Pretend atheists and the OT

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretend atheists and the OT

Although this was originally directed towards a specific person this gives a partial list of reasons why claiming not to believe in the god does not pass muster as a pretense of neutrality in the matter of the OT.

These attempts to treat the OT different from other ancient documents while avoiding naming the religious content as a reason for special considerations is like thinking one can get away with "intelligent design" if one simply avoids mentioning creation.

These advocates use it to explain every archaeological find in bibleland in terms of the OT. Everything is given a biblical connection when it has nothing specific to the OT.

Worse many things which contradicts the OT are found -- but nothing to confirm it. When it clearly contradicts the OT such as coins with pagan or images of things in nature are found it is "explained" the things are an exception to the biblical mandates for some imagined reason.

This is done with a straight face even though it is not permitted any place else in the world.

And this means finds are not interpreted in terms of their archaeological context but in the bible context regardless of the archaeology.

That it is something special whose obvious nonsense must be explained in some sophisticated manner rather than simply taken as evidence of an amateurish creation by babbling ayatollah type wackos.

That it represents the religion of Judea at some point in time while we know from archaeology and from surviving documents that it was not.

That is contains elements of the real history of the region when what has been found in the region precludes and directly contradicts that belief.

It also appears you believe it represents some sort of advanced religious thinking when it is the most primitive of all ancient religious ideas so far uncovered.

That there is something special about the people who were oppressed by the guardians of this extremist, backward sect who referred to themselves as priests.

You hold it is something that should be taken beyond its face value as an indicator of just one oddball sect.

You also believe by not openly ascribing to belief in the pseudo-religious content you can cover up the fact that you hold it as something special based solely upon its religious content as there is no reason other than religion to hold it as anything special.

If you think there are other reasons you have yet to express them.

=====

To this I can add a regular allegation, that I only debunk the OT because of antisemitism. This implies the OT in some manner special simply because Jews use it. The fact is its association with a recognized religion give it no more standing that ianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. In general Judaism has no ifferent standing from any other religion including Islam, the Later Day Saints and the Church of Scientology.

Treating the OT differently is a belief it is something worthy of special consideration.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
And here I thought your

And here I thought your debunking of the OT was because it was worthy of debunking.

Your perception of Palestinian Arabs being the sole victims when both sides have criminals probably does more to create the view of your antisemitism far more than your bashing of the OT.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?????????

This is the first;   and maybe the only time  that I respond to one of your posts.           You should consider  yourself lucky.            I suggest you sign up for "English as a second language" course;  you really need it.   Secondly write of things you know about;  This topic is clearly not one of them.   thirdly-- go to bed now,  you need a nappy time out.  Write again when you reach the I.Q. age of 5,   and not before then.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

jcgadfly wrote:
And here I thought your debunking of the OT was because it was worthy of debunking.
It is very worthy and in great need not only of debunking but in eliminating all special treatment of it and pleadings for it as something exceptional for any reason.

jcgadfly wrote:
Your perception of Palestinian Arabs being the sole victims when both sides have criminals probably does more to create the view of your antisemitism far more than your bashing of the OT.

No one made Jews go to Palestine and drive out the Palestinians and steal their land. No adult could possibly believe the owners would not use every means available including deadly force to retrieve their private property from the thieves. Zionism has been openly criminal since Jabotinsky in the 1920s.

It is inconceivable that the people who chose to commit these heinous crimes -- murder, theft, ethnic cleansing -- could possibly be seen as victims of what they freely chose for themselves and their children.

The use of deadly force to retrieve private property when all legal means have been exhausted is completely moral and ethical and in fact legal when there is no competent authority to restore the stolen property. Those who were born there can curse their parents and leave. No one is stopping them. But the blame goes to their parents not to the victims of their parents.

If you can find a way to blame the victims you be sure to post it so I can expose it as nonsense in detail.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jeffrick wrote:
This is the first;   and maybe the only time  that I respond to one of your posts.  

You should consider  yourself lucky. 
I feel left out. I encourage you to post. 
Jeffrick wrote:
I suggest you sign up for "English as a second language" course;  you really need it.   Secondly write of things you know about;  This topic is clearly not one of them.   thirdly-- go to bed now,  you need a nappy time out.  Write again when you reach the I.Q. age of 5,   and not before then.
 I welcome and encourage your posts to show me where I am in error. Please, find the time in your busy schedule to educate me. Even though eternal gratitude does not last forever, you will have mine.

www.ussliberty.org

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Not blaming anyone - simply

Not blaming anyone - simply acknowledging the bastards on both sides.

all Jews != zionists like all Germans != Nazis and all Arabs != terrorists.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

jcgadfly wrote:
Not blaming anyone - simply acknowledging the bastards on both sides.
No one is perfect if that is what you mean. But the Palestinians are the only victims in the matter of Israel. No Jew can possibly be considered a victim.

jcgadfly wrote:
all Jews != zionists like all Germans != Nazis and all Arabs != terrorists.

I feel no obligation to make such distinctions just because Jews are involved. Such distinctions are never made by jewish Israelis when it comes to Arabs and I certainly not holier than they. And in practice were I to say not all Jews support the crime of the existence of Israel not one person in a thousand could tell me where to find the trivial number of Jews who do. The crime is different from the sin of the existence of this Israel and the group of Jews which so considers it sinful is larger than the other but still I doubt more than one in a thousand could identify who they are.

It is largely the same for the Germans save I know of no group that does in fact not consider all Germans the same as Nazis.

Distinctions in theory which do not exist in practice demonstrate only being out of touch with the real world.

www.ussliberty.org