A Warm RRS Welcome To All You Theists

spirale2
User is offlineOffline
A Warm RRS Welcome To All You Theists

Hi Y'all! I'm from the RRS, and I'm here to kill you with kindness and eradicate y'alls beliefs rationally and peacefully (but not of my own free will).

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Self ownage example #3.

Self ownage example #3.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Is this really all you've

Is this really all you've got?  You don't like my avatar of a cat with a machine gun?  Don't you know that cats don't carry machine guns?  It's a cartoon, kiddo.  It's a cat... you know... cats... the little fluffy house pets... and it has a gun... that's funny, right?

So, was there anything you wanted to discuss?  I promise Rambo Kitty won't shoot you unless you're stupid.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I promise

Hambydammit wrote:

I promise Rambo Kitty won't shoot you unless you're stupid. 

Oops, too late.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
spirale2 wrote: Hi Y'all!

spirale2 wrote:

Hi Y'all! I'm from the RRS, and I'm here to kill you with kindness and eradicate y'alls beliefs rationally and peacefully (but not of my own free will).

Hi how's it going? Not that I don't like your picture but its kind of unrelated but that's besides the point. While I do condone killing rationallity with kindess peacefully, if someone is unwillfully forcing you to do these things you should probably contact the police or something. I assume you can do that, right, since you have access to the internet.

Note: Becaues I lack confidence that anyone will get it. Read the OP not as if it was a troll immitating someone but as if it's a serious message.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Hi how's it going?

Quote:
Hi how's it going? Not that I don't like your picture but its kind of unrelated but that's besides the point. While I do condone killing rationallity with kindess peacefully, if someone is unwillfully forcing you to do these things you should probably contact the police or something. I assume you can do that, right, since you have access to the internet.

I defy anybody to quote me anywhere at any time saying that I believe in forcing people to be atheists, or to believe in anything, for that matter.  That's completely antithetical to everything I write about and believe.

I can understand why some people misunderstand the cat.  It's an advanced form of humor known as irony, which is lost on many.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I defy

Hambydammit wrote:
I defy anybody to quote me anywhere at any time saying that I believe in forcing people to be atheists, or to believe in anything, for that matter.  That's completely antithetical to everything I write about and believe.

I can understand why some people misunderstand the cat.  It's an advanced form of humor known as irony, which is lost on many.

I can do that, here:

Hambydammit wrote:
...I believe in forcing people to be atheists...
Isn't quote mining fun? Eye-wink

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Touche...Curiously, that's

Touche...

Curiously, that's what about half of Dawkins' speech at American Atheists, in Atlanta, was about.  He talked about what he called "Mining the Edisson Confession."  One tactic of rhetoric is to give undue credit to an implausible idea to highlight the absurdity of a much less plausible one.  When Dawkins was asked about the possibility of life on earth being intelligently designed, he once bent over backwards to think of a way that it could be.  He suggested that one could make a case for life on earth being seeded by aliens, who would indeed be "intelligent designers."  In the very next sentence, he said that this would, of course, not answer the question of intelligent design, for we would have to ask who designed the designers.

Of course, nobody quoted him on the second sentence.  They only said, "RICHARD DAWKINS BELIEVES ALIENS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIFE ON EARTH!!  Details of the cracking up of the world's leading atheist at 11."

Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:
Touche...

Curiously, that's what about half of Dawkins' speech at American Atheists, in Atlanta, was about.  He talked about what he called "Mining the Edisson Confession."  One tactic of rhetoric is to give undue credit to an implausible idea to highlight the absurdity of a much less plausible one.  When Dawkins was asked about the possibility of life on earth being intelligently designed, he once bent over backwards to think of a way that it could be.  He suggested that one could make a case for life on earth being seeded by aliens, who would indeed be "intelligent designers."  In the very next sentence, he said that this would, of course, not answer the question of intelligent design, for we would have to ask who designed the designers.

Of course, nobody quoted him on the second sentence.  They only said, "RICHARD DAWKINS BELIEVES ALIENS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIFE ON EARTH!!  Details of the cracking up of the world's leading atheist at 11."

It's a "tool" used extensively by the IDiot gang. I'm too tired to go looking any of this up, but as I recal most of the ID literature begins with a mined quote and runs with it to reach thier predetermined conclusion. Darwin is a favorite target: You'll hear how "Darwin himself said his theory was wrong!" and the reference is to his admission that he didn't have a mechanism yet, and that should no explanation for eyes or wings ever be found that the theory would likely be falsified. (He was a pretty good scientists, he was.)

Of course, a mechanism (dna) and explanations for all manner of eyes and wings have since been found. His basic pricipals are still very much valid after 150 years of testing.

Whither quote mining or any other rhetorical device, they rely on general ignorance to prop up thier side. It's frustrating as hell.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Balkoth
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:Hi

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Psst.

The poster you quoted and responded to was making a joke.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Psst.The poster you

Quote:
Psst.

The poster you quoted and responded to was making a joke.

I know.  I'm still pissed at the OP.

Books about atheism

warmly welcomed? (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Quote: "There are people who

Quote:
"There are people who say there is no God, but what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views." -Einstein

"The fanatical atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who--in their grudge against traditional religion as the 'opium of the masses'-- cannot hear the music of the spheres." -Einstein

"Science can be created only by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding," he said. "This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion." The talk got front-page news coverage, and his pithy conclusion became famous. "The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1607298,00.html 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Misplaced Appeal To

Misplaced Appeal To Authority. Might as well get Edison to fix your computer while you're crossing scientific (and lack thereof) fields so amusingly.

spirale2
User is offlineOffline
The Tommygun-Toting Tomcat Sez----

"I promise Rambo Kitty won't shoot you unless you're stupid."

That's rich! Who are YOU to decide who's "stupid"? You're a grown man in his mid 30s who's still putting little drawings of machinegun toting cats alongside his posts!

When someone who says there's no free will promises he'll eradicate other peoples beliefs "peacefully", what's that promise worth? According to him, he didn't have no control over what words came out of his mouth when he made the promise, and he ain't gonna have none over what he does when he starts in "eradicating".

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is funny that the OP

It is funny that the OP seems to be accusing this site of wanting to use force on theists, so their solution seems to be, "Unless you are a borg of me and are always politically correct, you are bad".

Listen Spewell2,

If there is one thing I hate more than bigotry, it would be political correctness. If you are happy smiling all the time using Dr Seus language with theists, that is YOU. But for you to expect every atheist (if you are one)to be like you is a bit hypocritical.

Who do you think you are going on a site you don't own presuming to tell others how they should behave? If you don't like RRS's way of conducting it's site, then go start your own website.

May I suggest a website name?

www.polliticallycorrectasshats.com

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
spirale2 wrote:The

spirale2 wrote:

That's rich! Who are YOU to decide who's "stupid"? You're a grown man in his mid 30s who's still putting little drawings of machinegun toting cats alongside his posts!

When someone who says there's no free will promises he'll eradicate other peoples beliefs "peacefully", what's that promise worth? According to him, he didn't have no control over what words came out of his mouth when he made the promise, and he ain't gonna have none over what he does when he starts in "eradicating".

If you don't like this website, you dont have to stay. You CAN create your own website and make your own rules and use your own logos.

If there is anyone who is acting imature, it is YOU, projecting yourself on others.

You do not own this site. Get over it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
spirale2 wrote:The

spirale2 wrote:

That's rich! Who are YOU to decide who's "stupid"?

I am Vastet. He is Hambydammit. You are stupid. You're welcome. Smiling

spirale2 wrote:
You're a grown man in his mid 30s who's still putting little drawings of machinegun toting cats alongside his posts!

And you're (presumably) a grown man whining about his little drawing of a cat with a machinegun, and ignoring the substance he posts in writing. This makes you more mature how?

spirale2 wrote:

He already started "eradicating". We all have. The fact that there is not untold legions of dead theists lying around should tell you something. Good luck figuring it out.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:spirale2

Vastet wrote:

spirale2 wrote:

That's rich! Who are YOU to decide who's "stupid"?

I am Vastet. He is Hambydammit. You are stupid. You're welcome. Smiling

spirale2 wrote:
You're a grown man in his mid 30s who's still putting little drawings of machinegun toting cats alongside his posts!

And you're (presumably) a grown man whining about his little drawing of a cat with a machinegun, and ignoring the substance he posts in writing. This makes you more mature how?

spirale2 wrote:

He already started "eradicating". We all have. The fact that there is not untold legions of dead theists lying around should tell you something. Good luck figuring it out.

That is because this dipshit thinks "eradicate" equates to force when all it means is "get rid of". The word does not address tactic.

If I can convince someone to voluntarly give up their position how is that not "getting rid" of an absurd belief. "Eradicate" only means to "get rid of". It does not implicate tactic either forceful or voluntary.

Neither the theist or atheist should advocate "force" but for the theist to lie and say they dont want to "eradicate" all other competing positions is bullshit.

I DO want to "eradicate" superstition and deity belief. I DO NOT WANT to force people to do so. I do want to put the information that theists have not, or may not have considered, out there. I am confident that my position is solid and can withstand the scrutiny of my detractors. That is much more than I can say for those who say, "Don't pick on my  God".

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Hambydammit

JillSwift wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

I can do that, here:

Hambydammit wrote:
...I believe in forcing people to be atheists...
Isn't quote mining fun? Eye-wink

LOL

Gotta be careful how you word things around here...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I believe

Hambydammit wrote:

I believe in forcing people to be atheists...

Hamby's views do not necessarily represent the views of the RRS or it's members...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

spike.barnett wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

I believe in forcing people to be atheists...

Hamby's views do not necessarily represent the views of the RRS or it's members...

Yay, nonconsentual conversion!

It's just like the inquisition, only better!

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
I'm confused. Is everybody

I'm confused.

Is everybody PO'd at everybody else, or is everybody PO'd at at least someone else.

BTW. Is the double "at" above grammatically correct?

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sometimes words are used

Sometimes words are used twice in succession to form compound prepositions. I don't care for the practice. I think it makes one's writing appear maladroit and hurried.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Is it a bad thing or a good thing that I can't comprehend the OP?