Emergency. I need your help.

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Emergency. I need your help.

I just watched Ben Stein's cockumentary in its entirety and am feeling woozy from rage. If anyone has articles, videos, or any other media relevant to an interesting topic in science, please post them here. I need to push every second of that horrible spectacle out of my head. Peer-reviewed papers welcomed.

I do recommend watching it though. It's important to see what people can get away with saying nowadays. Especially about something like this.

Thanks in advance.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
cervello_marcio wrote:Emergency:I need your help.

I always like to look at "Atheist Nation" they have some very good videos there,and then you got "Richard Dawkins" web site,that has a lot of Science,Biology,and Evolution discussion's and video's there,and I always get a good laugh from watching "George Carlin"video's and stand-up, of Atheist comedian "Doug Standhope".You can also listen to "Science Podcast" at the same name web site. Enjoy !!! 

Signature ? How ?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoa! You watched Ben

Whoa! You watched Ben Stein and you want science?

You don't deserve science. What you deserve in the new law we have in the great state of Connecticut. HB 6552, in case you want to google it.

In the wake of the chimp that tore the woman's face off, we have passed a bill banning wild animals. It specifically lists:

Quote:
(a) No person shall possess a potentially dangerous animal. For the purposes of this section, the following wildlife, or any hybrid thereof, shall be considered [as] potentially dangerous animals:
(1) The felidae, including, but not limited to, the lion, leopard, cheetah, jaguar, ocelot, jaguarundi cat, puma, lynx, [and] bobcat, [the] tiger, serval, caracal, jungle cat and Savannah cat;
(2) The canidae, including, but not limited to, the wolf, [and] coyote and fox; [and the]

If I am reading this correctly, then all cats and dogs are now illegal in Connecticut. On the other hand, chimps are exempted from the general prohibition.

Going further, what is an animal? My definition would be that which has a preference for oxygen vs carbon dioxide. Since the city of Stamford is a corporation, they are a legal entity and may not keep dangerous animals. I can't see how that fails to include the police officer who shot the damned chimp in the first place.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

cervello_marcio
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Ken- Thank you very much,

Ken- Thank you very much, that'll keep me occupied for hours.

AIGS- Has anyone raised those points to the state legislature of the great state of Connecticut yet? hahaha

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Try thunderf00t's channel, I

Try thunderf00t's channel, I like his videos.

P.S. I would watch it, but I am afraid of the consequences.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Whoa! You watched Ben Stein and you want science?

You don't deserve science. What you deserve in the new law we have in the great state of Connecticut. HB 6552, in case you want to google it.

In the wake of the chimp that tore the woman's face off, we have passed a bill banning wild animals. It specifically lists:

Quote:
(a) No person shall possess a potentially dangerous animal. For the purposes of this section, the following wildlife, or any hybrid thereof, shall be considered [as] potentially dangerous animals:
(1) The felidae, including, but not limited to, the lion, leopard, cheetah, jaguar, ocelot, jaguarundi cat, puma, lynx, [and] bobcat, [the] tiger, serval, caracal, jungle cat and Savannah cat;
(2) The canidae, including, but not limited to, the wolf, [and] coyote and fox; [and the]

If I am reading this correctly, then all cats and dogs are now illegal in Connecticut. On the other hand, chimps are exempted from the general prohibition.

Going further, what is an animal? My definition would be that which has a preference for oxygen vs carbon dioxide. Since the city of Stamford is a corporation, they are a legal entity and may not keep dangerous animals. I can't see how that fails to include the police officer who shot the damned chimp in the first place.

Yeah, they banned all cats and dogs.  Probably don't realize it.  They didn't specifically ban chimps?  It is legal for the state to have raccoons or rats?  What about birds?

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Primates fall under the penumbra of the 13th amendment.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Actually, I reread the

Actually, I reread the bill text and it turns out that there is a loophole for cats but only if they are Bengals (which is a hybrid of domestic cat and Asian snow leopard). So apparently, you can have a cat but only if it is huge and half wild in the first place. Actually, I had a Bengal for 18 years and they are hands down one of the most affectionate varieties of cat that one can have. Even so, they are half wild and they will attack strangers if they perceive a threat to their humans.

Also chimps are covered under this bit of dreck legislation. But only because they also outlawed hominids. Hominids are illegal in CT? That makes me wonder if Governor Rell even read the bill or had someone who knows that humans are hominids look it over first.

As far as raccoons and rats, the bill is silent but birds are outlawed as well as fish. That and it is illegal to go hunting on the internet. I was not aware of remote controlled guns but the bill specifies that they are illegal as well. Since Africa is not part of CT, I don't begin to know how they are claiming jurisdiction, nor had I even heard of internet hunting before but apparently, it is possible.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

cervello_marcio
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Actually, I reread the bill text and it turns out that there is a loophole for cats but only if they are Bengals (which is a hybrid of domestic cat and Asian snow leopard). So apparently, you can have a cat but only if it is huge and half wild in the first place. Actually, I had a Bengal for 18 years and they are hands down one of the most affectionate varieties of cat that one can have. Even so, they are half wild and they will attack strangers if they perceive a threat to their humans.

Also chimps are covered under this bit of dreck legislation. But only because they also outlawed hominids. Hominids are illegal in CT? That makes me wonder if Governor Rell even read the bill or had someone who knows that humans are hominids look it over first.

As far as raccoons and rats, the bill is silent but birds are outlawed as well as fish. That and it is illegal to go hunting on the internet. I was not aware of remote controlled guns but the bill specifies that they are illegal as well. Since Africa is not part of CT, I don't begin to know how they are claiming jurisdiction, nor had I even heard of internet hunting before but apparently, it is possible.

Wtf to everything you just said. You're joking, right? 

I guess it's kinda funny in a pitiful way.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
No, I am not joking.  Here

No, I am not joking.  Here is the actual text of what is now Public Act 09-198:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2009/act/Pa/pdf/2009PA-00198-R00HB-06552-PA.PDF

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

cervello_marcio
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:The hominidae,

Quote:

The hominidae, including, but not limited to, the gorilla, chimpanzee and orangutan.  

Wow. You weren't joking.

Quote:

(c) Any such animal illegally possessed may be ordered seized and may be relocated or disposed of as determined by the Commissioner of Environmental Protection.

So basically you can be removed from your house and disposed of at any time. How very fascist.

Quote:

Any person may import one or more reindeer into the state during the period commencing on Thanksgiving Day of each year and ending on the immediately following New Year's Day