You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

So I came across this site

http://omegle.com/

That randomly hooks you up with a stranger chat style, the stranger could be from anywhere. [BTW if you're a guy, get ready to be disconnected ]

Some people can be weird, others okay.

Anyway, this also brings up the subject of internet paranoia.

Predators, pervs, girls sending half naked pics of themselves etc....

So I'll ask:

Do you think the internet safety thing is overblown, or is it a legitimate issue? Would you let your kid use this?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:That randomly hooks

Quote:
That randomly hooks you up with a stranger chat style, the stranger could be from anywhere. [BTW if you're a guy, get ready to be disconnected ]

So is it all guys trying to talk to girls, and they disconnect when they get paired with another guy?  Seems like... why would any girls go on there? 

Quote:
Anyway, this also brings up the subject of internet paranoia.

Predators, pervs, girls sending half naked pics of themselves etc....

I've never felt like girls sending half naked pics of themselves was causing harm to anybody, but that aside... yeah, there are some predators out and about.

Quote:
Do you think the internet safety thing is overblown, or is it a legitimate issue? Would you let your kid use this?

Well, yes and no.  I'd say the main thing people have to worry about on the internet is not bodily safety but information safety.  Personality theft is a real pain in the ass, and there are plenty of people who have fallen victim to it.  

As far as personal safety, I think it's pretty overblown.  In the first place, predators don't really need the internet in most cases.  There are much easier ways to find someone to rape or rob than to lure someone from the internet.  The internet's a big place, and you have no assurance (as a predator) that the person on the other end of the conversation is really a potential prey.  It might be the law.  It might be some jerkoff from Ontario getting his jollies on the Austin, Tx board.  It might be a group of skinheads who like beating the shit out of child molesters.  In other words, the predator is playing from ignorance, too.

There was, however, an interesting post on the Atlanta Craigslist a few weeks ago that made the local blog rounds.  Apparently, there's some dude and his wife that pose as just a woman who's offering free blowjobs if you'll meet her in the parking lot of some store in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere.  Surprise, surprise, she shows up with her dude, and they make off with all your valuables and leave you with no pants and an embarrassing story to make up when you get back home.  The rumors are that this couple has a pretty wide area, too... several states.

So yeah, there are predators.  The thing is, unless things have changed drastically in the last year or two, the vast majority of predator-prey type crimes take place outside of the internet.   Either that, or there's a vast conspiracy to suppress just how dangerous it really is.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
You: HelloStranger: i am a

You: HelloStranger: i am a maths teacher, if you have any question please ask me You: Um, not really. Stranger: please givea answer Stranger: I fuck you You: Really? Stranger: yes You: Then bend over. Stranger: please tell me you are female or male You: Male. If you want to fuck, you will have to present your butt hole for the event. Stranger: I am sorry ,I fuck only female

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Seems like... why

Quote:
Seems like... why would any girls go on there?

Two words:

Fat chicks.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You: Hello!Stranger:

Quote:

You: Hello!

Stranger: white powerYou: HELL YEAH!You: Fuck brown people.Stranger: nah nigga im blackYou: Sticking out tongueStranger: not cool nStranger: broYou: My daddy says not to talk to black ppl.Stranger: well, your daddy, isnt your daddy.Stranger: being black, i am yo daddy.You: :/Stranger: weed is good for your souldStranger: soul

I meeted a black white supremecist.

I liked him. Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hahaha How funny, my first

Hahaha

How funny, my first time on and it is about sex.   Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Connecting to

Connecting to server...Looking for someone you can chat with. Hang on.You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!A word of advice: "asl" is boring. Please find something more interesting to talk about!Stranger: you dont know me and wont ever talk to me again, so whats your darkest secret? ill tell you mine tooYou: Are you a sexually receptive female?Your conversational partner has disconnected.            I guess you're right about the guy thing. It's kind of like our ancesestors 100Million years ago. Before we learned how to play sexual power games and lieing.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
...Well, I've been *trying*

...Well, I've been *trying* to bait a pedophile, but it just ain't happening. :/

Where the heck are all these predators? Probably on AIM or some shit.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

February 27, 1940

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ha! If you just try a

Ha! If you just try a *little* harder....

...People are still fucking idiots. If I was a cop, *bam*, this guy would be busted for statutory rape. Between Omegle and image shack, his ISP (and subsequently his home address) wouldn't exactly be hard to get.

Moron.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
body {

Omegle conversation log

2009-07-06

Connecting to server...

A word of advice: "asl" is boring. Please find something more interesting to talk about!

Stranger: hi

You: Hello

Stranger: how are u?

You: Good, and you?

Stranger: fine thanks.....where are you from?

You: USA. You?

Stranger: brazil

Stranger: how old are you?

You: 36

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Damn. I didn't even get to mention my 11" penis...

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
A word of advice: "asl" is

A word of advice: "asl" is boring. Please find something more interesting to talk about!

Stranger: female?

You: ALLAH AKBAR

Stranger: female?

You: ALLAH AKBAR

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

I guess the only thing worse than being in your mid-30's is being Muslim.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
So, Kevin, how was it?  

So, Kevin, how was it?

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
LMAO "You have

LMAO

"You have disconnected."

Kevin had all he could take. Probably screaming "Stupid Perv" when he closed the connection.

That's the funniest one.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Random internet stupidity

Random internet stupidity FTW.

This is the most amusing complete waste of bandwidth I've seen in a while.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, Kevin!  Good work! 

Wow, Kevin!  Good work!  Bait 'em out.  By the way, might want to consider sending a net log off to the RCMP or something.  Hmm ...I can see a buisness developing out of this ...

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not bad for a first

Not bad for a first experience ...

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
After several tries and a

After several tries and a whole lot of perverts, I finally had a decent conversation with someone who said they were South Carolinian.  Went on for about 10 minutes and they didn't disconnect after finding out I was Canadian (which happened more than just the once).  A highlight of the conversation was making light of the huge number of perverts on the site and how baiting them was both fun and easy.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Kevin had all he could

Quote:
Kevin had all he could take. Probably screaming "Stupid Perv" when he closed the connection.

Well, we both know where it goes from there. I give it a rating, perv tells me he wants to 'practice' so he doesn't feel 'self conscious' anymore, commence cyber sex felony and request for meet-up.

Then he shows up at the bait house and Nightline films him being busted by the cops. Sticking out tongue

Quote:

February 27, 1940

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:Not bad for a

Thomathy wrote:

Not bad for a first experience ...

Well, to be fair. I can totally relate to the stranger in this one. LMAO.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.