Crapology

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Crapology

Fellow Earthlings!

Feel like doing something monumentally important, but don't feel like doing the work to be qualified? Do I ever have the answer for you!

CRAPOLOGY!

That's right, friends, Crapology. With Crapology, you can assert just about anything you like, and tell people they're being snobs if they don't accept it.

Crapology comes in many handy models. Feel like doing a bit of Faith Healing? Let Crapology help: tell people their chakras are mis-aligned. Don't know what a chakra is? Neither do they! Indians can't form an infrastructure for their country worth a damn, but let's trust them with our invisible health-related mystical nothings! That's Crapology, folks, and it gets better.

You can tell people something's ancient and Chinese, and that Crap will sell faster than hotcakes! Feel like really screwing people over? Sell them distilled water, and say it's helping them. But make sure to call it "Homeopathic", because that's the patented Crapology way!

It's not a dream, folks. People will pay their hard-earned money to buy distilled water as long as you tell them it will do all sorts of impossible things for them. And if the placebo effect doesn't work, for some reason, they still think modern medicine is nonsense, and they'll try something else that doesn't help them.

Yes, friends, Crapology can do all this and more. Tons of money to be made in this exciting, ancient field.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
^_^

Crapology - invent the problem and supply the solution!  Obedience on demand!

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh oh! Do you have a free

Oh oh! Do you have a free informational video? Actually, screw the video! Where do I send my $19.95?

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Say! How much for that

Say! How much for that patented interdimensional quantum manufacturing process? Oh, and could you hot-glue a couple of magnets on the side, too?

You know how much I love magnets.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:Oh oh! Do you

geirj wrote:

Oh oh! Do you have a free informational video? Actually, screw the video! Where do I send my $19.95?

I would laugh, but for the tears in my eyes.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:Say! How

nigelTheBold wrote:

Say! How much for that patented interdimensional quantum manufacturing process? Oh, and could you hot-glue a couple of magnets on the side, too?

The magnets are the only thing that make the quantum interdimensional shift possible! One bi-polar magnet, and a unipole magnet make a tripole magnet, which creates a flux wave in the nano-space.

here's the diagram:

It's not just that there's a sucker born every minute that bothers me, it's the ... no, it's that. That bothers me.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Will, you sound like you

Will, you sound like you need one of my ionized bread bags with a complementary elastic band that has been through my patented hydrotension process. Simply place the bag over your head and fasten it in place with the elastic band, and let the ionized carboflouride hyperstatic particles do their work! Eye-wink

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Will,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Will, you sound like you need one of my ionized bread bags with a complementary elastic band that has been through my patented hydrotension process. Simply place the bag over your head and fasten it in place with the elastic band, and let the ionized carboflouride hyperstatic particles do their work! Eye-wink

Kevin, you could get a job writing copy for these folks. Seriously. You are good.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just happen to be selling

I just happen to be selling snake oil at the moment. I'm partnered with Amway.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Kevin, you could get a

Quote:
Kevin, you could get a job writing copy for these folks. Seriously. You are good.

Thanks. It's nice to know there's always a future for me in Crapology if nothing else works out. Sticking out tongue

I actually do want to write a paper for Answers in Genesis's new 'journal' as part of the present 'competition' to bust them with a hoax paper. Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

February 27, 1940

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BILLY MAZE HERE WITH THE

BILLY MAZE HERE WITH THE TOUGH NEW CRAP PRODUCER "CRAPOLOGY", THATS RIGHT FOLKS, STOP FIXING THINGS WITH REAL SUPER GLUE, AND SIMPLY MAKE SHIT UP! WHY PAY FOR KNOWLEDGE BY EDUCATING YOURSELF? DONT WEAR YOURSELF OUT BY ACTUALLY PULLING WEEDS, SIMPLY PRAY THEM OUT OF YOUR GARDEN WITH THE NEW INCREDIBLE "CRAPOLOGY"! DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS? SAVE YOUR MONEY AND SIMPLY USE YOUR IMAGINATION! "CRAPOLOGY" ACT NOW AND WE WILL SEND YOU A NEEDLESS LABOTOMY KIT, SINCE IT IS OBVIOUS IF YOU BUY THIS CRAP YOU'VE ALREADY HAD ONE! "CRAPOLOGY" WHAT THE GULLIBLE CANT LIVE WITHOUT!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just had a thought. How

I just had a thought. How seriously would people take the bible if Billy Maze was on TV shouting to sell it like he does his products?

"BILLY MAZE HERE WITH THE AWSOME BIBLE! NEED AN INVISABLE FRIEND WE'VE GOT ONE FOR YOU! HE SLICES HE DICES HE TURNS DIRT INTO FLESH! ARE YOU A VIRGIN, BUT DON'T WANT TO BE FUCKED, BUT WANT TO GET KNOCKED UP? POOF,, THE GODSPERM OF THE BIBLE CAN DO IT! HOW YOU ASK? WE DON'T KNOW EITHER, WE ARE JUST MAKING THIS SHIT UP! THE BIBLE, THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW! PESKY SCIENCE GETTING IN THE WAY OF YOUR FANTACY? THE BIBLE, THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW! WANT TO COMMIT ACTS OF GENOCIDE AND STILL CALL YOURSELF BENEVOLENT? THE BIBLE, THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
One local doctor once had

One local doctor once had born a son with several birth defects. He was in a threat of several surgeries, which would be harsh for a newborn child. So the doctor decided to heal him by her own effort. She started to study the alternative medicine and she eventually managed to cure the boy and save him from the surgeries, except for one. Now he is a healthy young man with a normal life and the doctor still practices - a classical medicine, of course. I can not say which doctor it is, because she could have a problem with the estabilishment. But she pays attention to not prescribe antibiotics more than necessary and to protect patients' health through prevention and non-invasive methods. Her nurse had a similar opinion on that. They both are familiar with our local group of friends of alternative life style, so when the nurse retired, she sometimes joins us on our meditation sessions.

Our family has a good experiences with alternative medicine, like homeopathy, acupuncture, acupressure, vacuum glass bulbs, magnetism, etc... Of course that's here, in America it's probably all scam for too much of money. Here, the alternative medicine is real and affordable. The advertisement is very modest and the main emphasis remains on former customers telling their friends in good or bad sense, this is why a bad healers are not as succesful and famous as the good ones - that's natural selection. The official medicine is a science of diseases, it often doesn't recognize the underlying cause, but cures only the obvious symptoms.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel like the fun was just

I feel like the fun was just sucked out of this guys.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:One local

Luminon wrote:

One local doctor once had born a son with several birth defects. He was in a threat of several surgeries, which would be harsh for a newborn child. So the doctor decided to heal him by her own effort. She started to study the alternative medicine and she eventually managed to cure the boy and save him from the surgeries, except for one. Now he is a healthy young man with a normal life and the doctor still practices - a classical medicine, of course. I can not say which doctor it is, because she could have a problem with the estabilishment. But she pays attention to not prescribe antibiotics more than necessary and to protect patients' health through prevention and non-invasive methods. Her nurse had a similar opinion on that. They both are familiar with our local group of friends of alternative life style, so when the nurse retired, she sometimes joins us on our meditation sessions.

Our family has a good experiences with alternative medicine, like homeopathy, acupuncture, acupressure, vacuum glass bulbs, magnetism, etc... Of course that's here, in America it's probably all scam for too much of money. Here, the alternative medicine is real and affordable. The advertisement is very modest and the main emphasis remains on former customers telling their friends in good or bad sense, this is why a bad healers are not as succesful and famous as the good ones - that's natural selection. The official medicine is a science of diseases, it often doesn't recognize the underlying cause, but cures only the obvious symptoms.

I looked very thoroughly through your post to find the punch line and finally realized there wasn't one.

You realize that in the US. alternative lifestyle usually refers to swinging, bisexual behavior, communes, group marriages, polygamy, etc.  Of course it could just be my perverted mind that thinks of this first before anything else.

Is this what you are trying to tell us why you remain in the backwoods? You have an alternative lifestyle that is simply fantastic involving community wide swinging? Or again is it my propensity for interpreting perversion and fun where there may be none intended.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

...swinging, bisexual behavior,...group marriages, polygamy, etc. 

I support this.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat

ClockCat wrote:

...swinging, bisexual behavior,...group marriages, polygamy, etc. 

I support this.

I support your mom.

Edit: I'm trying to bring back the fun, dammit!

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I can't let it go.

Okay, I can't let it go. Please, Luminon, at least drop homeopathy.

Why? Because it's pure water. In America, in Europe, on the moon, it doesn't matter: it's pure water. Ask someone who's into homeopathy. How little of something does there have to be in the sample? Now look up Avogadro's Number.

If your grasp of math is anything better than rudimentary, you'll notice that the chance of a molecule of whatever you're trying to be cured of is remote at best. That means pure water.

Please, please at the very least drop homeopathy, because then I'll know you're not crazy.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. It's nice to know there's always a future for me in Crapology if nothing else works out. Sticking out tongue

I actually do want to write a paper for Answers in Genesis's new 'journal' as part of the present 'competition' to bust them with a hoax paper. Smiling

oh please do i need a laugh 

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:The official medicine

Quote:

The official medicine is a science of diseases, it often doesn't recognize the underlying cause, but cures only the obvious symptoms.

That is absurd. Seriously, impossible though it may sound, it may benefit you to shut up when it comes to those matters, such as medical science, about which you know nothing. The current medical understanding of disease is extremely sophisticated and based on years of cutting edge research into molecular biology. I would know. This is, after all, my job. Much of the research into cancer in the last 10 years has focused on alterations in the normal intracellular pathways that would be present in healthy cells and the ability to detect cancer and halt cancer on the basis of the alterations in the intracellular signalling pathways that occur as a consequence of the proliferation and evolution of cancerous cells. Proliferation of cancer cells is now being understood in terms of the inter-cellular signalling pathways present in cancer cells, and the evolving means by which they . Trust me, you don't know the definition of "tortorously complicated" until you study modern molecular immunology. Researchers at Caltech have created what is essentially a "lab on a chip", miniature devices designed to analyze proteins present in a sample and construct an intracellular signalling map of a region.  The same principles of alterations of intracellular signalling hold true for viral infections such as HIV, which despite having only ten genes (one being an RNA gene) has the capacity to evade the mechanisms of the immune system. A swath of antibiotics target bacteria on the basis of elements of the transcription system not present in Eukaryota. Diseases such as Alzheimers are now being causally understood on the basis of the aggregation of malformed proteins. Quite soon we will have the capacity to tailor-make drugs for individuals on the basis of their genome. To sum up, we are now beginning to have an understanding of disease which is the most fundamental possible, namely, in terms of the molecular biology which underlies the functioning of an organism immune system, the consequent interactions between proteins in cells, and the interactions of viruses and proliferating cancer cells with the molecular pathways of the immune system. I say the most fundamental because we are at this point discussing complex sequences of interactions between large macromolecular and supramolecular structure. Obviously there is nothing wrong with the individual atoms themselves. This is the most fundamental understanding of disease it is possible to possess. The fact that we are now beginning to uncover it is a tremendous triumph of medical science (which is the only valid form of medicine)

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Please, please at the

Quote:

Please, please at the very least drop homeopathy, because then I'll know you're not crazy.

That's denying the antecedent. Believing in homeopathy implies Luminon is crazy, but that in turn does not imply that not believing in Homeopathy doesn't make Luminon crazy. Trust me, the time when you could say to Luminon "I know you're not crazy" hasn't just long since passed, it never existed in the first place.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

That's denying the antecedent.

Haha! Oh, you shoosh. I guess I meant "... then there's hope that you're not completely crazy."

Better?

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

nigelTheBold wrote:

The magnets are the only thing that make the quantum interdimensional shift possible! One bi-polar magnet, and a unipole magnet make a tripole magnet, which creates a flux wave in the nano-space.

here's the diagram:

It's not just that there's a sucker born every minute that bothers me, it's the ... no, it's that. That bothers me.

OK, why does this device only have the capability to go from the year 0 to the year 9999? Is this the economy model?

Also does it come with a users manual and installation instructions?

Is there a training course available? If so, how much and is it available in Southern?

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

most likey, but they are also likely in portugeese like most of this legit merchandise 

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Tapey

Tapey wrote:

most likey, but they are also likely in portugeese like most of this legit merchandise 

Close enough as I can read and badly speak Spanish.

Or in my bad Spanish: Lo suficientemente cerca como lo puede leer y hablar mal el español.

My original request in Spanish:_SetupBidi('source'); 

También hace que vienen con un manual del usuario y las instrucciones de instalación?  

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've often wondered... if

I've often wondered... if you could build a time machine, that'd be really great, but wouldn't you have to only go to a time when the earth would be in exactly the same position?  I mean, if you decide to go two days into the past, you're going to end up in outer space, right?  Or... do time machines not only move you through time, but also space?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
My $19.95 Microsoft optical

My $19.95 Microsoft optical mouse decided to get crappy while I was posting my last post of crap to crapology. Perhaps there was too much crap and it so sensed it and crapped.

Don't know but I replaced it with the backup $19.95 optical mouse possibly less and it seems to be once more happy not crappy.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I've

Hambydammit wrote:

I've often wondered... if you could build a time machine, that'd be really great, but wouldn't you have to only go to a time when the earth would be in exactly the same position?  I mean, if you decide to go two days into the past, you're going to end up in outer space, right?  Or... do time machines not only move you through time, but also space?

It would have to move you through space and time both, which is a further question regarding the economy model time machine Will  has posted.

Will,

does this device adjust for changes in space as well as time or is that also in the deluxe model?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

Hambydammit wrote:

It would have to move you through space and time both, which is a further question regarding the economy model time machine Will  has posted.

Will,

does this device adjust for changes in space as well as time or is that also in the deluxe model?

Uh, Hamby should know that by Back To The Future physics, all you need is some Christmas lights tied in a triangular configuration and a DeLorean, and you'll automatically be positioned correctly in space, regardless of the time you choose.

Jeez, Hamby, weren't you paying attention during the 80s?

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:should

Marty we're going to the FUTURE!

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Will,

Uh, Hamby should know that by Back To The Future physics, all you need is some Christmas lights tied in a triangular configuration and a DeLorean, and you'll automatically be positioned correctly in space, regardless of the time you choose.

Jeez, Hamby, weren't you paying attention during the 80s?

So, the Christmas lights aren't included in this model I take it. DeLoreans are in short supply, though I know where there are some at Universal only a few minutes down the road.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:I

I looked very thoroughly through your post to find the punch line and finally realized there wasn't one.

Why? People here presents their rather superficial opinion on alternative medicine, and my opinion somehow happens to be different, so I have to present it as well. At least it is different. What you do about it, that's your problem, I simply provide the information.

You realize that in the US. alternative lifestyle usually refers to swinging, bisexual behavior, communes, group marriages, polygamy, etc.  Of course it could just be my perverted mind that thinks of this first before anything else.
No, I had no idea about that. Here, the alternative life style means something else. You prefer the normal American way of life, I guess. Let me tell you about the measure of evil. If you kill one person, it's murder. If you kill one million of people, it's called a good business. If you kill ten millions per year just by starving them to death, it's the "American way of life".  Here, "alternative" means anything different to things which are destructive like that. It means to give a chance to the *alternative* medicine, instead of using always the modern, but invasive and short-sighted allopathic medicine. It means to pursue the *alternative* values -  spiritual and moral, instead of wealth and power. It also means to find an *alternative* sources of information, like independent media which presents more of truth about the world.

HisWillness wrote:
Okay, I can't let it go. Please, Luminon, at least drop homeopathy.

Why? Because it's pure water. In America, in Europe, on the moon, it doesn't matter: it's pure water. Ask someone who's into homeopathy. How little of something does there have to be in the sample? Now look up Avogadro's Number.

If your grasp of math is anything better than rudimentary, you'll notice that the chance of a molecule of whatever you're trying to be cured of is remote at best. That means pure water.

You actually thought the whole time that I believe that pure water has some chemical effects? We both know the chemical properties of homeopathic medicine, the original molecules are practically not there. But homeopathy does not have a chemical basis. It is based on the information carried by water or other medium, and it affects the endocrine and nerve system -and is also limited by them. In other words, it affects etheric body, which is bound to the endocrine and nerve system. And no - don't tell me that etheric body does not exist, I just spent a whole day by exercising it mentally, so I should know better than you. (now with our new rules it's the only thing with which I can entertain myself at work, the times of mp3 player are over)

Deludedgod: But this is exactly what I mean, the medicine understands perfectly the disease itself, but not why it appeared. Cancer can appear not only from unhealthy habits, toxins or radiation, but also from incorrect emotional relationships to the world. One my grandmother died like that, her cancer followed her patterns of thinking and behavior. Our body must every day destroy a possible sources of cancer in our body, but the incorrect relationship to the world can (through stress, for example) disable the body's immunity system from battling the cancer. It is a well known fact, that a disease may return, even if it was cured years before. In this case, the disease is the symptom itself for some deeper underlying problem. Similarly it is true for other diseases, like diabetes. You don't have to describe the cellular mechanisms here, what I mean is a human behavior which immensely increases the risk of a particular disease, or helps to heal it, when corrected.

Another point is again exactly what I mean. It is common that doctors does heal, for example, a varicose ulcer by healing the varicose ulcer. But every alternative medicine healer should know, that a cause of varicose ulcer is in kidneys not working well enough, thus the method is to support the kidneys. Similar it is with other organs, they're in a groups. Organs of every group are interconnected by a meridian, so a problem in one distant organ may show itself on another, distant one but being on the same meridian. In this case, what the official medicine does, is mere healing of the symptom, not the real problem. When the symptom appears again, it is seen as a new, separate disease and again seemingly healed... But one thing must be admitted - it's much, much more profitable for the official medicine that way. Almost everyone today is less or more sick somehow, except of the most resilient ones. Allergic rhinitis is believed to affect 20% of all adults and up to 40% of children - that would be unthinkable for people 60 years ago, who had to work with hay in a dusty places every day to feed their livestock. Isn't it a time for us to find an alternative?

The third point - the number of victims is also much greater. People shouts alarm when one person gets poisoned by a lead in a low quality herbs, but remains silent when millions worldwidely dies on the side-effects of their medicine. The chemotherapy is, for example, worse than the cancer itself. It is also well known that heart pills are toxic for liver, so a cardiac must decide if he likes his heart or liver more, or better said, what would he like to die from.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It is based on the

Quote:
It is based on the information carried by water or other medium, and it affects the endocrine and nerve system -and is also limited by them. In other words, it affects etheric body, which is bound to the endocrine and nerve system.

....I take this to mean that you won't be dropping it, then?

Just out of curiousity: how do you figure the water 'filters out' the 'bad', unintended information, then?

Quote:

February 27, 1940

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Luminon

Luminon wrote:

Why? People here presents their rather superficial opinion on alternative medicine, and my opinion somehow happens to be different, so I have to present it as well. At least it is different. What you do about it, that's your problem, I simply provide the information.

Luminon,

Chill baby, chill. This entire thread was one big pile of crap, hence it's title. A serious post was so not in line with the rest of the crap. Unless you were thinking something else entirely, I give it the possibility it was some how lost in translation.

Luminon wrote:
No, I had no idea about that. Here, the alternative life style means something else. You prefer the normal American way of life, I guess.

I was being snarky and a smartass little more. 

I have no idea what the normal American life is and I'm fairly sure I don't fit into a traditional mold in any event

Luminon wrote:

Let me tell you about the measure of evil. If you kill one person, it's murder. If you kill one million of people, it's called a good business. If you kill ten millions per year just by starving them to death, it's the "American way of life".  Here, "alternative" means anything different to things which are destructive like that. It means to give a chance to the *alternative* medicine, instead of using always the modern, but invasive and short-sighted allopathic medicine. It means to pursue the *alternative* values -  spiritual and moral, instead of wealth and power. It also means to find an *alternative* sources of information, like independent media which presents more of truth about the world.

OK, did that make you feel better now. 

Americans including me are nothing but capitalistic warmongering empire builders of crap. We want to colonize your crap too. We want the patents on your crap so we can have the crap built in China then sell your crap on late night infomercials with Vince the guy who gets bit on the tongue by a hooker.

Are we better now?

Can this thread now return to the pile of crap that was intended?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Are we better

Quote:
Are we better now?

Well, I am. Sticking out tongue

(j/k)

...Wait, where were we? Shouldn't somebody have sent my 20 dollars for my bread bag-- I mean, hydroquantic ionalysis treatment program, already?

Quote:

February 27, 1940

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:You actually

Luminon wrote:
You actually thought the whole time that I believe that pure water has some chemical effects?

Well I kinda hoped you'd see that it was silly.

Luminon wrote:
We both know the chemical properties of homeopathic medicine, the original molecules are practically not there.

Right! Exactly. That's such a relief. Here, I thought you were saying ... wait ...

Luminon wrote:
But homeopathy does not have a chemical basis.

Wha--

Luminon wrote:
It is based on the information carried by water or other medium, and it affects the endocrine and nerve system -and is also limited by them. In other words, it affects etheric body, which is bound to the endocrine and nerve system.

Oh. Sigh. Never mind.

Luminon wrote:
And no - don't tell me that etheric body does not exist, I just spent a whole day by exercising it mentally, so I should know better than you.

K.

I invented strawberries.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:I invented

HisWillness wrote:

I invented strawberries.

No, you didn't, they are a creation of the Panda.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

HisWillness wrote:

I invented strawberries.

I'm so happy that I'm about to incite your 1,000th post. No pressure.

When I invented strawberries, there weren't even pandas yet. Also, I'm made of homeopathy. Actually, my homeopathy is tingling as we speak.

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
1. You inhale water vapor

1. You inhale water vapor with every breath.

2. You are composed mainly of water.

3. Water has memory and the power to heal.

4. We never get sick.

I'm so glad I invented water!

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

I invented strawberries.

I'm so happy that I'm about to incite your 1,000th post. No pressure.

When I invented strawberries, there weren't even pandas yet. Also, I'm made of homeopathy. Actually, my homeopathy is tingling as we speak.

Thanks but my 1000th post made it on the Why atheists are disliked thread. So you get the 1001st.

I guess this means I'll be fighting Panda heretics for the next 1000 posts, cause what you do in the 1st post of a thousand you do for the next 1000?

You know of course the homeopathy was created by the Panda too.

So you are admitting you were made by the Panda.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:....I

Kevin R Brown wrote:

....I take this to mean that you won't be dropping it, then?

Sure. I can see that homeopathics works, so I can't drop the opinion.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
Just out of curiousity: how do you figure the water 'filters out' the 'bad', unintended information, then?

Just to answer you, non-dynamized (* see further) water is not considered to be really homeopathical, anyway. Even if yes, all the elements presents dissolved in water would make it (not) work as a homeopathical white noise. As for the filtering, the most probable choices are sunlight, evaporation, streaming, whatever. That's not important anyway.

Chill baby, chill. This entire thread was one big pile of crap, hence it's title. A serious post was so not in line with the rest of the crap. Unless you were thinking something else entirely, I give it the possibility it was some how lost in translation.
OK. I just somehow don't get the concept of a crapologic discussion - and for second, I have a painful lack of a serious discussion when I can't write to the F.A. I just figured out why the guys got into a dead-end in the topic of "Is there any meaning in the world" but I can hardly let them know. They probably won't find it out by themselves, and they think that they have actually arrived to a satisfying conclusion, which is doubtful.

I was being snarky and a smartass little more. 

I have no idea what the normal American life is and I'm fairly sure I don't fit into a traditional mold in any event

Eh, I've got to be more careful, to not mistake the skeptical mocking (which requires to stay serious) for a normal mocking Smiling

Sure.  I'm just feeling a bit cramped in the General conversation. A serious discussion in Freethinking Anonymous is barred to me thanks to Kevin's watchful eye and I don't care about the Bible study areas. Go ahead, nevermind.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

Thanks but my 1000th post made it on the Why atheists are disliked thread. So you get the 1001st.

I think you've forgotten what thread this is. Factual claims have no place, here! I incited your 1,000th post!

I dearly hope His High Holy and Merciful Mooseness will pardon you for your odd, completely made-up Pandafarian nonsense. It would be terrible to be stuck in a dark, black-fly-ridden Forest of Endless Night for all eternity.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:OK. I just

Luminon wrote:

OK. I just somehow don't get the concept of a crapologic discussion - and for second, I have a painful lack of a serious discussion when I can't write to the F.A. I just figured out why the guys got into a dead-end in the topic of "Is there any meaning in the world" but I can hardly let them know. They probably won't find it out by themselves, and they think that they have actually arrived to a satisfying conclusion, which is doubtful.

You can do what Cpt Pineapple does, laugh on the sidelines. Or start threads to enable that which you can't address elsewhere.

Luminon wrote:

Sure.  I'm just feeling a bit cramped in the General conversation. A serious discussion in Freethinking Anonymous is barred to me thanks to Kevin's watchful eye and I don't care about the Bible study areas. Go ahead, nevermind.

No problem. Feel free to post a thread that allows you to address the concern that you can't answer in FA.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness

HisWillness wrote:

I think you've forgotten what thread this is. Factual claims have no place, here! I incited your 1,000th post!

I dearly hope His High Holy and Merciful Mooseness will pardon you for your odd, completely made-up Pandafarian nonsense. It would be terrible to be stuck in a dark, black-fly-ridden Forest of Endless Night for all eternity.

Yes you did incite it.

His fake and lowlife scuminess the Moose  will eventually get that which is due him shortly.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Just to answer you,

Quote:
Just to answer you, non-dynamized (* see further) water is not considered to be really homeopathical, anyway. Even if yes, all the elements presents dissolved in water would make it (not) work as a homeopathical white noise. As for the filtering, the most probable choices are sunlight, evaporation, streaming, whatever. That's not important anyway.

...Okay.

Want to buy an ionic hydroquantum relaxant kit? Just 19.99. Smiling

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

...Okay.

Want to buy an ionic hydroquantum relaxant kit? Just 19.99. Smiling

No, thanks, I'm already a distributor for the central Europe Smiling

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
So that's what they call

So that's what they call "delusion-ridden gobshite" in Central Europe now!

But don't worry you're not alone. For the last eight years the US was led by a distributor.

In fact, I checked around to see who created distributors. Turns out it wasn't the panda this time. It was Daimler-Benz.

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote:So that's

Nordmann wrote:

So that's what they call "delusion-ridden gobshite" in Central Europe now!

Yeah, we have here a crazy sect of lunatics, in white robes and with leaves on their heads. They surely do speak like that. Their sect is called "Sissy Fuss" and has a logo of a man humping a big brain. They also give stones to people, which are afterwards shown out with pride, to show everyone who's the best at making the Sissy Fuss sect angry. We pity them for their Moon-high bigotry and pride, but we do not welcome their attempts to intrude into people's freedom of choosing their sources of health and information.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
What, your skeptics society?

What, your skeptics society? They seem awesome. Check them out giving the Golden Erratic Boulder of Sisyphus to an alien in lieu of someone who claims to have knowledge of aliens:

ttp://www.sysifos.cz/index.php?id=obrazky&idd=pix1192714704-1.jpg&lang=en&altik=They are here !

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
Nordmann wrote: But don't

Nordmann wrote:

But don't worry you're not alone. For the last eight years the US was led by a distributor. 

I thought he was an addict.