Alabama cop beating suspect video.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alabama cop beating suspect video.

According to the news it happened last January. If you havent seen it. It was a car chase on a higway. The suspect runs over the foot of a cop knocking over. OK, I get the rush and anger of the persuing cops.

BUT, when they did the PIT manuver the van flipped, the suspect was ejected and knocked out face down on the ground. Several cops rushed the unconcious man PUNCHING AND KICKING HIM.

The law is clear that cops cannot use unessarry force. Whatever the suspect did, once he was down and surrounded, there was no call for what they did, every single cop involved in the final contact of the suspect was rightfully fired.

It is appauling that this still goes on today.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Have you seen that recent

Have you seen that recent video of a police officer running up to a man that was laying on his stomach and kicking that man in the head? The best part of it was that the officer's station defended the officer kicking someone in the head by saying that they train their officers to use disorienting head blows on prone suspects before cuffing them. So apparently, if a police officer runs at you and kicks your head while you are on the groud, the officer is in the right and will not be disciplined for doing that.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I believe a lot of people

I believe a lot of people that have a need to bully or take out their violent urges become cops or prision guards(Abu Ghriab) to get away with this behavior legally. Many pyromaniacs become fire-fighters. Kind of like a lot of pedophiles become priests, coaches, teachers, etc.. so they can have access to children.

The system needs to screen out candidates with these conditions.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
I assume everyone's also

I assume everyone's also seen the one of the cop throwing th 14 year old girl against the wall because she kicked-off her shoe in his direction (no, you don't understand unless you've seen the video. Like, you know how you might 'kick' off one of your slippers before heading for bed? It was that kind of kick, and the shoe didn't hit the officer at all. Even if it had, it would've landed with the devastating force of a dried-up leaf blown in a slight breeze). As far as I'm aware, that guy also had no serious repercussion brought against him.

Police have far too strong a lobbying group.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940