Saints, prayers and absurdity...personal story, humor.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Saints, prayers and absurdity...personal story, humor.

So I am having dinner with my mom at her retirement place. Every week I bring her dog to visit her, which I now take care of. The dog is very friendly, and my mom likes to introduce her to everyone.

Anyway, we run into a couple of her home mates with the dog. They comment on how sweet the dog is and ask why the dog has a slight limp. I explain that the dog is old and has arthritis.

THEN, one of the ladies says she will say a prayer, but didn't know which Saint to pray to ABOUT THE DOG'S arthritis. She asked if my mom would look up the particular Saint on the internet that answers such prayers about arthritis. I KID YOU NOT!

So just for fun when I got home, googled it. "Saint James" Patron saint of arthritis, and called my mom so she could tell this "well wisher" the "correct Saint". We would not want to fuck that up.

Anywho, it does get better. Later my mom calls me, and appearently she had been conversing about this subject with another friend there, who agreed with me how silly it was and decided to call me back with another question about "Saints"

My mom called me back(just to joke about the situation) asking to know who the patron Saint of banannas  was.

My mom does believe, but she sure does have one heck of a sense of humor. That cheered me up!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Each year in San Francisco

Each year in San Francisco and other locations priests will bless peoples pets invoking Saint Francis of Assisi.  There is also Saint Gertrude patron saint of cats,  and Saint Roch the patron saint of dogs.  Just for yuks, Saint Anthony is the patron saint of bacon.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn't Saint Ray (Comfort)

Isn't Saint Ray (Comfort) the paitron saint of bananas?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

YOU SON OF A BITCH! You are lucky I wasn't taking a sip of my coffee when I read that. If I had been I would have choked to death! LOL

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OMS. Echo Brian. Rofl.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.