The Star is Seen Worldwide (news release)

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Star is Seen Worldwide (news release)

In December 2008 I started a topic A new 'star' appeared, watch the sky . It included a photographs just taken in my country. It was posted on December 13. Why?

On 12 December 2008 Share International distributed a news release announcing that in the very near future a large, bright star will appear in the sky visible throughout the world, night and day. Around a week later Maitreya will give His first interview on a major US television programme. Since early January 2009, sightings of the star have been reported from all over the world and more and more sightings are being sent to us daily.

I encouraged you to watch the sky for things to come. Though I wasn't sure about it at all, the promise was indeed fulfilled. (which I didn't know until the end of January) Since early January through February and even in this moment, the Star visits our sky and is being noticed, photographed and filmed by many people worldwide. Numerous photographs and videos on Youtube are the evidence for that. And the December announcement to the media is an evidence, that they knew this ahead, before it happened. I think this is very remarkable.
I have seen people to say that this is Venus, Saturn, Moon, satellite, ultra-light airplane, balloon, and so on. These hypotheses can be easily dismissed by the extraordinary features of the Star. Besides of how it's looking like, (changing shape, colors, etc) it has been also photographed as changing position quickly, and had been seen during the day as well as night, worldwide. The best way to judge is to view the photographs, watch the videos and read the letters of those who had sent them. Now with the end of March Venus shouldn't be so visible, thus the Star has the skies for itself. This is a great event, one which shouldn't escape your attention. Now it's up to you to get known with the evidence, recall if you had seen something on the sky, and make your opinion. You can still contribute the videos and photographs, and of course, you can demand on your local media to react on this event.

Here are the sources for you to look at:
The SI Star page with tenths of photographs and letters
The first video of the Star I saw (next to it are more links on another videos of the same thing from the world)
And here are also some news releases, showing that the media reacts on this as well:
http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY=/www/story/04-06-2009/0005001769&EDATE=
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/the-star-is-seen-worldwide,775074.shtml
http://www.scientificblogging.com/newswire/star_seen_worldwide
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU0904/S00155.htm

The announcement back in December is of course still on the SI News releases page. Reactions of media can be easily googled by it's title, the 'Christmas Miracle'. (for example, here)

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Are you telling me that

Are you telling me that doesn't look like a kite to you? A kite with lights on it? It even has that piece of fabric in the middle connecting to the string.

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea -- I think I'm going to make one of those kites.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most of the pics I saw on

Most of the pics I saw on the first site were certainly not of a star, way too big and bright. Others could well be Venus or other planets. They are obviously not of the same thing. Anything like that actually observable that was remotely that bright in the sky that was at stellar or even planetary distances would have been massive news in astronomical and other scientific circles. I regularly follow science news both in print and on line, so in the total absence of any reference to something like this, I think it is safe to say we are seeing a diverse collection of typical UFO-style 'sightings'.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am not even going to

I am not even going to bother looking at your links. If there was something new in the sky that was visible to the naked eye, google news would be all over it like white on rice. That not having happened, I assume that this is a bunch of bunk.

Caveat: I did not bother to actually check google news before posting. There are few things that could be new in the sky since I checked google news yesterday afternoon and of those that could be naked eye visible, they all pretty much mean that we have a few hours before the whole earth is dead.

Basically, if you are alive to read this, you are automatically wrong. Deal with it dude.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Star reacts to thought

Quote:

Star reacts to thought of Japanese spectator

Dear Editor,
On 15 February 2009 I was thinking about the “bright star” and intuitively I aimed my cell phone camera toward the sun and took several photos one minute apart. Later, looking at the photos I saw a round object near the sun – either to the right, left, or above the sun. I was puzzled as to how the object could have moved so quickly.

Also, I took a photo of the sun as I stood in front of the Boston Museum in Nagoya. I could see a tiny point in the photo, near the window of a building a few meters away from me.  I said in my mind, “If you are a UFO, will you show yourself bigger?” In the next photos the object could be seen more clearly, showing itself in a different position in each shot.  (The object was confirmed to be a UFO but not the Star.) (Editor’s note: The UFOs are beginning to respond to thought requests from those unafraid and welcoming their presence.)

Next, I decided to take a photo of a sunset scene over the Kiso River in Gifu, believing the bright star would definitely appear near a beautiful sunset. I aimed my cell phone camera towards it. On the display screen I could see a tiny object moving. I made various requests in my mind: “You are too small to see. Will you make yourself more visible? Please come closer to me. Please go closer to Inuyama Castle”, etc. Each time, the object responded to my thought. I didn’t see it with my naked eye, but it showed on the camera. I am convinced that the bright star exists and our thoughts really do materialize.  [See photo in the March issue of Share International]

I told this story to another member of the group, Miyako Hirai. She also talked to the object when she took a photo of the sun, saying: “Please make yourself bigger” and the object showed itself much bigger.
M.S., Inuyama-shi, Gifu, Japan.

(Benjamin Creme’s Master confirms that it was the Star, and it was responding to her thought requests.)

Japan: Two photographs of the sunset, taken three minutes apart at 5.20pm on
15 February 2009
in Inuyama-shi by M.S. The star can be seen in two different positions.
Inuyama-shi 2/1 Japan: Please, see note on left and the letter above. Inuyama-shi 2/2

This is the quality of the 'evidence' presented. Most of the photos on that site are artifacts of the *camera* being used to take the picture. Others are clearly Venus, and others are airplanes. Point nearly any camera at a bright light, such as the sun, and you'll see little specks of light nearby as the light imperfectly refracts in an imperfect camera lens. And, of course, as your hand inevitably moves, so does the refraction artifact. You can even subconsciously make it move 'closer' and get 'bigger' by subconsciously moving your hand to achieve the desired effect. Since you falsely believe that the refraction artifact is a real object out in the real world, you mistakenly believe that you are communicating with it with your thoughts.

And yet this Benjamin Creme fellow proclaims them all to be 'the star'. Benjamin Creme's credibility just fell through the floor. If his source of knowledge tells him that obvious examples of camera artifacts are a magical star, then his source of knowledge is crap.

This story just confirms that if you tell people what to see (December 'prophecy'), they will see it. It is no different to the stage magician who tells you you are seeing magic when he pulls a rabbit out of a hat. If you believe in the magic, you will see it, even though it's really a cheap trick.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote: Are you

HisWillness wrote:

Are you telling me that doesn't look like a kite to you? A kite with lights on it? It even has that piece of fabric in the middle connecting to the string.

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea -- I think I'm going to make one of those kites.

No, it doesn't look like a kite to me.

BobSpence1 wrote:

Most of the pics I saw on the first site were certainly not of a star, way too big and bright. Others could well be Venus or other planets. They are obviously not of the same thing. Anything like that actually observable that was remotely that bright in the sky that was at stellar or even planetary distances would have been massive news in astronomical and other scientific circles. I regularly follow science news both in print and on line, so in the total absence of any reference to something like this, I think it is safe to say we are seeing a diverse collection of typical UFO-style 'sightings'.

In the legend, a "star" appeared on the sky and led three kings/mages to newborn Jesus. That star was pretty much like this one, appearing and disappearing, and moving. It was only called so, because of lack of a better word. Now, this object was promised to appear during the late Christmas period in January, around the Three Kings day, this is why it's called metaphorically "christmas star" or just "Star" now that the Christmas is over. It's obvious for those who had read the December announcement. And yes, technically, it is UFO. Mr. Creme's getting near his 90's, would you want an actual star from the old man?

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I am not even going to bother looking at your links. If there was something new in the sky that was visible to the naked eye, google news would be all over it like white on rice. That not having happened, I assume that this is a bunch of bunk.

Google news? What's that?
http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=Benjamin+Creme
Is that enough?

natural wrote:

And yet this Benjamin Creme fellow proclaims them all to be 'the star'. Benjamin Creme's credibility just fell through the floor. If his source of knowledge tells him that obvious examples of camera artifacts are a magical star, then his source of knowledge is crap.

This story just confirms that if you tell people what to see (December 'prophecy'), they will see it. It is no different to the stage magician who tells you you are seeing magic when he pulls a rabbit out of a hat. If you believe in the magic, you will see it, even though it's really a cheap trick.

And what about videos, mr. Camera artifact?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What about videos? Are they

What about videos? Are they not taken with cameras as well?

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:natural

Luminon wrote:

natural wrote:

And what about videos, mr. Camera artifact?

Don't dodge the point.

Do you agree that some of the images on the website you linked to are camera artifacts?

Do you acknowledge that Benjamin Creme 'verified' some of these camera artifact images as examples of 'the star'?

Do you acknowledge that this false 'verification' indicates that Creme is full of shit? If he truly had access to esoteric knowledge, then he wouldn't be claiming that these images are anything more than camera artifacts.

As for videos, I did not say *all* the images were camera artifacts. Some were clearly Venus. Others airplane lights. There are lots of different shiny things you can catch on video that are not magic stars.

The one video I saw was out of focus and did not provide any context. It was just a bright rectangle. It could have been anything. When your camera is out of focus and low resolution, just about any light will show up as a glowing shape of some sort.

Credulous people will say, "I just *know* that vague glowing blob on my camera is the magic star Benjamin Creme told me about." This is nothing more than humans believing dumb shit, which happens everyday.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Don't dodge

natural wrote:

Don't dodge the point.

Do you agree that some of the images on the website you linked to are camera artifacts?

I don't know.

natural wrote:
Do you acknowledge that Benjamin Creme 'verified' some of these camera artifact images as examples of 'the star'?
If he is wise enough to sort out the pictures of Venus (as he writes) then he is probably also wise enough to sort out the real camera artifacts. After all, he predicted the whole thing and he succesfully predicted some other important and specific events, which should be still mentioned on the first page in every his magazine.

natural wrote:
Do you acknowledge that this false 'verification' indicates that Creme is full of shit? If he truly had access to esoteric knowledge, then he wouldn't be claiming that these images are anything more than camera artifacts.
They might be a camera artifacts, but not necessarily. It's not sure. A camera artifact like you mean here (lens flare I guess) would usually have more of these specks of light in one line.

natural wrote:
As for videos, I did not say *all* the images were camera artifacts. Some were clearly Venus. Others airplane lights. There are lots of different shiny things you can catch on video that are not magic stars.
Are there any photographs of Venus which looks like that? I mean, colourful, shiny, with corona, geometric shape, texture, etc? And...changing position, as it was often reported? Btw, I doubt that any of these are airplane lights, these are a common sight, they have two colors if I remember, and they move at a steady speed and direction. It's a common sense to sort out things like that from our attention. More probably,  most of the Star appearances weren't reported by people at all, because they thought that it's Venus. (that's my case also) Anyway, the future will show, the Venus should be gone under horizon by now.

natural wrote:
The one video I saw was out of focus and did not provide any context. It was just a bright rectangle. It could have been anything. When your camera is out of focus and low resolution, just about any light will show up as a glowing shape of some sort.
If you mean the Pasadena video, there's a lot of context, like the surroundings (trees, houses, etc), exact properties of the camera used, and a clear statement that it is not a star or airplane, which I think is a common sense. The info is here

natural wrote:
Credulous people will say, "I just *know* that vague glowing blob on my camera is the magic star Benjamin Creme told me about." This is nothing more than humans believing dumb shit, which happens everyday.
Yeah. Open-minded people will say that "It might be the Star..." and other people will say "Look at that meteorologic balloon, they make them rectangular nowadays." Anyway, the photo quality downgrades the impression, the Star itself seen personally must be amazing enough to encourage all these people to risk ridiculing from folks who believe in a sudden worldwide epidemy of Venusmania.

BobSpence
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just for the record, video

Just for the record, video camera optics display exactly the same sort of effects.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Just for

BobSpence1 wrote:

Just for the record, video camera optics display exactly the same sort of effects.

Dammit! Beat me to it. It might be better to call them lens artifacts. Maybe that would get the point across better?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's theist badge

I think it's theist badge time.  Luminon is clearly embracing the beliefs of Benjamin Creme, who if you aren't aware, is a senile Scottish man who imagines that he gets messages from a messianic figure called "Maitreya" whose purpose is to unite the world's religions.  The star mentioned in these posts is something Creme claimed would appear to the world (and so it has, by means of certain members of the woo woo community wanting to see it) and Luminon is clearly attempting proselytization, albeit in a sneaky way.  Check out the link below and see what you think.

http://www.share-international.org/magazine/old_issues/2009/2009-04.htm#Factsandforecasts

The star that Luminon has been talking about lo these many months is referred to as the "sign of His Emergence, the 'star-like luminary of brilliant power'".  Note the capitalized "H" in "His".  Taking into account the star stuff and some posts from earlier this year referencing a belief in Theosophy, I think the case is made that Luminon does indeed follow a religion, albeit a spacey New Age one.  

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Luminon? If it's a real

Hey, Luminon? If it's a real celestial body, what are it's coordinates on the WorldWide Telescope, so that we can take a closer look see?

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The 'Star' was just seen by

The 'Star' was just seen by our family friend currently living in Scotland - and a few weeks before that by another one, in Brusel. Venus is already out of sky, for me the conclusion is clear.

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

I think it's theist badge time.  Luminon is clearly embracing the beliefs of Benjamin Creme, who if you aren't aware, is a senile Scottish man who imagines that he gets messages from a messianic figure called "Maitreya" whose purpose is to unite the world's religions.  The star mentioned in these posts is something Creme claimed would appear to the world (and so it has, by means of certain members of the woo woo community wanting to see it) and Luminon is clearly attempting proselytization, albeit in a sneaky way.  Check out the link below and see what you think.

I and our groups have a long history of seeing mr. Creme's information being fulfiled in reality. If our groups wouldn't be visited by a Master (Maitreya probably) there would be nothing left to convince us. For people who haven't been so lucky, there is the 'Star' on our skies. There is a wide array of unusual phenomena recorded by photograph, video and testimony of non-anonymous people.
My interest is not proselytization. It is informing people about the important contemporary events, which can (and hopefully will) change all aspects of our lives. It is supporting the people's call for justice and sharing, without which there will be no future, it's telling us that we are not alone nor overpowered in that effort. It is obvious, that all people everywhere wants healthy families, good relationships, clean environment, and self-realization. This is what a great part, at least a half of the Share International magazine is about. There are articles about economy and finances, politics, ecology, technology, medicine, charity, social care, education, and so on, all that does benefit the humanity. If this is foolish, then I am a fool, but it is an indivisible part of mr. Creme's message and his many years of work, it always was. I dare to say, that in the SI magazine there are events of global importance, which in media we find either not mentioned, or only briefly. A mutated duck of a Chinese farmer gets more attention in my TV than millions of people demonstrating together against poverty.

Mr. Creme is surprisingly not senile, he is well capable of travelling around the world without rest, having a lengthty lectures requiring a coherent speech, and he also handles the editorial of his magazine and correspondence.By the way, his message was the same (except of new events) 30 years ago just as today, so it's not a result of senility. His message was also confirmed by American diplomat Wayne Peterson. (the book Extraordinary Times, Extraordinary Beings: Experiences of an American Diplomat with Maitreya and the Masters of Wisdom) It also seems, that Mikhail Gorbachev has publicly stated his belief of the existence of Maitreya, and his wife did meet Sathya Sai Baba, who is also mentioned in the whole story.
Interview with Peterson is here.

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Hey, Luminon? If it's a real celestial body, what are it's coordinates on the WorldWide Telescope, so that we can take a closer look see?

It's not a celestial body, it's an unidentified flying object purposedly being showed around the Earth to all people to see. Thus, when it's shining brightly on one place, for other places it's hidden behind horizon.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote: Kevin R

Luminon wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

It's not a celestial body, it's an unidentified flying object purposedly being showed around the Earth to all people to see. Thus, when it's shining brightly on one place, for other places it's hidden behind horizon.

WTF?! So there is a UFO shining on the planet? Funny I have been outside at a music festival for the past 5 days with not much to do during the day but look at the sky and pass out, didn't see a thing but I supose it only appears to certain people, would be a mighty convenent thing if it is like that wouldn't it? this would be big news if it were true but I haven't heared a word about it before now so im going to assume its just another  bullshit story.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

BobSpence
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:It's not a

Luminon wrote:

Well it would appear to have failed rather seriously in that purpose, since only an extremely small percentage of the people of the world apparently report having seen anything that remotely fits the description.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

Dammit! Beat me to it. It might be better to call them lens artifacts. Maybe that would get the point across better?

For all we know, Maitreya may have given these folks a way to make videos without cameras. You know., woo-woo video.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote: I and our

Luminon wrote:

I and our groups have a long history of seeing mr. Creme's information being fulfiled in reality. If our groups wouldn't be visited by a Master (Maitreya probably) there would be nothing left to convince us. For people who haven't been so lucky, there is the 'Star' on our skies. There is a wide array of unusual phenomena recorded by photograph, video and testimony of non-anonymous people.
My interest is not proselytization. It is informing people about the important contemporary events, which can (and hopefully will) change all aspects of our lives. It is supporting the people's call for justice and sharing, without which there will be no future, it's telling us that we are not alone nor overpowered in that effort. It is obvious, that all people everywhere wants healthy families, good relationships, clean environment, and self-realization. This is what a great part, at least a half of the Share International magazine is about. There are articles about economy and finances, politics, ecology, technology, medicine, charity, social care, education, and so on, all that does benefit the humanity. If this is foolish, then I am a fool, but it is an indivisible part of mr. Creme's message and his many years of work, it always was. I dare to say, that in the SI magazine there are events of global importance, which in media we find either not mentioned, or only briefly. A mutated duck of a Chinese farmer gets more attention in my TV than millions of people demonstrating together against poverty.

Mr. Creme is surprisingly not senile, he is well capable of travelling around the world without rest, having a lengthty lectures requiring a coherent speech, and he also handles the editorial of his magazine and correspondence.By the way, his message was the same (except of new events) 30 years ago just as today, so it's not a result of senility. His message was also confirmed by American diplomat Wayne Peterson. (the book Extraordinary Times, Extraordinary Beings: Experiences of an American Diplomat with Maitreya and the Masters of Wisdom) It also seems, that Mikhail Gorbachev has publicly stated his belief of the existence of Maitreya, and his wife did meet Sathya Sai Baba, who is also mentioned in the whole story.
Interview with Peterson is here.

Ladies and gentlemen of the boards, it is clear from Mr. Luminon's testimony that he considers himself a member of a group that awaits a mystical figure who will arrive on our benighted little planet to save us from ourselves. To label a Christian a theist and not Luminon is hypocritical.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:On 12 December

Luminon wrote:

On 12 December 2008 Share International distributed a news release announcing that in the very near future a large, bright star will appear in the sky visible throughout the world, night and day. Around a week later Maitreya will give His first interview on a major US television programme. Since early January 2009, sightings of the star have been reported from all over the world and more and more sightings are being sent to us daily.

I predict a huge swimming life form will suddenly appear just above the surface of the ocean. I encourage you to watch the seas for any activity.

Seriously, how vague can a "prediction" be? Sooner or later a new star is going to show up.

Quote:
I encouraged you to watch the sky for things to come. Though I wasn't sure about it at all, the promise was indeed fulfilled.

Oh my! I AM ALL GOOSEBUMPLY!

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:WTF?! So there

Tapey wrote:

WTF?! So there is a UFO shining on the planet? Funny I have been outside at a music festival for the past 5 days with not much to do during the day but look at the sky and pass out, didn't see a thing but I supose it only appears to certain people, would be a mighty convenent thing if it is like that wouldn't it? this would be big news if it were true but I haven't heared a word about it before now so im going to assume its just another  bullshit story.

Well, just be patient like I was. Right now it's after 9 PM here and I've been returning from the city about a hour ago. Just after I got out of the bus, I looked on the sky. Something caught my attention there.
All stars were having a steady, dim light of about white color. Except of one. There was (and still is at this moment) a different star. This star was brighter than others and flickered very intensely. It was brightly white, but also flickered with unmistakably red and blue color. It was not an airplane or balloon, because it remained on place for about 20 minutes which I was looking. (I measured it against a solid orientation point) It was an outstanding sight, no star on the sky was like this.

I called mom to get a camera, but the distance was probably too great for our camera and what I saw in camera's display was looking rather like this, so the photographs won't be very impressive, but the sight itself was. Now I understand why it catches people's attention so much. If I wasn't before speaking out of my own experience, now I am.

There is one technical detail, though. The 'Star' sometimes seems to overshadow a certain celestial bodies to enhance their light. In the place where I was looking, is supposed to be the star Sirius. (an "extension" of the Orion's belt axis) But Sirius I guess doesn't flicker with red and blue. It couldn't be an air stream in atmosphere, it is a calm night out there and all other stars are a steady, smaller white points without any two-colourful shimmering coming out of them.

As for the news, it indeed appeared in a newspaper in Norway and maybe elsewhere, but except of that there is probably too much of people who think that such a things does appear automatically in the news, without people having to report them by their own repeated effort. Not even this happens by itself.

DamnDirtyApe wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen of the boards, it is clear from Mr. Luminon's testimony that he considers himself a member of a group that awaits a mystical figure who will arrive on our benighted little planet to save us from ourselves. To label a Christian a theist and not Luminon is hypocritical.

Holey shit, DDA, that is not a mystical figure. We mysticize everything, but M. is a practical man, not a mystic, and he's being seen by thousands of people, and also photographed many times. He met many people, including members of our group, other groups around, and even some people not directly related to our work. Exactly the same reports are coming from every corner of the world, and they are similar to how he appeared to us. He's indeed a bit excentric, but he has a great sense of humour and wisdom, and people can, with some practice, recognize him. He's on every Creme's lecture, for example. And no, he will not save us without our will or effort, he clearly says that we will have to do all the work, he's a teacher, (as is written in his passport) so he can inspire us how to do it, if we ask.
Don't be so eager with dividing people on theists and nontheists, my opinion is based on many observations from reliable sources. There is much more evidence for Maitreya's existence than against it.

aiia wrote:

Seriously, how vague can a "prediction" be? Sooner or later a new star is going to show up.

Yeah, a nebulas gets pressed together and starts a nuclear reaction and their light arrives to us every day, yeah.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
For the record

For the record Luminon...

There is no such thing as "teleportation punch", its just Kool-Aid and Arsenic. It will not teleport you to a hidden space-craft hiding near earth, and you will not be shown the secrets of the universe by your new found alien friends. Instead, you will drink it, and die... and i will laugh, and point, and giggle.

*See Applegate for refference*

What Would Kharn Do?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I'll wait for the interview,

I'll wait for the interview, thanks.

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Holey shit,

Luminon wrote:

Holey shit, DDA, that is not a mystical figure. We mysticize everything, but M. is a practical man, not a mystic, and he's being seen by thousands of people, and also photographed many times. He met many people, including members of our group, other groups around, and even some people not directly related to our work. Exactly the same reports are coming from every corner of the world, and they are similar to how he appeared to us. He's indeed a bit excentric, but he has a great sense of humour and wisdom, and people can, with some practice, recognize him. He's on every Creme's lecture, for example. And no, he will not save us without our will or effort, he clearly says that we will have to do all the work, he's a teacher, (as is written in his passport) so he can inspire us how to do it, if we ask.
Don't be so eager with dividing people on theists and nontheists, my opinion is based on many observations from reliable sources. There is much more evidence for Maitreya's existence than against it.

A non-mystical figure who supposedly communicates telepathically with only one person, the aforementioned Mr. Creme?  A non-mystical person who can supposedly appear and disappear at will, "magnetizing" water so that it will provide healing benefits?  A non-mystical person who claims (again, through his wigged out prophet, Benjamin Creme) that he was the source of the healing powers of Jesus?  As for the passport, why does Creme choose to show a photograph of a handprint on a mirror instead?  If you have the evidence and you weren't afraid of being labeled a devotee of a fictional man claimed by his prophet to be the successor to every major religious figure in history, you would show that evidence rather than make these pronouncements about a new star in the heavens.

Luminon, you're a believer in supernatural phenomena and you've given me all the evidence I need to prove that you believe that those phenomena are centralized in a single person.  You've more than earned your theist tag, and if you had anything like a pair of balls you'd admit it and ask for one.  

--Bertrand Russell

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Tapey

Luminon wrote:

Tapey wrote:

Well, just be patient like I was. Right now it's after 9 PM here and I've been returning from the city about a hour ago. Just after I got out of the bus, I looked on the sky. Something caught my attention there.
All stars were having a steady, dim light of about white color. Except of one. There was (and still is at this moment) a different star. This star was brighter than others and flickered very intensely. It was brightly white, but also flickered with unmistakably red and blue color. It was not an airplane or balloon, because it remained on place for about 20 minutes which I was looking. (I measured it against a solid orientation point) It was an outstanding sight, no star on the sky was like this.

I called mom to get a camera, but the distance was probably too great for our camera and what I saw in camera's display was looking rather like this, so the photographs won't be very impressive, but the sight itself was. Now I understand why it catches people's attention so much. If I wasn't before speaking out of my own experience, now I am.

There is one technical detail, though. The 'Star' sometimes seems to overshadow a certain celestial bodies to enhance their light. In the place where I was looking, is supposed to be the star Sirius. (an "extension" of the Orion's belt axis) But Sirius I guess doesn't flicker with red and blue. It couldn't be an air stream in atmosphere, it is a calm night out there and all other stars are a steady, smaller white points without any two-colourful shimmering coming out of them.

As for the news, it indeed appeared in a newspaper in Norway and maybe elsewhere, but except of that there is probably too much of people who think that such a things does appear automatically in the news, without people having to report them by their own repeated effort. Not even this happens by itself.

So il be waiting for that news then? But untill I see it or it is common knowledge i think i will be treating it as false, you wouldn't want me beliving without evidance would you? with all the problems with photos and videos I really can't trust them. I have to admit would be cool if it were true though. Btw personal stories are risky if they can be shown as false and I get the feeling this can be if indeed it is false. Im hoping you just got confused or you are right but other than that....

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:HisWillness

Luminon wrote:

HisWillness wrote:

No, it doesn't look like a kite to me. 

Really? It looks just like a kite with lights in a diamond shape! What it actually looks like is someone imitating the Dr. Who Christmas special from a few years ago.

fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:spike.barnett

jcgadfly wrote:

spike.barnett wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

For all we know, Maitreya may have given these folks a way to make videos without cameras. You know., woo-woo video.

That or they have magical lenses that refract light perfectly. That'll teach us naysayers!

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in an astronomy class

I'm in an astronomy class right now and we have to chart all the major stars and planets, in addition to other observable phenomena visible to the naked eye and low powered telescopes.

I can report no one in our class, from January to present has viewed any "strange new stars". Let alone ones with +6 apparent magnitude or better.

As for appearing color shifts with flickering, twinkling, blinking, winking, or otherwise "dips" in light, that is normal. It is simply a consequence of viewing celestial bodies through our atmosphere. This isn't even to mention the clouds of gas, dust, and other debris that may be crossing the incredibly long path the light from any star has to reach us.

Really. This is covered in basic astronomy guys.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I can report no one in

Quote:

I can report no one in our class, from January to present has viewed any "strange new stars". Let alone ones with +6 apparent magnitude or better.

If the star was indeed visible "during the day" as Luminon claimed then it would have to have an apparent magnitude less than that of Sol (i.e m<-26). In for a star to have that such a high apparent brightness, it would either have to be either extremely luminous, or extremely close. If this was indeed the case, it would appear to all observers everywhere that we would have a second sun, and there would no longer be a night sky. The closest stars to us apart from Sol are several light years away, and thus the total wattage we on Earth receive is only approximately 10-35 of their luminosity. So either a new stage in stellar evolution which produces stars of as-of-yet unheard of luminsoity and size exists, to the point where we'd have to extend the HR diagram, which is ridiculous (no main sequence star has enough fuel to do that), or an ordinary G-class star has formed nearer to Earth than the sun, which is beyond all measure of silliness.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:Quote:I can

deludedgod wrote:

Quote:

If the star was indeed visible "during the day" as Luminon claimed

Oh right, I forgot that he said during the DAY as well as night.  Fantastic.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:It is informing people

Quote:
It is informing people about the important contemporary events, which can (and hopefully will) change all aspects of our lives. It is supporting the people's call for justice and sharing, without which there will be no future, it's telling us that we are not alone nor overpowered in that effort. It is obvious, that all people everywhere wants healthy families, good relationships, clean environment, and self-realization. This is what a great part, at least a half of the Share International magazine is about. There are articles about economy and finances, politics, ecology, technology, medicine, charity, social care, education, and so on, all that does benefit the humanity. If this is foolish, then I am a fool, but it is an indivisible part of mr. Creme's message and his many years of work, it always was. I dare to say, that in the SI magazine there are events of global importance, which in media we find either not mentioned, or only briefly. A mutated duck of a Chinese farmer gets more attention in my TV than millions of people demonstrating together against poverty.

...He said, right before downing his cyanide capsule.

Luminon, dude, please go ahead and give your head a shake. This is batty fucking bullshit. SETI is still listening on an extremely wide range of frequencies and the void remains quite, well, void.

Creme is an asshole who is defrauding you.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

February 27, 1940

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I'll wait for

jcgadfly wrote:

I'll wait for the interview, thanks.

You're welcome. I'll let us know here when the interview was broadcasted, but I won't be able to identify him except by his ideas, and he'll keep a low profile in the beginning. I also don't have an American TV, so I'll have to rely on others to watch it. But a new celebrity shouldn't be too diffcult to notice.

Tapey wrote:

So il be waiting for that news then? But untill I see it or it is common knowledge i think i will be treating it as false, you wouldn't want me beliving without evidance would you? with all the problems with photos and videos I really can't trust them. I have to admit would be cool if it were true though. Btw personal stories are risky if they can be shown as false and I get the feeling this can be if indeed it is false. Im hoping you just got confused or you are right but other than that....

It's nice to see another polite person! Sure, do as you want. I'm just doing my part in letting people know what's happening, so they will know what all these loonies around are talking about. If you will see the Star without any doubts, you can take a photograph and report it to the media if you want. After the Star will be really noticed in our media, in about a week we can start watch for a common man of good will on TV who will have some interesting ideas. I should receive a notice from Creme's group when it happens, but it doesn't happen by itself, only if the media response is sufficient. There is no solid date for anything, it's as soon as we make it.

ClockCat wrote:

As for appearing color shifts with flickering, twinkling, blinking, winking, or otherwise "dips" in light, that is normal. It is simply a consequence of viewing celestial bodies through our atmosphere. This isn't even to mention the clouds of gas, dust, and other debris that may be crossing the incredibly long path the light from any star has to reach us.

I had thought of that, but all other stars around were perfectly normal, having a steady colourless light. No colors, no flickering. But the one was like something I never saw before and not even my mother, who is was an amateur stargazer as a hobby in her youth.

DG: you probably forgot that the 'Star' is called so, because it's a symbollic representation of Christmas legend, when three wise men were guided by a "star" which wasn't really an immovable astronomic object. Using astronomy here is pointless, the object is most probably local, in the Earth's atmosphere. And your taking of everything literally without having a clue what's going on is weird. It's your bad habit.

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Luminon, dude, please go ahead and give your head a shake. This is batty fucking bullshit. SETI is still listening on an extremely wide range of frequencies and the void remains quite, well, void.

Creme is an asshole who is defrauding you.

I knew the man who deciphered the WOW signal received by SETI. I have his book at home. The proof is mathemathically correct, but no local academic ever bothered to look at it, because, well, it isn't possible for anything like that to exist, ever. This is why there was no scientific reaction and no effort to translate into english the introductory book and newly discovered parts, available online. How do I know that it's mathemathically correct? I was on that man's lecture several years ago. 4 people came into the empty hall full of seats, including me and my father. Even if you're an open-minded curious, rational man, your fellow scientific colleagues in this country failed miserably. And we? We're currently busy with the Reappearance work and saving our lives from global crises. Extraterrestrial contacts have to wait.

As for Creme, he has more compassion for the two thirds of global population suffering less or more by poverty, diseases, famine and wars, than any other white european man, and he devoted more than 30 years of his life to teach the world to share and save itself. He has my deep respect. Even if he would be a fraud, his teaching about a correct human relationships is the necessity for us to accept if we want to survive another century on this planet.

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

A non-mystical person who can supposedly appear and disappear at will,

This was confirmed by many witnesses, for example, in Kenya 1988. 
DamnDirtyApe wrote:
"magnetizing" water so that it will provide healing benefits?
The Tlacote healing well near Mexico City keeps a big archive of those, who had been helped by their water and wrote back. The water is for free, btw.
DamnDirtyApe wrote:
  As for the passport, why does Creme choose to show a photograph of a handprint on a mirror instead?
Creme doesn't meet with Maitreya, he is a disciple of one of Maitreya's disciples. The passport was used back in 1977 for M. to come by plane from Himalayas through Pakistan to London and make his living there legally and without infringing a free will. It was given out by one sheikh in Pakistan and thus is no more convincing than any other Pakistani passport on a common Muslim-like sounding name.
DamnDirtyApe wrote:
If you have the evidence and you weren't afraid of being labeled a devotee of a fictional man claimed by his prophet to be the successor to every major religious figure in history, you would show that evidence rather than make these pronouncements about a new star in the heavens.
I did show the photographs, videos and letters from people. It is not in my power to provide any more evidence - except of the fact of knowing of all this in advance, from the SI announcement. And maybe except of this video, featuring Maitreya on a Muslim festival. I hope I won't get many of banal objections which can be refuted by common sense, like "this is a figure lit from the front side".

DamnDirtyApe wrote:
Luminon, you're a believer in supernatural phenomena and you've given me all the evidence I need to prove that you believe that those phenomena are centralized in a single person.  You've more than earned your theist tag, and if you had anything like a pair of balls you'd admit it and ask for one.  

I'm not a believer, I am convinced by the events near and far and by evidence, photographic and personal. (not limited to only my person, of course) As for the feared theist badge, if I will not manage to avoid it, I can at least hope that it will be removed if my story will come true. I've done what I could, now the future can show the result. As for the "supernatural phenomena", I understand it as a form of advanced technology.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:As for Creme, he has

Quote:
As for Creme, he has more compassion for the two thirds of global population suffering less or more by poverty, diseases, famine and wars, than any other white european man, and he devoted more than 30 years of his life to teach the world to share and save itself. He has my deep respect. Even if he would be a fraud, his teaching about a correct human relationships is the necessity for us to accept if we want to survive another century on this planet.

What a crock of shit. More compassionate than, say, Norman Borlaug? Who spent most of his life developing new strains of drought-resistant, high-yield crops to feed the impoverished?

Here's who Benjamin Creme actually is: the founder and editor of Share magazine, a tabloid, who claims to make 'no money' from his claims, yet doesn't exactly give away his books, lecture series's, magazines, etc, and somehow has the dough to place ads everywhere letting people know that the second coming is on it's way. If he's so gravely concerned about the impoverished, where are his big contributions to the poor? Why does he spend much more time peddling his crap than taking action to quell hunger or disease?

He's a charlatan and, as previously noted, a fraud. Since the 1970s he's been saying that, "Oh, now Maitreya is going to appear...", and then simply shrugging his shoulders and offering some weak sauce excuse when the second coming he promised doesn't occur.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:As for the feared

Quote:
As for the feared theist badge, if I will not manage to avoid it, I can at least hope that it will be removed if my story will come true. I've done what I could, now the future can show the result. As for the "supernatural phenomena", I understand it as a form of advanced technology.

Sounds like a fair trade to me.  I've been waiting for you to admit to theism for months, and I agree with Damn Dirty Ape.  This can ONLY be described as believing in a mythical messiah-like figure.  That, my friend, is theism.

Oh, and if this stuff ever makes the science journals, I'll remove your theist badge.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Oh, and if

Hambydammit wrote:

Oh, and if this stuff ever makes the science journals, I'll remove your theist badge.

*chortle* *snort*

Is that like waiting to lose your virginity without dating? Waiting to win the lottery without buying a ticket?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Is that like waiting

Quote:
Is that like waiting to lose your virginity without dating?

...You mean... you mean....

Sad

...Life just ain't fair. It just ain't fair at all.

Quote:

February 27, 1940

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:As

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
As for the feared theist badge, if I will not manage to avoid it, I can at least hope that it will be removed if my story will come true. I've done what I could, now the future can show the result. As for the "supernatural phenomena", I understand it as a form of advanced technology.

Sounds like a fair trade to me.  I've been waiting for you to admit to theism for months, and I agree with Damn Dirty Ape.  This can ONLY be described as believing in a mythical messiah-like figure.  That, my friend, is theism.

I did NOT agree with it, I spoke only hypothetically, as it should be obvious from my sentence. And there was said nothing about science journals. You are too quick for any deal.  So you've got that theist badge shit done after all, good work man. You can have a drink on it. I will never agree with that badge, but maybe I'll stop giving a shit about that.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
What a crock of shit. More compassionate than, say, Norman Borlaug? Who spent most of his life developing new strains of drought-resistant, high-yield crops to feed the impoverished?
It's hard to compare, the intention, but Creme could be more effective. The main problem behind the famine isn't the drought, but an extremely unfair distribution of resources and money in the world. This is a great Creme's topic, he speaks about the necessity to share the resources. Without sharing, there is no justice, without justice there is no peace, and without peace, there is no future.
But I get your point, you don't have to mention here every such a man - I meant it as far as I know.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
Here's who Benjamin Creme actually is: the founder and editor of Share magazine, a tabloid, who claims to make 'no money' from his claims, yet doesn't exactly give away his books, lecture series's, magazines, etc, and somehow has the dough to place ads everywhere letting people know that the second coming is on it's way. If he's so gravely concerned about the impoverished, where are his big contributions to the poor? Why does he spend much more time peddling his crap than taking action to quell hunger or disease?
You believe in an effectivity of helping the poor with all your property and becoming poor in the process? An individual can not solve the global crises. The best we can do is to alert a large part of humanity to take the action to convince our governments to start global sharing. Once started, it will seem like a natural thing to do, and it will open the way to a peaceful solution of all our problems. Of course we can support financially the charitative organizations all the time, like I do. Creme turned a lot of people's attention to charity and selfless service. By founding and supporting this global grassroots movement, he did more good indirectly than he could do directly.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
  He's a charlatan and, as previously noted, a fraud. Since the 1970s he's been saying that, "Oh, now Maitreya is going to appear...", and then simply shrugging his shoulders and offering some weak sauce excuse when the second coming he promised doesn't occur.
You think that there can be a set date for that? The answer is, it is as soon as we make it. It could be in 1982 and it could be in a week, this has nothing to do with time. It's about the response of humanity, how much do we care about other people and the nature. The event is prepared and there are 'windows of opportunity', but the attitude of humanity (and things like response in media) decides if the particular 'window of opportunity' is usable or not. This is why these messages, signs and words like "very soon" are there, they show us that all this is practically already happening, everything is only waiting for us. There have been some opportunities which were really promising, but didn't go on just for a little bit.

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

Now I understand more how do you mean it. Centralized in one person? How did you come to that nonsense? Technically, there's at least 62 more individuals like Maitreya, and that power is inherently present within every human being. No-one of them needs our devotion, except of some two-thirds of global population caught in poverty. Maitreya himself clearly says "I have not come to make followers. If you follow me, you will lose me." That supposedly supernatural power is within all of us and developing ourselves to manifest it outwardly is the evolutionary path which everyone is on. We're all brothers and sisters in that effort, we're equally worthy because of that.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just for you, Luminon:

Just for you, Luminon:

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Didn't Luminon once have a

Didn't Luminon once have a Theist badge, for a while then it was removed?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Hambydammit

Luminon wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I did NOT agree with it, I spoke only hypothetically, as it should be obvious from my sentence. And there was said nothing about science journals. You are too quick for any deal.  So you've got that theist badge shit done after all, good work man. You can have a drink on it. I will never agree with that badge, but maybe I'll stop giving a shit about that.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
It's hard to compare, the intention, but Creme could be more effective. The main problem behind the famine isn't the drought, but an extremely unfair distribution of resources and money in the world. This is a great Creme's topic, he speaks about the necessity to share the resources. Without sharing, there is no justice, without justice there is no peace, and without peace, there is no future.
But I get your point, you don't have to mention here every such a man - I meant it as far as I know.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
You believe in an effectivity of helping the poor with all your property and becoming poor in the process? An individual can not solve the global crises. The best we can do is to alert a large part of humanity to take the action to convince our governments to start global sharing. Once started, it will seem like a natural thing to do, and it will open the way to a peaceful solution of all our problems. Of course we can support financially the charitative organizations all the time, like I do. Creme turned a lot of people's attention to charity and selfless service. By founding and supporting this global grassroots movement, he did more good indirectly than he could do directly.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
You think that there can be a set date for that? The answer is, it is as soon as we make it. It could be in 1982 and it could be in a week, this has nothing to do with time. It's about the response of humanity, how much do we care about other people and the nature. The event is prepared and there are 'windows of opportunity', but the attitude of humanity (and things like response in media) decides if the particular 'window of opportunity' is usable or not. This is why these messages, signs and words like "very soon" are there, they show us that all this is practically already happening, everything is only waiting for us. There have been some opportunities which were really promising, but didn't go on just for a little bit.

DamnDirtyApe wrote:

Now I understand more how do you mean it. Centralized in one person? How did you come to that nonsense? Technically, there's at least 62 more individuals like Maitreya, and that power is inherently present within every human being. No-one of them needs our devotion, except of some two-thirds of global population caught in poverty. Maitreya himself clearly says "I have not come to make followers. If you follow me, you will lose me." That supposedly supernatural power is within all of us and developing ourselves to manifest it outwardly is the evolutionary path which everyone is on. We're all brothers and sisters in that effort, we're equally worthy because of that.

1. If you don't think his claims chould be checked out by scientists, don't call them scientific claims.

2. Unfortunately, at present without force of arms there is no sharing. Has Creme said anything about how this sharing should come to pass or is he leaving that for Maitreya?

3. If he claims he's making no money from his claims, shouldn't his books, etc. be free or sold cheaply enough for him to cover costs without making any profit (let alone a substantial one)?Why don't you think his actions should match his words?

4. Then Creme should not call his guesses "predictions"

5a. 62 people with this alleged power and they're all keeping it secret? Interesting.

5b. The supernatural can't come from natural means (otherwise it wouldn't be supernatural). So supernatural abilities can't evolve.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Didn't

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Didn't Luminon once have a Theist badge, for a while then it was removed?

indeed he did... for something similar to this topic if im not mistaken...

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Caveat: I did not bother to actually check google news before posting. There are few things that could be new in the sky since I checked google news yesterday afternoon and of those that could be naked eye visible, they all pretty much mean that we have a few hours before the whole earth is dead.

Basically, if you are alive to read this, you are automatically wrong. Deal with it dude.

QFT.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
 That Creme guy reminds me

That Creme guy reminds me of another guy. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Hongzhi

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
inspectormustard

inspectormustard wrote:

That Creme guy reminds me of another guy. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Hongzhi

It's the circle of Woo

— George Carlin

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: 1. If you

jcgadfly wrote:
1. If you don't think his claims chould be checked out by scientists, don't call them scientific claims.

At this stage, his claims can be checked rather by journalists, than by scientists. The priority is now the announcement of Maitreya's arrival and his plan of restoring the world. A scientific details (which can go to a great detail) are not a priority, though they must be fascinating. After the events described by Creme there will be enough of attention and public will a scientific research, but now we're in a relatively short period of preparation on the emergence. My concern is giving out the information to as many people as I can, so they will have it in their reach in case they would need it. It does not matter if they believe it or not. At the same time, I welcome a people's interest in global problems and solutions.

jcgadfly wrote:
2. Unfortunately, at present without force of arms there is no sharing. Has Creme said anything about how this sharing should come to pass or is he leaving that for Maitreya?
In 1988 Maitreya did give out a prediction of a total, worldwide stock market fall. A month after the Japan stock market fell much more than was considered possible, but it didn't spread thanks to an enormous protective actions of Japanese government and businessmen. The total collapse is what we still are waiting for, and the crisis which begun in autumn 2008 is said to be the beginning of it - the end of speculative economy. The global dissent and difference between virtual money and real goods is too great; "This is a bubble which is about to burst" as he said. By the way, the huge bailouts so popular today will reputedly only make everything worse, they only ensure the economic collapse. When everything is mutually owned, one instability makes it fall all at once.

The point is, that the worldwide collapse of stock markets will for the first time awaken the humanity as a whole to the grim reality of today. Profit and power will be no longer seen by governments as a priority. The priorities of governments will become a supply of adequate food, shelter, healthcare and education for everyone as a basic rights. These ideas had been spread worldwidely for many years. In case of such a collapse Maitreya will be able to act quickly and ensure that the fall will be least destructive and that we will quickly build a new, more just economic order, based on international sharing of excessive resources. A plan for a quick, initial humanitary help to the Third world will be also executed.

jcgadfly wrote:
3. If he claims he's making no money from his claims, shouldn't his books, etc. be free or sold cheaply enough for him to cover costs without making any profit (let alone a substantial one)?Why don't you think his actions should match his words?
I don't understand how do you mean it. The books are indeed sold (not very expensively, I noticed) which actually makes them more available than if there would be no profit for the salesmen from them. Some of them are also available online. And of course, if someone translates the books and publishes them locally, (as my parents does over the last years) then it's between the local salesmen and translators.
Creme seems to have just enough money for what he needs -  tireless travelling and lecturing. He doesn't have a time for luxury or greed, neither on his travels, nor till the end of his life. (Right now he should be in Edinburgh on a workshop. One family friend is going there, so I'm curious what will she report)

jcgadfly wrote:
Isn't that only playing with words?

jcgadfly wrote:
5a. 62 people with this alleged power and they're all keeping it secret? Interesting.
Well, people in the most perfected stage of being human. Thus as Creme says, they're Masters similar to Maitreya, his disciples, having a similar control over the natural world as him. The information is that about 40 of them will eventually become externalized - publically seen, interviewed, employed as advisors, and so on. Maitreya will introduce these his disciples eventually to the world.

jcgadfly wrote:
5b. The supernatural can't come from natural means (otherwise it wouldn't be supernatural). So supernatural abilities can't evolve.
Again, this seems to me as playing with words. There is no thing as natural, distinct from or opposed to "supernatural". There is spectrum of vibratory quality of matter, which is all natural. But in our current state (which will improve) we can only see and touch a small part of that spectrum, which we call "natural". Everything else is for us either "supernatural" or a fairy-tale. But there is a small minority of people, who are able to perceive more of that natural spectrum of matter. This is also a natural thing, because a human being consists of several centres separated from each other by having a different "vibration". By conscious development of the whole being, the centres eventually get synchronized and connected together, which is an admirable achievement. The process of that potentially increases the individual's awareness of what was until that time unreachable - thus called "supernatural" from ignorance. I say potentially, because ESP is only one of many changes and it's highly dependent on other factors. There are other, more general features of an advanced person. I'm sorry if this is incomprehensible, but there are whole books about that and yet another books will have to be written, explaining this all in terms of our sciences. But this is a distant (non-priorital) future.

JillSwift wrote:

Just for you, Luminon:

Thanks. How many carats does it have?

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Again, this

Luminon wrote:

Again, this seems to me as playing with words. There is no thing as natural, distinct from or opposed to "supernatural". There is spectrum of vibratory quality of matter, which is all natural. But in our current state (which will improve) we can only see and touch a small part of that spectrum, which we call "natural". Everything else is for us either "supernatural" or a fairy-tale. But there is a small minority of people, who are able to perceive more of that natural spectrum of matter. This is also a natural thing, because a human being consists of several centres separated from each other by having a different "vibration". By conscious development of the whole being, the centres eventually get synchronized and connected together, which is an admirable achievement. The process of that potentially increases the individual's awareness of what was until that time unreachable - thus called "supernatural" from ignorance. I say potentially, because ESP is only one of many changes and it's highly dependent on other factors. There are other, more general features of an advanced person. I'm sorry if this is incomprehensible, but there are whole books about that and yet another books will have to be written, explaining this all in terms of our sciences. But this is a distant (non-priorital) future.

And you know all of this how?

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:In 1988

Luminon wrote:
In 1988 Maitreya did give out a prediction of a total, worldwide stock market fall...

This is weak Luminon.  Did Maitreya give a date for this collapse or, as you admit the recent financial troubles are "thought" to be the start of it, was it a more general prediction?  Why do I ask?  Because I'm good at general predictions.  I've just spoken to Chutney, hand-servant and prophet of the great Llama.  He allowed me to drink the sacred Jawabi and I was given gifts of vision by the Alpaca himself.  Here then, are my prophecies for mankind's future:

• The financial institutions of the world will face another collapse in the future.
  • Thousands will be killed by an as yet unheard of viral strain.
  • Thousands will be killed in a coming new war, the horrors of which will only be apparent when the blood has dried*.
  • Famine will plague the land.

With the holy power of the Alpaca I make these prophecies and I guarantee they'll all come true at some point!

M

*A war propogated by the dark Panda of course

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:jcgadfly

Luminon wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

At this stage, his claims can be checked rather by journalists, than by scientists. The priority is now the announcement of Maitreya's arrival and his plan of restoring the world. A scientific details (which can go to a great detail) are not a priority, though they must be fascinating. After the events described by Creme there will be enough of attention and public will a scientific research, but now we're in a relatively short period of preparation on the emergence. My concern is giving out the information to as many people as I can, so they will have it in their reach in case they would need it. It does not matter if they believe it or not. At the same time, I welcome a people's interest in global problems and solutions.

jcgadfly wrote:
In 1988 Maitreya did give out a prediction of a total, worldwide stock market fall. A month after the Japan stock market fell much more than was considered possible, but it didn't spread thanks to an enormous protective actions of Japanese government and businessmen. The total collapse is what we still are waiting for, and the crisis which begun in autumn 2008 is said to be the beginning of it - the end of speculative economy. The global dissent and difference between virtual money and real goods is too great; "This is a bubble which is about to burst" as he said. By the way, the huge bailouts so popular today will reputedly only make everything worse, they only ensure the economic collapse. When everything is mutually owned, one instability makes it fall all at once.

The point is, that the worldwide collapse of stock markets will for the first time awaken the humanity as a whole to the grim reality of today. Profit and power will be no longer seen by governments as a priority. The priorities of governments will become a supply of adequate food, shelter, healthcare and education for everyone as a basic rights. These ideas had been spread worldwidely for many years. In case of such a collapse Maitreya will be able to act quickly and ensure that the fall will be least destructive and that we will quickly build a new, more just economic order, based on international sharing of excessive resources. A plan for a quick, initial humanitary help to the Third world will be also executed.

jcgadfly wrote:
I don't understand how do you mean it. The books are indeed sold (not very expensively, I noticed) which actually makes them more available than if there would be no profit for the salesmen from them. Some of them are also available online. And of course, if someone translates the books and publishes them locally, (as my parents does over the last years) then it's between the local salesmen and translators.
Creme seems to have just enough money for what he needs -  tireless travelling and lecturing. He doesn't have a time for luxury or greed, neither on his travels, nor till the end of his life. (Right now he should be in Edinburgh on a workshop. One family friend is going there, so I'm curious what will she report)

jcgadfly wrote:
Isn't that only playing with words?

jcgadfly wrote:
Well, people in the most perfected stage of being human. Thus as Creme says, they're Masters similar to Maitreya, his disciples, having a similar control over the natural world as him. The information is that about 40 of them will eventually become externalized - publically seen, interviewed, employed as advisors, and so on. Maitreya will introduce these his disciples eventually to the world.

jcgadfly wrote:

JillSwift wrote:

Just for you, Luminon:

Thanks. How many carats does it have?

1. So it's a case of:

A. Journalist reports vague claim by Maitreya/Creme.

B. At some point (perhaps years later) something happens that vaguely connects to that claim.

C. Creme comes out again ans says "Maitreya was right".

2. "This is a bubble which is about to burst"? Another general prediction that had been said by many people without the woo-woo. Why does the statement need a Buddha?

3. Ah that lovely word "seems". I can make it seem like I have a 25-inch penis - do I actually have one? Creme makes it seem like he has just enough money to cover expenses - another illusion perhaps? I don't get terribly worked up when a professional deceiver practices deception - it's their job.

4. Mo more wordplay than Creme is employing. I'll make a "prediction" the way Creme does. It will probably be hot in Atlanta in late July (but it may not be). Am I now an enlightened sage?

5a. A non-answer. These people have control over the natural world and have done nothing with it because they're waiting for Maitreya/Creme to reveal himself? Since Creme is already out shouldn't they be doing something (methinks we're as close to Maitreya as we're going to get)

5b. So it's all natural potential and it's in a distant enough future that no one really needs to worry about it until Creme empties his followers' pockets.  Got it. thanks.

As for the weight of the wingnut - I wouldn't recomeend you dropping it on anything. The size of the wingnut tends to match the lunacy of the woo-woo. And it's gold plated lead to match the worth of the claims.

— George Carlin

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF wrote:This is

MichaelMcF wrote:

This is weak Luminon.  Did Maitreya give a date for this collapse or, as you admit the recent financial troubles are "thought" to be the start of it, was it a more general prediction?  

I don't remember this exactly now so I was a bit vague and unprecise. I'll better quote you the whole paragraph. (source) I don't know if you can predict such a things as well, consider it for yourself.

Quote:
Outer events have demonstrated Maitreya's insight. As early as 1988, he foresaw the release of Nelson Mandela (in 1990) and the process of détente in South Africa. In the same year he stated that governments everywhere would have to give way to the "voice of the people," a statement which found its most impressive proof in Eastern Europe. Furthermore, weeks or months ahead of time, Maitreya forecast the cease-fire between Iran and Iraq; the global rapprochement between guerrilla forces and national governments; the internal problems of the Soviet Union; the establishment of peace in Lebanon.

In early 1988, he also announced that there would be an international stock market crash which would cause governments to re-order their priorities. In 1989 the Japanese stock market lost 40% of its value, and in subsequent years the crisis spread to Eastern Europe, the Asian 'tiger economies', the Soviet Union and Argentina. The financial collapse hit the US hard in 2008 and soon had further worldwide repercussions.

inspectormustard wrote:

And you know all of this how?

By years of studying books and by examining them in personal practice and personal research of mine and other interested people. So far, everything was supportive of these claims. However, no person is repeatable and thus in a current state of technology this is something which everyone must verify by themselves. If not, there are many other ways how to improve oneself. I chose this one because I am naturally inclined to it, and different people (like the local skeptics) again have different methods. The few things which may somewhat unite us now are a mutual respect, curiosity, common interests and a desire to learn.

jcgadfly wrote:

1. So it's a case of:

A. Journalist reports vague claim by Maitreya/Creme.

B. At some point (perhaps years later) something happens that vaguely connects to that claim.

C. Creme comes out again ans says "Maitreya was right".

None of that would be enough.

1990, April 21-22: Maitreya calls together about 200 world leaders or their emissaries from the fields of government, business, science, religion and journalism for a weekend conference in London. Many pledge their cooperation to help implement his priorities.

Maitreya is very well known among a majority of important people who are already some time in their offices. For example, Vatican. They all, including journalists, are either afraid or not willing to speak about him, (after all, they're the ones most afraid about a change of the world order which keeps them in their offices) but a lot of them just waits to see his head 'above horizon' to start speaking. About that, I would recommend you to read the book by Wayne Peterson I mentioned. He writes there about that exactly.

jcgadfly wrote:
2. "This is a bubble which is about to burst"? Another general prediction that had been said by many people without the woo-woo. Why does the statement need a Buddha?
See the big quote above. I don't think that it's too much vague, it says what and where will happen. Not when, I already explained the problem with time factor and 'windows of opportunity'.

jcgadfly wrote:
3. Ah that lovely word "seems". I can make it seem like I have a 25-inch penis - do I actually have one? Creme makes it seem like he has just enough money to cover expenses - another illusion perhaps? I don't get terribly worked up when a professional deceiver practices deception - it's their job.
In Creme's books, articles and the whole magazine in general there is a great emphasis on how greedy our civilization is, how the money are misused, and how our 1/3 of population lives in extreme abundance, while the majority lives in deep poverty. I know no evidence that Creme rakes money, quite opposite. Creme says that commercialization is more dangerous than atomic bomb, he's not likely to take his own words lightly. But I am not omniscient nor I am Creme's accountant, this is why I am compelled to use the word "seems" to not be dogmatic about something I can't verify personally with 100% certainity.

jcgadfly wrote:
4. Mo more wordplay than Creme is employing. I'll make a "prediction" the way Creme does. It will probably be hot in Atlanta in late July (but it may not be). Am I now an enlightened sage?
This is not how his predictions are like. In their times, most of them was considered very unusual, unbelievable, even impossible to come true. On the other side, your "prediction" is related to a cyclic phenomenon which happens for millions of years.

jcgadfly wrote:
  5a. A non-answer. These people have control over the natural world and have done nothing with it because they're waiting for Maitreya/Creme to reveal himself? Since Creme is already out shouldn't they be doing something (methinks we're as close to Maitreya as we're going to get)
You should read some introductory book or articles on them. Technically, they're like Maitreya, not limited by time, space, death, or ignorance anymore. But the world is not yet prepared to have 63 godlike men in the public out of nothing, they have to be introduced first, together with a lot of other information. They are the toilers in background of human history, only some of them are known by name. There are only two Masters working openly at the moment. One is Maitreya and the other one is Master perhaps best known of all. He was once incarnated as Apollonius of Tyana and before that, Jushu Ben Pandira, today called Jesus the Nazarene. (contrary to historical sources, born 24 B.C. as Creme says)

jcgadfly wrote:
  5b. So it's all natural potential and it's in a distant enough future that no one really needs to worry about it until Creme empties his followers' pockets.  Got it. thanks.
Again, I have never seen any way how to donate money to Creme or his related organizations. Neither I had ever seen him say or write about asking money for his purposes. When such a question was asked, he recommended some well-estabilished charity agencies under the United Nations, like Oxfam, for example. If you still notice something which would support and justify your suspicion, you should let me know!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Thanks - I'll check out the

Thanks - I'll check out the book as soon as I can get ILL set up with a library that has it.

I find it interesting that the author is only listed as an ambassador on his own site and not on the State Department's site.

Could it be...bat squeeze?

— George Carlin

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Thanks - I'll

jcgadfly wrote:

Thanks - I'll check out the book as soon as I can get ILL set up with a library that has it.

I find it interesting that the author is only listed as an ambassador on his own site and not on the State Department's site.

Could it be...bat squeeze?

I'm very glad to see that! Please give me some feedback of what you think about the book, when you finish it.

I have just looked at the page and there was written that he's retired. So it might be that he prefers to call himself an ambassador, which is better than calling himself a retiree Smiling You know the saying, 'once president, always president.'
Btw, what is the 'bat squeeze'? The normal dictionary, Urban Dictionary and uncle Google didn't make that clear.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
MichaelMcF wrote:Luminon

MichaelMcF wrote:

Luminon wrote:
In 1988 Maitreya did give out a prediction of a total, worldwide stock market fall...

This is weak Luminon.

Uh, yeah, especially when October 1987 was the crash.

Oh, and I've mentioned about a thousand times on this site that every ten years since the 60s we have one. Call me a prophet: the next one will be 2016-17.