To Sapient and Kelly O'Connor - RRS

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
To Sapient and Kelly O'Connor - RRS

To Sapient and O'Connor - RRS

Well, I saw the thread about the Nightline debate with the morons, and watched it on utube.

I also watch plenty of other uploads from Atheists that were not "complementary" and
attacked this site.

Some of the attacks / comments (depending upon semantics), even after being
here only a week or so, I do
agree with as CLEARLY justified. Primarily with regard to the intolerance issues regarding Theists.

My question is:

Given 20 / 20 hindsight, and the accusations by Atheists leveled against this Site,
was your "15 minutes of fame"
worth it?

Bear in mind, this is not a question about my personal tolerance, rather what according to other Atheists on utube are LONGSTANDING grievances about THIS SITE.
------
BORG HIVE SHIPS 89, 486, 666,
& 22, ASSIMILATE THE INFIDEL!
------

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So... um...  hmm.. (head

So... um...  

hmm..

(head scratch)

um...

(boggle)

erm...

hmm..

Thanks?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote: My question

treat2 wrote:
My question is: Given 20 / 20 hindsight, and the accusations by Atheists leveled against this Site, was your "15 minutes of fame" worth it?

You've pre-supposed a desire for fame using a Warhol cliche.

While a swift and particularly nasty punishment should be all but certain, the real question here is ... should the pain inflicted be greater for the pre-supposition or the cliche ?   I might need a ruling here.

Oh, and also please provide the network tv debates of said "accusational atheists" so that I might compare their work w/ that of those they are so critical of.. Thks. 

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle

AmericanIdle wrote:
You've pre-supposed a desire for fame using a Warhol cliche.

While a swift and particularly nasty punishment should be all but certain, the real question here is ... should the pain inflicted be greater for the pre-supposition or the cliche ?   I might need a ruling here.

Oh, and also please provide the network tv debates of said "accusational atheists" so that I might compare their work w/ that of those they are so critical of.. Thks. 

As I said, utube. All of it.
I'm on a PDA, and the utbe players I have, don't show
the URL's of anything I play on utube. The debate on utube was on ABC Nightline, AS I SAID, .... Geez! It shows the ABC logo on the screen. You know another channel with Nightline?

They can Search and "Search Related". I used a few search criteria which I also did search related on, and I can only guess included:

Atheist RRS

RRS

RRS debate
----
(EDIT ADDED - I just remembered another):

Rational Responder Squad
-------
Sounds like your out for blood rather than to FIRST LISTEN to what sone of these Atheists said.

BTW. I'm not referring to the guy(s) that were =on a death to RRS kick, but some ENTIRELY FAIR and lucid uploads by Atheists.

Alls I can tell you is if your interested in viewing the "bad press" by some Atheists, regarding RRS on utube search related, and spend a few hours on it as I did. (Yeah, you'll find the ranters, but I'm not talking about them. Actually you COULD include them within the answer to my question).

Guess you folks haven't done much searching on utube regarding your own siteas your thanking some Atheists that (in my opinion did express legitimate longstanding grievances of intolerance of Theists.)

(Again, this thread isn't about me. I was wondering if the resulting bad press (of which you CAN EASILY FIND PLENTY, FROM ATHEISTS) given 20/20 hindsight was worth it?)

Guess I got my answer.

Check it out!!!

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wait. You're asking for

Wait.

You're asking for opinions concerning the opinions of other opinions???

Really?

Well, all that I can muster is an opinion concerning the quality of your post...

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
There was a nightline debate

There was a nightline debate ?

You can find this debate on youtube ?

There were persons critical of RRS performance ?

Some of them claimed to be atheists ?

You found dissenting opinions and long-winded critique of a............. debate ?

Just wait until news of this gets out......

Quote:

Guess you folks haven't done much searching on utube regarding your own siteas your thanking some Atheists that (in my opinion did express legitimate longstanding grievances of intolerance of Theists.)

I recognize this run-on sentence as English.  Beyond that I haven't a clue.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Darth, I sense a disturbance

Darth, I sense a disturbance in the Force!

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote:There was

AmericanIdle wrote:

There was a nightline debate ?

You can find this debate on youtube ?

There were persons critical of RRS performance ?

Some of them claimed to be atheists ?

You found dissenting opinions and long-winded critique of a............. debate ?

Just wait until news of this gets out......

Quote:

I recognize this run-on sentence as English.  Beyond that I haven't a clue.

The thread's directed specifically to 2 people... but it's open to all including ignorant dickwads like you.
Resistance is futile!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote: The thread's

treat2 wrote:
The thread's directed specifically to 2 people... but it's open to all including ignorant dickwads like you. ********************** Resistance is futile! **********************

Is this another one of those attempts to get banned? I don't even know how anyone could answer your original questions.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
The thread is directed to 2

The thread is directed to 2 members you can find listed under "Our Team", which you can find as a hyperlink on the Home page of this site.

When you click the "Our Team"
hyperlink a web page with their userids and names can be found.

Your userid is there as well.

Have other people "inherited"
those userids? I've seen them used on the site recently.

BTW. As to "another attempt",
I feel slighted. Aren't ALL of my posts and threads just "another attempt" to "get banned"? Obviously, I post simply to get banned. Haven't you figured that out yet!

(I rarely lol and lmao. I leave my posts for "you"
to figure out. It's interesting how rare it is when anyone does.)

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Is this another one

Quote:
Is this another one of those attempts to get banned? I don't even know how anyone could answer your original questions.

Will, I've got to give Treat2 props.  He's doing a great job of riding the line, and making sure that whatever he gets called out for, he can point to someone who's not banned and say, "See!  They did it too!"  He plays the game well.

As for the OP, well... anyone who does a little searching can see that Kelly hasn't been active in many months.  Brian is working a full time job to try to keep the site up and running.  I honestly don't think either of them is all that interested in responding to... um... whatever it was you were trying to say.

A couple of the founders of the site had a few minutes in a spotlight.  So what?  This is a message board community for atheists, and that's what it's always been.  

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hope you enjoy "the game",

Hope you enjoy "the game", it's purpose appears to be misunderstood and very threatening, as I've already said in "Gift to Clockcat".

In any case, whether or not they're interested was not a large part of the reason for this thread. That was made clear in the thread post, and I take it, the blind would prefer to remain so.

That is of course their perogative, and expected...
Perhaps THAT might have motivated me to have created
this thread, ya think?

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Will, I've

Hambydammit wrote:

Will, I've got to give Treat2 props.  He's doing a great job of riding the line, and making sure that whatever he gets called out for, he can point to someone who's not banned and say, "See!  They did it too!"  He plays the game well. 

Tu quoques don't work on me.

Someone could repeat the same post right after them and it would touch my trigger.

I can strive for 'fair and balanced', but I hold no delusions that I really am.

Think we should let 'em know there's already a thread for this one?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Will, I've

Hambydammit wrote:

I'd give him the props, too, except nobody else is playing the game, so he's playing with ... um ... himself. I don't usually give people props for playing with themselves.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
lol. That's clever, but

lol. That's clever, but you're no less a participant
of your own responses than youself.

Get it!

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

I'd give him the props, too, except nobody else is playing the game, so he's playing with ... um ... himself. I don't usually give people props for playing with themselves.

never?

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky wrote:HisWillness

SSBBJunky wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

never?

Oh, good point! I didn't think of my girlfriend!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:lol. That's

treat2 wrote:
lol. That's clever, but you're no less a participant of your own responses than youself. Get it!

I'm not less of a participant in my own responses than myself? No, I don't get it.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So I guess now we should

So I guess now we should play an internet version of spin the  bottle to see who can kiss their own ass the most for not caring about the person on the other end of the bottle.

Or....

something.

Books about atheism

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
The most productive search

The most productive search and search releated can be done using the string:

Rational Response Squad

Plenty of critical utube vids by fellow Atheists that have been here.

Check it out!

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: So I

Hambydammit wrote:

So I guess now we should play an internet version of spin the  bottle to see who can kiss their own ass the most for not caring about the person on the other end of the bottle.

Or....

something.

Okay, I'll start with you.

*Bottle spins*

Hamby. You suck.

....sorry, that's all I've got. You actually don't suck at all, but I can't think of an insult.

Oh, um.... your cat's lame! Put down that gun you lame cat.

OrdinaryClay wrote:
If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: So I

Hambydammit wrote:

Or....

something.

Care about who?

Where's the bottle on the other end?

Sometimes our metaphors really don't hold water.     bottle    water

bottle     suck    

treat2 must work at youtube. Spamming us to watch videos of other atheists.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
crazymonkie wrote:Okay, I'll

crazymonkie wrote:
Okay, I'll start with you. ...Hamby. You suck. ...

TOS Violation. Ohhhhhh!

crazymonkie,

Watch your language! You might trip and fail.

lol

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:AmericanIdle

treat2 wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:
... a swift and particularly nasty punishment should be all but certain, the real question here is ... should the pain inflicted be greater for the pre-supposition or the cliche ?   I might need a ruling here.

As I said, utube. All of it.
I'm on a PDA, and the utbe players I have, don't show
the URL's of anything I play on utube. The debate on utube was on ABC Nightline, AS I SAID, .... Geez! It shows the ABC logo on the screen. You know another channel with Nightline?

They can Search and "Search Related". I used a few search criteria which I also did search related on, and I can only guess included:

Atheist RRS

RRS

RRS debate
----
(EDIT ADDED - I just remembered another):

Rational Responder Squad
-------
Sounds like your out for blood rather than to FIRST LISTEN to what sone of these Atheists said.

BTW. I'm not referring to the guy(s) that were =on a death to RRS kick, but some ENTIRELY FAIR and lucid uploads by Atheists.

Alls I can tell you is if your interested in viewing the "bad press" by some Atheists, regarding RRS on utube search related, and spend a few hours on it as I did. (Yeah, you'll find the ranters, but I'm not talking about them. Actually you COULD include them within the answer to my question).

(Again, this thread isn't about me. I was wondering if the resulting bad press (of which you CAN EASILY FIND PLENTY, FROM ATHEISTS) given 20/20 hindsight was worth it?)
Check it out!!!

If "Search Related" for utube vids about this site are hindered by the word "Squad", try a "Search" followed by a "Search Related" using : "Rational Response Squad"

That should produce some interesting vids by former Atheist members.

Granted, some are rant away.

I guess you folks encouraged them into doing that crap,
but you'll find some quite unbaised , yet very damning
thoughts are well expressed.

It was interesting viewing. The quantity of stuff on this site impressed me!

I was also impressed by the uniformity of the experiences
of these former Atheist members.

Check it out and listen to what's being said about you.
Perhaps you might learn something. (Although it seems that you'd prefer not to.)

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hey, I was thinking the

Hey, I was thinking the other day... If the moon was made of cheese, would I eat it?

And then, I realized that I was being too general.  In the first place, if the moon was made of a soft cheese, like brie, how would I land on the surface?  My spaceship would probably splush right through, and I'd get stuck in the middle.  (I just made up the word splush.)  That would be fine for a while, but I don't think I could eat my way back out again, and that would suck...

Then again, if the moon was still a big ball, it stands to reason that it has enough gravity to hold itself together, so wouldn't the brie all compact towards the center?  I'd need a really strong knife to hack of chunks of it, and it would be awfully hard.

Then again, doesn't cheese need air to ripen?

Really, the whole thing was throwing me into a tizzy.  Then, I looked on youtube, and guess what!  All my questions were answered.  You see, this dude named IRoXorZharDerThanUzGuyz was talking about how he lives in his mom's basement and once, he got to put his finger down a girl's pants, and it smelled funny, so he said, "MOM!!!!  My finger smells funny!!!!"  And then, there was this thing called "EnCyCloPediaLOsER, where lots of people who don't have anything better to do than talk about people who they'll never get to fuck.... See...  They all eat cheese.  Foot cheese.  Cheese off their feet, cause it smells like blue cheese, only... footier.

And I thought... Gee, the moon isn't really made of cheese.  It's a bunch of rock from when this great big rock crashed into the earth.  And then, all I could think about was cheese and rock, so I went to a concert with L.A. Guns and Peter Frampton, and brought a picnic lunch of cheese and crackers, since I figured I'd break my teeth if I ate rocks.  The cheese was good, but why'd they have to put it in a can, and if I were to stick the can with a big screwdriver, would it explode in a cascade of cheesy goodness, like when KISS used to shoot fireworks out of their guitars?

Books about atheism