Religion as child abuse (satire)

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion as child abuse (satire)

An excellent article in the Daily Mash, slightly related to the recent stories of child abuse in Irish catholic schools, that does a very good job of painting religion as the form of abuse.

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a case of getting the

It's a case of getting the worst people one can find to take care of children and putting them in charge. Think about it, nuns and priests are people that don't like children. The become nuns and priests because the don't want to have children. Then they put them in charge of the child's education.

The ignorant parents believe 'they were called by God' to serve by teaching my kid. Another case of religion being insanity.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

EXC wrote:

It's a case of getting the worst people one can find to take care of children and putting them in charge. Think about it, nuns and priests are people that don't like children. The become nuns and priests because the don't want to have children. Then they put them in charge of the child's education.

The ignorant parents believe 'they were called by God' to serve by teaching my kid. Another case of religion being insanity.

I disagree with your statement. Some priests really like children.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see what you did there.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Manageri wrote: