Opinions wanted: utube "Zeitgeist"

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Opinions wanted: utube "Zeitgeist"

Pls note in advance, that it will take some time to view these vids.

Do a search on utube for:
"Zeitgeist"

I'm curious as to what others opinions are of the vids of
Zeitgeist and the proposed Venus project.

The vids on "Zeitgeist" cover a wide range of subjects that might be of interest to people that are interested in politics, religion, Atheism, sociology and more.

(FYI. There are roughly 5 "primary" vids on Zeitgeist)

BTW. I just found this stuff tonight. I'm neither advocating (promoting) or denouncing either of these
by virtue of simply beginning a thread on Zeitgeist.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
...This topic tends to

...This topic tends to crop-up every couple of months on a semi-regular basis.

Essentially, watching Zeitgeist: The Movie is like watching any number of conspiracy proponent videos on History channel. It's fun, but ultimately you're being entertained by malicious fraudsters.

The 9/11 conspiracy stuff is outright nutball bunk. Skepdic.com has a wonderful article neatly eviscerating 'Truther' bullshit. The Jesus mythicism angle that is presented, according to the experts on the subject matter, is poor scholarship at best, just plain made-up lies at worst (which only serves to hurt more genuine cases). The information on the American IRS system is wrong (yes, you really, really can go to jail for refusing to pay your taxes). The allegation that all governments are part of a NWO conspiracy to have everyone microchipped to control them is ludicrous (Even if they did want to control you, most government agencies already have a plethora of much more efficient tools at their disposal than implementing some woo woo 'microchipping' program).

The Venus Project (detailed in the 2nd movie) is defunct; Jacques was selling the property, last I heard (to be fair, it's likely that his hand was forced on the matter due to mounting bills). I like a lot of the ideas Jacques has, and I appreciate where he's coming from, but the Venus Project was ultimately a pie in the sky utopian pipe dream. I'm a big fan of automation, but there's certainly an upper limit of how much we can automate; to claim that we could be entirely serviced by robots who fill all of our industrial roles is to live in a fantasy land (How will these machines be maintained & manufactured? How will they be programmed? How will they be fuelled? Jacques would need to answer serious questions like these before he could be taken seriously).

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Tx Kev. Wasn't aware this

Tx Kev. Wasn't aware this was a "well done" topic, but it's clear from your post that its been beaten into the ground.

In any case, your post presented specific info not in the vids.

Your observations (in my view), are noteworthy as well, particularly for impessionable newbies that may watch the vids.

(I was hoping to have some fun with them! lol)

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you're interested in a

If you're interested in a few more perspectives (and some laughs), use the site's Google Search function and look for 'Sage Override' and 'Zeitgeist' (Sage_Override is the topic poster). DamnDirtyApe's commentary in particular is much funnier, much more objective and much better informed than anything I could've written.

EDIT: ...Actually, screw that. Just go here.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:Tx Kev. Wasn't

treat2 wrote:
Tx Kev. Wasn't aware this was a "well done" topic, but it's clear from your post that its been beaten into the ground. In any case, your post presented specific info not in the vids. Your observations (in my view), are noteworthy as well, particularly for impessionable newbies that may watch the vids. (I was hoping to have some fun with them! lol)

Before I came here, I argued on Youtube with several 9/11 conspirators and watched countless conspiracy videos.

It wasn't all that "fun" to argue with them.

But the vids were fun to watch like a watching a fiction movie. For whatever reason, I love conspiracy theories.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't actually see the

I didn't actually see the movie but I remember reading some comments about it. Seemed like a fairly typical debate between low-level dreamers and unimaginative hacks.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Before I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Before I came here, I argued on Youtube with several 9/11 conspirators and watched countless conspiracy videos.... For whatever reason, I love conspiracy theories.

Did you see the vid that claims the U.S. never landed
on the moon?

(It was all done on a set.)