Petition to Invite Margaret Downey to TAM9 (in 2010)...

sheldonhelms
sheldonhelms's picture
User is offlineOffline
Petition to Invite Margaret Downey to TAM9 (in 2010)...

Hi everyone!

While it may be out of order for a newbie like me to introduce himself and ask for something in the same post, I'll just have to take the chance. 

I've created a Facebook page designed to collect "electronic signatures" for people who would like the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) to invite Margaret Downey to speak at "The Amaz!ng Meeting" next year.  I was saddened to learn that she wouldn't be attending this year, and decided to ask everyone in the skeptic community to add their voices to the chorus of people who sing her praises.

If you're not aware of all she does to further the cause of rationality, freethought, and atheism, please vist my page and read a brief bio.  (I've also linked to her web page, lest you be confused by that other "Margaret Downey" who claims to speak to dead people.  Yikes!)

Thanks in advance for your help!  If you know Margaret, you'll know how great it would be to have her at TAM8!

Cheers!

-- Sheldon

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
sheldonhelms wrote:Petition to invite Margaret Downey

I would gladly sign a petition to invite Margaret Downey,if I didn't have to join Facebook.I think that she is a most important member of the Free thought community.

Signature ? How ?