User is offlineOffline

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forum!Omg,

Welcome to the forum!

Omg, that is a giant avatar.

As for the video, the obvious explanation is that the Bible is not infallible.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
persephone06 wrote: A

persephone06 wrote:

A person is standing right in front of the damn thing, and the question couldn't be more cryptic, but I assume what's being asked is what the thing
is behind the person.

It appears as if it might be the "High Papal Alter" within St. Peters, but to know for certain, I'd need to see any of the "legs" of the alter, as the 8 sculpted forms of a woman's genitals are uniquely
identitiable.

cwiley71
User is offlineOffline
Explain this

Actually what is happening is a different perspective of the same event. If I say it is almost dawn, that would say to someone else that it is really early, to another it would say it is still dark outside. So it does not show that the bible is infallible actually quite the opposite. It proves that four different people while in different times and in different areas still get the same story.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
cwiley71 wrote:Actually what

cwiley71 wrote:

Actually what is happening is a different perspective of the same event. If I say it is almost dawn, that would say to someone else that it is really early, to another it would say it is still dark outside. So it does not show that the bible is infallible actually quite the opposite. It proves that four different people while in different times and in different areas still get the same story.

Possibly, but what about the other more glaring discrepancies? Did you watch further? 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

persephone06
persephone06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even though it is from

Even though it is from different point of views, what about the fact that the different perceptions include more or less people as witnesses, dead other than Jesus rising from the grave, and other discrepancies? What makes this story anymore realistic than other mythological stories?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back

persephone06 wrote:

Even though it is from different point of views, what about the fact that the different perceptions include more or less people as witnesses, dead other than Jesus rising from the grave, and other discrepancies? What makes this story anymore realistic than other mythological stories?

To answer the last question;  frankly nothing makes it anymore believable or realistic.  Those cartoons were put together to show off the absurdities and contridictions of the bible.  I hope you saw the whole series.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?