Why do people quote the very first messages of posts when they get the second message?

Stoic
Stoic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why do people quote the very first messages of posts when they get the second message?

I think this is a rightful topic for this area, why do you think people do that? In so many posts people always quote the very first post when they get the second post. Call me OCD but this is just awful in my opinion. Why do you think we get the mindless urge to do this? Is it a form of OCD perhaps? Or just a need to have a large post to seem "bigger," so to speak?

Example:

Dude#1: Yeah I went to the store and dogs chased me.

Dude#2:

Quote:
Yeah I went to the store and dogs chased me.

Oh nice.

Dude#3: That's good to know...

Dude#1: My, this topic is very climactic.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I have any reason to

If I have any reason to suspect another post will happen while I write my own, I'll quote to help readers know who I'm responding to.

I suspect this is similar to other's motives.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Stoic
Stoic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see, but wouldn't it be

I see, but wouldn't it be more reasonable to quote the one part you're referring too?

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stoic wrote:I see, but

Stoic wrote:
I see, but wouldn't it be more reasonable to quote the one part you're referring too?
What? Way too much effort Sticking out tongue

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Stoic wrote:I see, but

Stoic wrote:

Huh?

Stoic
Stoic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ha, don't play mind games

Ha, don't play mind games with me! It hurts my feelings.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Stoic wrote:Ha, don't play

Stoic wrote:

Ha, don't play mind games with me! It hurts my feelings.

Sorry.