Dawkins Interview

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dawkins Interview

Hey everyone,

I'm sure this is old news and everyone's already seen this already, so I'll apologize in advance for redundancy. I got into a lot of arguments over my beliefs when I first joined, some of which I couldn't respond to as articulately as I might have hoped, though I still stand firm in my understanding of things. I also think the Catholic church is a disgrace for the most part and am no longer a Christian, so the virgin birth, existence of Jesus, and the resurrection are all things of which I've become terribly skeptical.

Having said that, this priest, interviewed by Richard Dawkins, says so very many things I agree with that I doubt I could improve on them too much, namely on the cosmos, the origins of the universe, and the nature of god, be there such an entity, divorced also from his anthropomorphizing of it and his views on the soul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0ZMfkSNxc&feature=related

Thoughts welcome if you like.

Ryan

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
And by the way, I'm

And by the way, I'm especially drawn to the idea of the Final, Ultimate Answer.

R

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Richard Dawkins may be a

Richard Dawkins may be a fine writer. I've not read his book. However, I've seen him on utube debate Bill O.,
and was not in t e least bit impressed with his responses
in debating B.O.

My reasons were expressed on this exact subject in anothr thread. And the essential reason Dawkins performed in such an unimpressive manner was the basis for a thread I started entitled something like "Why Atheists can't debate Creationists".