Got Ten Minutes and a Strong Stomach?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Got Ten Minutes and a Strong Stomach?

Ben Stein is one of my least favorite people in the world.  Watching this video is harder than watching Kirk Cameron, and that's saying a lot. 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoops... linked to the

Whoops... linked to the wrong one.  Here's the right one:

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
All of Thunderfoot's stuff

All of Thunderfoot's stuff is good

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Have you watched it yet?

Have you watched it yet? It's even worse than it looks. It's not just completely devoid of any understanding of science or the scientific method, it's basically just an hour and a half long ad hominem against anyone who doesn't believe in ID.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You mean have I watched

You mean have I watched Expelled?  I tried.  I couldn't.

Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Personally, I don't think

Personally, I don't think that there are enough drugs in the world to make watching that movie possible.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
cervello_marcio wrote: Have

cervello_marcio wrote:

Have you watched it yet? It's even worse than it looks. It's not just completely devoid of any understanding of science or the scientific method, it's basically just an hour and a half long ad hominem against anyone who doesn't believe in ID.

I don't think the insults came from Thunderfoot (unless he was excoriating the IDiots).

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

cervello_marcio
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

cervello_marcio wrote:

I don't think the insults came from Thunderfoot (unless he was excoriating the IDiots).

I meant the actual movie Expelled, I love thunderf00ts stuff.

And yeah my friend and I thought we would be getting a big laugh out of it and ended up being deeply offended at his characterizations of rationalists and skeptics. 

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Science leads you to killing

Science leads you to killing people? WTF, Ben Stein!

You take that back now or my science will come and kill you!

Seriously, though, what a dull fucker he is. Utterly devoid of humor.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I quite like the guy... he

I quite like the guy... he make me giggle.

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I love this collection of

I love this collection of videos. I sat down and watched to whole set one day. 

cervello_marcio
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: I

marshalltenbears wrote:

I love this collection of videos. I sat down and watched to whole set one day. 

Same. The best ones are the Kent Hovind series.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you've watched the video

If you've watched the video and you're feeling like humanity is basically slime with hats, I present the following article as an antidote:

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/greatergoodscience/?p=235

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence