How much money does the pope make?

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
How much money does the pope make?

Religion is an innocent pastime between meals if nobody gets hurt.

Now, since Roman Catholicism is COMMERCE with superstitions of the Dark Ages, the question:

How much money does the pope harvest to his coffers at this particularly profitable “Easter” time?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
The Pope

is into this bullshit cult for the Power not the money,one must have an understanding of power,it's just like the President,he only seeks power,the money is a plus,not the ultimate goal .    PS. it is beyond my imagination.  " When the power of LOVE overcomes the LOVE of power,the world will know PEACE " Jimi Hendrix

Signature ? How ?

crazymonkie
Silver Member
crazymonkie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, I'm not convinced

Actually, I'm not convinced that's the case with this new Pope. He was the head of the modern Inquisition (no lie- it just changed its name to 'The Office of Truth In Doctrine' or something like that). So I think he really *believes* all this crazy shit he says.

OrdinaryClay wrote:
If you don't believe your non-belief then you don't believe and you must not be an atheist.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
One must remember that

One must remember that before one becomes a pope he is a bishop and then a cardinal with a monstrous bank account to handle! So, MONEY is an important issue!
Besides, to hire a jumbo jet and a popemobil with 20 bodyguards involves MILLIONS of dollars, money extricated from VICTIMS of his IDOLATROUS religious system.
If the “Christian governments” would STOP giving millions to this LIAR, there would be better prospect to recover our intellectual sanity!

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:One must

julio wrote:
One must remember that before one becomes a pope he is a bishop and then a cardinal with a monstrous bank account to handle! So, MONEY is an important issue! Besides, to hire a jumbo jet and a popemobil with 20 bodyguards involves MILLIONS of dollars, money extricated from VICTIMS of his IDOLATROUS religious system. If the “Christian governments” would STOP giving millions to this LIAR, there would be better prospect to recover our intellectual sanity!

Benedict in fact did run the Office of the True Doctrine prior name The Office of the Inquisition so he is a true believer or he's just in to causing harm.

He's also an old man so money isn't doing things for him like it once did, not that it matters as he has this job til he dies.

What do you mean Christian Governments are giving him millions?

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, is known that the USA

Well, is known that the USA government gives the RCC money, is it not? And that money is tax money, is it not? Or, second version, the same RCC is exempt from paying TAX, which means, it gets MILLIONS from the taxman!

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:Well, is known

julio wrote:
Well, is known that the USA government gives the RCC money, is it not? And that money is tax money, is it not? Or, second version, the same RCC is exempt from paying TAX, which means, it gets MILLIONS from the taxman!

All churches and non-profits are exempt from taxes so it's not favoritism it's just plain wrong.

It means that everyone else has to pay for the delusional fantasies that are cash machines that enable the RCC and the TV Evangelists with Rolex watches and BMWs. All fantasies that are considered valid religions get to dodge taxes not just the RCC. We are equal opportunity fantasy enablers. Since atheism does not fit such a definition donations and activities are not tax exempt. We allow delusional fantasies to be exempt from tax but tax rationality. 

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn’t that a wrong system

Isn’t that a wrong system guaranteed by the Constitution? How would it be put right if not through more WAR?…
RCC and TV Evangelists need to be put right! That is, REMOVE their privilege status in the statute books! Down with sucking tax money into religious dens!!