Awkward Questions about Jesus

TomJ
atheist
TomJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awkward Questions about Jesus

This video is from a British comedy show called Outnumbered.

Children are the future!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Q: Why didn't Jesus shape

Q: Why didn't Jesus shape shift into a Roman soldier and murder all of the soldiers looking for him in their sleep?

A: Look at Table 3-8 on page 38 of your 3.5 Edition Player's Handbook. Druids very plainly do not gain their 'Thousand Faces' ability until level 13. I think we call all agree that Jesus hadn't killed nearly enough Orcs or Kobolds yet to hit level 13, yeah?

Sticking out tongue

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holy crap that was funny

Holy crap that was funny Kevin.

fatty
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Q: Why didn't Jesus

Quote:

Q: Why didn't Jesus shape shift into a Roman soldier and murder all of the soldiers looking for him in their sleep?

Because God isn't like that.  Let me give you an example since you people refuse to believe anything I say.  Think back to a time where you failed to do an assignmnent in school, didn't do all of it, etc.  Why didn't you hurt the prof because (s)he's going to give you an F?

Yes I am a Christian. I'm sorry that there are jerks out there that have done bad things all in the name of, I ask that you don't judge all of us because of the acts of those few. I pray that you're having a great day today. Since that doesn't mean much to most people on this site lets just say that I really really hope you have an awesome day. God bless. -fatty

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
God isn't like that????  He

God isn't like that????  He freaking demolished cities and mandated genocides, not to mention a world-wide flood!  I don't think offing a few Romans to protect himself would be out of his way of doing things.  Remember this is the guy who's fine and dandy with sending good people to burn forever in hell.

I would change your arguement to: Jesus wasn't like that.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
fatty wrote:Quote:Q: Why

fatty wrote:

Quote:

Because God isn't like that.  Let me give you an example since you people refuse to believe anything I say.  Think back to a time where you failed to do an assignmnent in school, didn't do all of it, etc.  Why didn't you hurt the prof because (s)he's going to give you an F?

No, because I didn't put in the effort to earn a better grade.

Jesus put as muh effort into my salvation as I did to earn that F - why is he venerated?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
So funny!!!!the little girl

So funny!!!!

the little girl was cute....

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Because God isn't like

Quote:

What?

Okay, I don't want to be a rules lawyer, but I need you to give me the page number for that rule. I can't find it anywhere in my player's handbook...

Sticking out tongue

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:What? Okay, I don't

Quote:
What?

Okay, I don't want to be a rules lawyer, but I need you to give me the page number for that rule. I can't find it anywhere in my player's handbook...

The new players handbook is a total brain fuck to me.  So... could Jesus have used a wand of "Summon Tarrasque"?  I mean... God (the father) had killed enough heathens to be at least level 33 or 34 and be able to be properly called a god.  Couldn't he give himself the craft item skill and make a one-time use wand that could be wielded by a mortal?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I mean... surely God has

I mean... surely God has the spell "Wish."

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
fatty wrote:Because God

fatty wrote:

Trust me on this:  If I had worked hard and earned a better mark and yet still got an F, I would have zapped him like Jesus did to the last five polar bears on earth.  Sadly, I do not have the Jesus zap power.  Since there are still polar bears, neither did Jesus.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
fatty wrote:Quote:Q: Why

fatty wrote:

Quote:

Because God isn't like that.  Let me give you an example since you people refuse to believe anything I say. 

We'll believe you when you can say something believable.  Do the world a favor: read the bible from the first page to the last, pay attention and don't fall asleep during all the begats.  If that doesn't make an atheist of you then you're more gullible that I thought.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
fatty wrote:Because God

fatty wrote:
Oh, I get it. God's afraid of being punished for his crimes.

Interesting. Weird, but interesting.

I have a coutner-question: Why didn't God just cause all the soldiers to just forget they were searching for anyone? "These aren't the deiteties you're looking for."

Or, just give mankind forgiveness without the whole murdering himself (his son, whatever).

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Dakota KS
User is offlineOffline
haha, cute video. They do

haha, cute video. They do raise some funny questions, but then all kids ask some really cute questions. Just feel real sorry for the priest!

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Fucking Brilliant!!! I loved

Fucking Brilliant!!! I loved it! Encore!