Seriously? People swallow this crap?

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seriously? People swallow this crap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGpeOjRbPmI

If you ever want to feel sorry for god-botherers watch this Vid.

If you want a good laugh it pretty much works the same way.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those people don't need

Those people don't need Jesus, they need therapy.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
I think this is just a type

I think this is just a type of hypnosis. He probably puts them into a trance and taps into their angry side, then breaks the trance when he "frees" them which is usually him making a loud noise or pretending like he's throwing an imaginary punch or imaginary fire. Kinda funny, actually.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Although, since he's doing

Although, since he's doing these events in very poor countries, it's just as possible that these are actors.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very poor actors in a very

Very poor actors in a very poor country.

A perfect breeding ground for religion.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I don't know what you people are talking about.

Seems legit.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Seriously?

Abu Lahab wrote:
Seriously? People swallow this crap

That ain't the half of it.

Any idea how many swallow THIS crap?

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
All very sad, pathetic, what

All very sad, pathetic, what poor desperate people can get drawn into. The guy 'in charge" probably even believes it all himself.

Maybe I shouldn't pity them that much, maybe they're experiencing some excitement in their lives, in one of the few relatively safe ways they have open to them.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
In a way I almost admire

In a way I almost admire televangelists and pastors of profit, like this guy. They're tricking people into believing something that you cannot see...probably doesn't exist, while they almost worship you as a prophet and shower you with money.

You know this guy goes home thinking "Who's the man?"

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Seriously?People swallow this CRAP

I don't  really think that people can be sooo,Stupid.It's probably has something to do with the camera and light's and money,at least that's what I hope!,maybe it's me ,but I hope that in our Evolutionary journey thru eons of superstitions,we have shed our silly beliefs in a exorcism.If not,what does that say about Evolution and maturing and progress?

Signature ? How ?

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those preachers are no

Those preachers are no different than the scam artists who've run the possessed by demons scam since the first shaman found a way to gain more power than the chief of whatever tribe he belonged to.  Preachers in the US, not exactly a poor country, frequently use shills to con the flock out of their money and sometimes property.  Whether the shill is "possessed" or "lame", it's the same con over and over.

The sheep being fleeced are not always poor and they're not always lacking in intelligence.  They are, however, always looking for something more either in this life or an afterlife.  Believers of an invisiible sky-daddy would like to think that there is something after death, some great reward and that they will be deserving of it when they die. 

Eusebius said it would be okay to lie for the glory of god and Constantine expanded on it to a degree.  Ever since, xtians have been lying their asses off to the glory of god and making bucks off the gullible masses.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150