How would you die?

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
How would you die?

So I am sitting here in Florida on my patio watching an awesome lighting storm and I was thinking about a dog I had when I was a kid. He was killed by lighting. Maybe it would be cool to ride the lighting on the way out. If you had any choice in the matter how would you want to die? Humor is encouraged in this post. 

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fighting aliens. I'd love to

Fighting aliens. I'd love to check out at the one time the whole world is united a la Independence Day.

Death rays don't hurt, right?

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think that it would be

I think that it would be pretty cool to be standing next to a nuke when it went off.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
It appears that I will be

It appears that I will be taxed to death...

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Fighting

Abu Lahab wrote:

Fighting aliens. I'd love to check out at the one time the whole world is united a la Independence Day.

I would love to go down fighting against invading aliens... but I'd probably be standing too close to one of the buildings they first-strike. Sad

-Triften

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I think that it would be pretty cool to be standing next to a nuke when it went off.

That is a good one. I wonder what it would be like, probably just a flash of light. Like when lighting strikes really close to you. 

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
 I had two Ideas, I would

I had two Ideas, I would either want to fight a grizzly bear with a knife, or set myself on fire and skydive(without a chute) into an erupting volcano. That way I will know what it really feels like to live. 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
The thing theists call god

The thing theists call god will scoop me up off the earth with his big hand

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:It appears

Rich Woods wrote:

You could drive a car full of explosives into the IRS headquarters. 

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Having a heart attack while

Having a heart attack while having sex.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
The way out...... Ta Da!

I'd rather die at age 95 in my own bed..........gunned down by an irrate husband. He can take his wife home afterwards.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
triften wrote:Abu Lahab

triften wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

I would love to go down fighting against invading aliens... but I'd probably be standing too close to one of the buildings they first-strike. Sad

-Triften

Awh... why is it, the humans are always the ones being invaded... cant we invade some alien worlds, and kill all of them, for once?

What Would Kharn Do?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

We have such similar minds, you and I...

I don't like the idea that my final experience will be pain, so I was kind of thinking of dying quietly in my sleep after a night of raucus sex with two women young and vibrant enough to kill an old man like me.  (I hope to be old enough that people will sharply criticize me as a perverted old man when this happens.)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

That is a good one. I wonder what it would be like, probably just a flash of light. Like when lighting strikes really close to you.

Well, if you are standing right next to it, it does not matter as it will happen faster than your brain can process the information. That being said, the specifics would depend on the type of bomb.

A neutron bomb will produce a flash of Xrays powerful enough to smash your atoms apart and you become gas pretty much instantly.

A "gun type" weapon such as Little Boy will pretty much do the same thing.

The more modern 2.5 stage Teller-Ulam device will not produce Xrays outside the physics package but the heat will do pretty much the same thing.

If you are not standing right next to it, then things become more complicated. Most people do not understand the physics of nuclear weapons and just think that one can destroy a city. In reality, that is far from the truth. The fact is that one of the survivors of Hiroshima was only 300 feet (call it 100 meters for the international crowd) from the point directly below where the bomb went off.

Also, most people don't understand that the bombs that we used in Japan were, in fact, huge bombs by modern nuclear standards. Seriously, the interesting bit of a plutonium bomb is about the size of a grapefruit and it can do a shit load of damage. That may seem sobering but far more sobering is the fact that only about 1% of the material actually participates in that damage because the bomb vaporizes itself in the process.

Sure, it is possible to make hydrogen bombs that pack a much larger punch than pure fission bombs but that is not why we make them. The fact is that (even after we have a fully developed nuclear industry) the material to make a fission bomb costs a couple million dollars. To have only a tiny fraction of that material actually used is a waste. So the aforementioned 2.5 stage Teller-Ulam device, while it is a hydrogen bomb, is done not to make bigger bombs but to make sure that nearly 30% of the plutonium participates in the general destruction.

Modern nuclear weapons have a much smaller yield than what we used in Japan. In the case of artillery, some of them have yields of as little as 5 tons of TNT.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

peterweal
peterweal's picture
User is offlineOffline
NOT from skydiving.

NOT from skydiving.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I would like to attend

I would like to attend Sunday morning services at some fundamentalist, charismatic church.  While sitting in the pew listening to the pastor preach about Hell and the wages of sin, have my body burst into flames from spontaneous combustion causing the whole place to burn to the ground.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

I would like to attend Sunday morning services at some fundamentalist, charismatic church.  While sitting in the pew listening to the pastor preach about Hell and the wages of sin, have my body burst into flames from spontaneous combustion causing the whole place to burn to the ground.

Well, everyone should have goals...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

....hmmm, was it too dramatic ?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

....hmmm, was it too dramatic ?

It needs moar dynamite...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm with

I'm with Renee and Ham on this one.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
I was going to say "I'd die quickly."

But after reading these posts, I have to admit that Renee, Hamby, and Subdi Visions are on to something, here....

Conor

P.S. to Hamby: Public apologies from me to you about my not getting back to you on that abortion thread.  Are you still the least bit interested, or should I wait until the topic comes up again?

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
I will become so awesome

I will become so awesome that my body can no longer contain the awesomeness anymore. Then I will die.

Either that or kamehameha to the face.

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chupacabra attack... 'nuff

Chupacabra attack... 'nuff said.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not going to die. I'm

I'm not going to die. I'm going to be the first person to live forever...

But if I were and I had a choice, I'd go death by snoo snoo as well.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:It appears

Rich Woods wrote:

At least you have something to be taxed!

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:Rich

marshalltenbears wrote:

Rich Woods wrote:

You could drive a car full of explosives into the IRS headquarters. 

Strongly suggest you watch what you post.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Renee

Hambydammit wrote:

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

We have such similar minds, you and I...

I don't like the idea that my final experience will be pain, so I was kind of thinking of dying quietly in my sleep after a night of raucus sex with two women young and vibrant enough to kill an old man like me.  (I hope to be old enough that people will sharply criticize me as a perverted old man when this happens.)

How about 3 women of your choice that keep their mouths shut except when you want them open?

Anyway, sounds good to me.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I knew you would do that.

I knew you would do that.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
peterweal wrote:NOT from

peterweal wrote:

NOT from skydiving.

That reminds me of a news story I saw on TV about 30 years ago. (No BS.)

Some guy went skydiving. He was so preoccupied with mounting his video camera on his helmet, and properly mounting the helmet on his head (while the jump door was opened), that he jumped out and after falling a few thousand feet, he realized he had fogot to put on his parachute!

His own video was shown on he news story, and you could see him fumblingly around to try to find his rip cord.

They did not show his hitting the ground or the ground quickly approaching.

It made me think about what he must have been thinking...
"OhSSHIT! I'm soooo fucking stupid! I'm soooo fucking stupid! I'm soooo fucking stupid! I'm soooo fucking stupid! I'm soooo fucking stupid! I'm soooo fucking stupid! "

This shit happens. I'm a scuba diver. There's a ton of stuff that you do before you jump off the boat into the cooler waters of the
Atlantic. You're totally preoccupied with it and one thing which is easy to forget is to turn on your air.

You jump off the fuckin boat. Suck your regulator, and nothing happens. Meanwhile, you've just jumped about 8 feet, with a heavy weight belt, and you're about 6 feet under cold water which just hit your face.

Then you surface. Pull out your regulator, stick in your snorkel.Look around for someone to show how much of a moron you are, by politely asking him/her to turn on your air.

When I began diving, it happened at least 3 times, and is quite typical of inexperienced divers to do.

Anyway, at least I didn't take up skydiving!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dieing in my sleep seems too

Dieing in my sleep seems too anticlimactic. I have to go out with a bang.

Let's see. Okay, okay, so I'm having sex with an extremely hot virgin with blonde hair and green eyes, a submissive Japanese woman that's about five feet tall......and Jesus......at the same time!......on a spaceship......with no gravity......and several hundred nuclear weapons attached to it that will detonate upon impact.....hurtling towards the alien mothership invading Earth at 100 miles per second! 

HELL YEAH!!!11!!!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Life fast. Love well. And have a glorious website.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

The Doomed Soul wrote:

triften wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

-Triften

Awh... why is it, the humans are always the ones being invaded... cant we invade some alien worlds, and kill all of them, for once?

Isn't that what Gears of War was all about?

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Isn't that

ClockCat wrote:

Isn't that what Gears of War was all about?

... i dunno, i only played the first Gears... and it was all humanity getting raped, pre-emptively by some race whos leader had a vision that humans would destroy them... or something

(self fufilling prophecy essentially)

What Would Kharn Do?

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Jumping out of a plane. Free

Jumping out of a plane. Free fall would be nice time to think of my life. Smiling

Hark_For_I
Hark_For_I's picture
User is offlineOffline
How to die?

I always tell people I want to die like my grandfather did...peacefully in his sleep....and not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

But seriously folks, I would like to die raising money for my kids by being paid extremely well to perform a death stunt for a movie - maybe being set on fire, falling from a great height, having the monster eat me, slowly softening to death in a vat of Jergins lotion, etc.  

Roll Tide Roll!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anything with a bang sounds

Anything with a bang sounds good, an explosion, car crash, plane crash. Something nice and epic would be good to, earthquake etc. ofcourse that is just my irrational side talking.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: I

marshalltenbears wrote:

I had two Ideas, I would either want to fight a grizzly bear with a knife, or set myself on fire and skydive(without a chute) into an erupting volcano. That way I will know what it really feels like to live. 

I would like to die laughing watching you get ripped apart by a grizzly bear or skydive into a vulcano.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.