Comfort apologizes for banana analogy.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Comfort apologizes for banana analogy.

Found this to be interesting. I hope Dawkins debates with Comfort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCyo0qy9pU

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
no!!!!!

Zeeboe wrote:

Found this to be interesting. I hope Dawkins debates with Comfort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCyo0qy9pU

Try another link.    Zero on this one.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Hmm.

They must have removed it, cause I went to look for it, and nada.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The video is set to

The video is set to private.  Would you give us the title so that it may be googled?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Dawkins would never debate

Dawkins would never debate Comfort.  Poor Ray would fail a high school biology test.  Dawkins would never lower himself to that level.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Dawkins

Hambydammit wrote:

Dawkins would never debate Comfort.  Poor Ray would fail a high school biology test.  Dawkins would never lower himself to that level.

Or as (I think) he said, "My debating him might help his CV but it wouldn't help mine"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I remember watching Ray back

I remember watching Ray back down from the banana only to pick up on something equally ridiculous, but I can't remember why or what it was. Probably doesn't really matter.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Or as (I think) he

Quote:
Or as (I think) he said, "My debating him might help his CV but it wouldn't help mine"

I have no idea if Dawkins has said this about Comfort, but it is his normal answer when challenged to debate a Creationist.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
I think Dawkins said he

I think Dawkins said he would debate him if Comfort offered $100 000 to the Richard Dawkins Foundation. Comfort originally offered $10 000 to go any charity and Dawkins refused this as it was just a plug for Cameron book

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
It's actually called

It's actually called "Comfort apologizes for banana analogy". lol. I don't know why WOTM set it private. Wouldn't it be a good way for them to get their message out? I'd love to see a Dawkins/Comfort debate, but I doubt it will happen. I know Dawkins feels it wouldn't help him, but I think he'd be surprised. It'd be a chance for him to send his message to Christians who otherwise might not ever consider reading or listening to any of his comments.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:Or

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I have no idea if Dawkins has said this about Comfort, but it is his normal answer when challenged to debate a Creationist.

Thanks for the clarification - though you must admit debating Dawkins would definitely help Comfort's CV (and not do a damn thing for Dr. Dawkins)

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote:I think

mrjonno wrote:

I think Dawkins said he would debate him if Comfort offered $100 000 to the Richard Dawkins Foundation. Comfort originally offered $10 000 to go any charity and Dawkins refused this as it was just a plug for Cameron book

If I recall, the 10k was refused becaus Dawkins said that it was about half of his normal speaking fee. 

I wouldn't want to kick Ray's ass at a loss, would you?

— George Carlin

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That, however, brings to

That, however, brings to mind an interesting question. How much does Ray typically charge for speaking?

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:That, however,

Vastet wrote:

That, however, brings to mind an interesting question. How much does Ray typically charge for speaking?

Ray typically pays people to LET him speak.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:though you

jcgadfly wrote:

though you must admit debating Dawkins would definitely help Comfort's CV (and not do a damn thing for Dr. Dawkins)

That would be terrible to watch. And I think for Dawkins, it would be terrible to participate in. Honestly, why would you care if someone as monumentally ignorant as Ray Comfort disagreed with you. I've never been able to watch the RRS vs those guys all the way through, because it's so terrible to see Ray speak, and then have Brian and Kelly try to respond with something other than "... but that's stupid", even though that would be the natural response for pretty much everything said.

It would take so much effort on Dawkins' part not to seem like he's being a bully that it's just not worth it. Calmly explaining the basics of biology to Ray Comfort would require a full tuition fee to Oxford before I could imagine any biologist being willing to do it.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote:Vastet

Archeopteryx wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Ray typically pays people to LET him speak.

Well that explains it. Why would you want to pay for a qualified speaker when this guy is offering to pay you?

Never mind that the guy you have to pay actually knows what he's talking about and has degrees to back it up....

DanMullin
DanMullin's picture
User is offlineOffline
It appears that the video

It appears that the video has resurfaced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHaSZtf5I1k

thechristianpol...
User is offlineOffline
Peanut Butter

Was it peanut butter? Or maybe it was the coke can?

Also here is the new link for the comfort video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHaSZtf5I1k

I think it is slightly edited from the original version.

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't call that video

I wouldn't call that video an apology.

Not at all.