Ecological FootPrint... Whats yours?

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ecological FootPrint... Whats yours?

Just some no doubt highly inaccurate test I found, but I enjoyed it  It tells you how many planets it wouls take to sustain you lifestyle if everyone inthe world lived like you do.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/personal_footprint/

whole point of the test is to no doubt guilt trip you into usingless but oh well its done nicely.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
It would take about five

It would take about five earths to sustain me, apparently. I always figured I was too big for just the one earth.

One thing bothers me about this: we're all in it together. It's not about what someone's individual footprint is, it's the unnecessarily long-range infrastructure we have going.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll take it when Canada

I'll take it when Canada shows up.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
I call BS!! It only gave me

I call BS!! It only gave me 3.2!!!

I'm a 200+ lb guy who eats a shitload (hopefully not literally) of junk food to maintain a lifestyle of frequent weight lifting and kettle bells and frequent quarter and half marathons.  I'm a walking, jogging, huffing puffing polution machine.  I probably exhale twice as much carbon as the average person.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
3.6 earths for me.

3.6 earths for me. Apparently I'm some sort of light weight when it comes to using resources. I rarely drive my car and I never fly on planes or use trains. That probably lowered my score. But apparently I use a lot of land according to that. As someone who has three roommates, I don't understand that. Perhaps it means that a lot of land is used to make crops that I eat.

I'll rectifiy this situation though. I pledge to drive more, eat more beef and slash and burn some old growth woodland.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India