and ****EXACT DATES**** so

that future generations will see, while experiencing these

****INEVITABLE EVENTS****, how I have listed others in clearer

language, so that despite their obscurities these things shall be

understood: When the time comes for the removal of ignorance, the

matter will be clearer still."

UNDERSTAND?

[attempted mod edit for formatting]

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your strange, long headerThe

Your strange, long header

The incoherent ranting

I don't understand.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
CTRL + F "sense" Not Found.

CTRL + F "sense"

Not Found.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
 hmmm, well. the "accuracy"

hmmm, well. the "accuracy" of "prophecy" is purely subjective, so that part of the challenge is meaningless. 

hmmmm. i had no idea there as any kind theory suggesting that prophecy and atheism were compatible. i've been an atheist for 25 years and the only musing i've ever had on "prophecy" is that it falls in the same category as alien anal probes and elvis sightings, so that part of the challenge is also meaningless.

hmmmm. part 3 is just angry ranting. so it's meaningless as well.

hmmmm. so i guess that means this whole post was meaningless and you're an idiot.

oh, well. bye.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Possibly David is back.  I

Possibly David is back.  I hope he gave it a good shake.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Okay, let's take a look at your post, nostro...

1. Your link to the Million Dollar Challenge (along with the possibly libelous accusation of being "liars,&quotEye-wink seems to indicate that Randi considered shutting down the MDC because of staffing issues.  I don't see anything about anybody winning the million dollars.  Given your accusation of lying, I take it that you can prove that Randi is just trying to get out of shelling out a million bucks, am I correct?  You can *prove* this, right?

2. Or, maybe not.  You said yourself that you wanted to "reveal" Nostradamus as a prophet.  What, you've got God on speed dial, and He promised to give a little public theophany on Nostradamus' behalf?  Where did you get this?  (Or did you just get sloppy with what you might have meant to say--that you can "prove" or "demonstrate" Nostradamus' "genuine prophet" status?)

3. Not to mention that Nostradamus is an interesting choice of "prophet" to...uh..."reveal."  What, nobody from your church is prophet enough for you?  Or did you just forget to look for evidence in your church members' "prophecies?"  Mohammed and/or Joseph Smith were not usable?

4. How do you plan on proving Nostradamus' "100% accuracy?"  The man wrote *poetry.*  Sure, if we wish to assume that it's accurate, and then try to shoehorn what he wrote into actual historical events, we could probably prove him, or anyone else, to be a prophet.  But this process would be the furthest thing from an actual proof.  The only thing that would be successfully proven by such a procedure is the creativity of the "interpreters" of the "prophecy."  If, for example, Nostradamus wrote something to the effect of "Before the twentieth century following the birth of Christ* is done, human beings will have set foot on the Moon, and planted a flag there." then we might have something to consider.  But...for crying out loud...would you please *read* some of what he actually wrote? (* = Personally, I don't actually believe that Jesus of Nazareth lived as an actual human being, but I'm willing to make allowances for the high probability that Nostradamus did, given his time frame and place of residence.

5. So...taking all of this into account...how does this end up with anything other than *skepticism* being demonstrated...as sound, and sane, policy with respect to "prophecies?"

Conor

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too much fail....System

Too much fail....System overload...

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Too much

Vastet wrote:
Too much fail....System overload...

you put it too kindly.

tbh the only interesting thing i have seen here is that he is apparently using microsoft explorer 4? wtf?

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Btw are there any of his

Btw are there any of his prophicies that have been said what they mean before they happened and been right? I seem to remember he predicted the world would end  9 years ago......

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Tapey...Nostradamus'

Tapey...Nostradamus' (probable) most famous prophecy involves a "Hister" in the WWII era.  Of course Nostradamus' fan club wants very badly for you to think "Hister" = Hitler, and thus conclude that Nostradamus is indeed a prophet.

Now...what *I* want to know about Nostradamus is...has anyone tried to make any of his jelly recipies?  If so, do they have a decent taste?  If Nostradamus has indeed contributed anything to humanity, my bet is that it is his recipie book.

Conor